Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

tanc

Im rather curious on what LED to Rapunzel getting an E-ticket (2,000 yen)pricing for Disney premier access.

while originally it was listed that it will get a D-ticket (1,500¥)pricing.

Moreover, media outlets are now saying Fantasy springs attractions will be standby pass but stating that it will be lottery based on all attractions besides Vacation packages and Premier access.

for Reference,

E-tickets

Peterpan
Frozen

D-ticket

Rapunzel

C-ticket

Tinkerbell

Sidenote

Duchess (main character for Fantasy springs)
tombo(dragonfly)

has also been revealed by the media outlets and has a mural dedicated to her on the More expensive grand chateau.

Confirmed.

• From June 6, 2024, a Standby Pass will be required for Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Journey.
  • From June 6, 2024, a Standby Pass will be required for Rapunzel's Lantern Festival.
  • From June 6, 2024, a Standby Pass will be required for Peter Pan’s Never Land Adventure.
  • From June 6, 2024, a Standby Pass will be required for Fairy Tinker Bell’s Busy Buggies.

It's not that surprising, it would be absolute mayhem if priority passes were to be allowed.

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

Confirmed.

• 「アナとエルサのフローズンジャーニー」は2024年6月6日(木)から、スタンバイパス対象となります。
  • 「ラプンツェルのランタンフェスティバル」は2024年6月6日(木)から、スタンバイパス対象となります。
  • 「ピーターパンのネバーランドアドベンチャー」は2024年6月6日(木)から、スタンバイパス対象となります。
  • 「フェアリー・ティンカーベルのビジーバギー」は2024年6月6日(木)から、スタンバイパス対象となります
It says you will need a standby pass.
standby pass=first come first serve basis
Entry pass=Lottery

its kinda weird that media outlets are saying standby pass are lottery.

PiratesMansion

Im rather curious on what LED to Rapunzel getting an E-ticket (2,000 yen)pricing for Disney premier access.

while originally it was listed that it will get a D-ticket (1,500¥)pricing.

Moreover, media outlets are now saying Fantasy springs attractions will be standby pass but stating that it will be lottery based on all attractions besides Vacation packages and Premier access.

for Reference,

E-tickets

Peterpan
Frozen

D-ticket

Rapunzel

C-ticket

Tinkerbell

Sidenote

Duchess (main character for Fantasy springs)
tombo(dragonfly)

has also been revealed by the media outlets and has a mural dedicated to her on the More expensive grand chateau.
Perhaps they're concerned that people would have flooded Rapunzel's Premier Access simply because it would have been cheaper than the other showpiece attractions.

Lottery access for all their new attractions unless you splurge? Maybe I shouldn't have complained about the US parks' virtual queues.

Bayou

Perhaps they're concerned that people would have flooded Rapunzel's Premier Access simply because it would have been cheaper than the other showpiece attractions.

Lottery access for all their new attractions unless you splurge? Maybe I shouldn't have complained about the US parks' virtual queues.
Rupunzel is getting E ticket status because 1. It’s the most hyped attraction (even in Japan) 2. Lower capacity than other E tickets

Animaniac93-98

I'm fine with the Rapunzel ride not having so many scenes and characters lifted directly from the movie. It's more experiential, and about the journey going to the festival, than a strict book report like Frozen. I even would have preferred restaging the scenes and characters so that they appear to be leading us vs being a passive observer to their interactions.

The Peter Pan rides are also more about exploring Neverland (and by extension Pixie Hollow), and I like that too.

I have to agree with others that the story of Frozen doesn't really lend itself to a ride. To me, the appeal of visiting Arrendelle is the same as visiting the real Scandinavia. Admiring the historic architecture, the natural beauty of the mountains, and browsing the charming local villages. A sleigh ride through the mountains like the HKDL roller coaster is actually more logical...too bad it's so short. And given the lack of roller coasters at TDS, it could have used another.

Frozen feels like a direct sequel to the BatB ride too. An attempt to replicate and top all the aspects of that ride, including being a more complete retelling of the story.

TTA94

First thought was a new daytime parade already or even nighttime, but then I remembered Halloween and Christmas and those are both way over due to be replaced, by TDL standards that is lol. I think Dreamlights has been the longest running parade at TDL, sure it’s been upgraded through the years but still.

EPCOTCenterLover

I think each of the three big rides are great. All are very atmospheric and take you into their worlds, each very different worlds. Plus I just love Disney boat ride attractions. I think the area and its attractions are a Grand Slam any way you measure it.

Other than needing special passes to see the rides, that is. :(

TalkToEthan

Which is correct:

(A) all “non vacation packaging guests” need to win a lottery to enter Fantasy Springs and once inside the land may join any queue as stand by???

(B) all Disney Sea guests can enter Fantasy Springs and join any standby line???

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Frozen Journey feels like the extended, directors cut version Frozen Ever After. There's a lot of extra content in there that pads the run time, but doesn't feel like it's completely necessary. Like BatB, there is a lot that looks REALLY good, but for a ride, it just falls a little short for me.

Peter Pan on the other hand seems like a super fun and charming attraction with a lot of heart and character. Not only that, musically, Peter Pan works REALLY well... it's a great use of the songs with musical themes strung throughout the ride. By far Peter Pan is the attraction I'm most intrigued with.

tanc

I'm kind of surprised all these rides have leaked already, seems relatively early, but I guess we are only about a month away.

Animaniac93-98

Given that the Frozen attraction seems polarizing, it seems like a good thing in retropsect that they didn't just do a Frozen-focused land, as was the original plan when this was all originally announced (though it would have been nice to have had a larger spin on the OG Glacier Bay concept).

A Frozen land with just the boat ride we got as the only ride would have been disappointing, though I think it would have looked nicer as a land with a more fleshed out village and mountain backdrop.

ThemeParkTraveller

A Frozen land with just the boat ride we got as the only ride would have been disappointing, though I think it would have looked nicer as a land with a more fleshed out village and mountain backdrop.

The original plans mentioned only part of the land would be themed to Frozen (in the same way that Arabian Coast isn't all Aladdin). It would have been interesting to see what non-IP additions they came up with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom