Space Mountain Exterior Refurbishment

jt04

Very pleased the kept the classic look. If we get the Tron canopy similar to Shanghai it will contrast well. IMO.

rocketraccoon

egLNMa2.jpg

77j2Mb0.jpg

YcJZYaN.jpg

Scaffolding off of all the spires for now.

hpyhnt 1000

It does look great, even better in person. I just wish they would do something different with that light blue, maybe a darker shade or something else that is a little more bold.

You may be getting your wish. Can anyone confirm that's a darker blue going up along the sides? I'm pretty sure it's a different hue and not a trick of the light.

EDIT - Looks like that section has been darker for some time to match the adjacent old arcade building. It'd be nice if it was extended around the entire building.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 8.31.37 AM.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You may be getting your wish. Can anyone confirm that's a darker blue going up along the sides? I'm pretty sure it's a different hue and not a trick of the light.

EDIT - Looks like that section has been darker for some time to match the adjacent old arcade building. It'd be nice if it was extended around the entire building.

View attachment 225573
Is the dark section not adjacent to the WEDWay track?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Sorry if this was asked but I know it was pressure washed but was the building stripped first as well or was the old color just that dirty and or faded?! It almost looks like there is no paint left on the unpainted sections.

rocketraccoon

View attachment 225573
I think it's just the light. That area has been darker than the rest for awhile now.
spaze.jpg

From July 26th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom