News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

ToTBellHop

There was definitely a missed opportunity to do something… at least throw some blue LED strips in the tunnel.
I would have started with
1679484509521.jpeg

then
1679484525049.jpeg

and then the climax would have two homeless AAs sleeping on the Sunday edition of the Times.

The other side would have a collection of the rat eye boxes like the ones they use in Ratatouille.

Dunston

I’m going to MK the week after opening. Lucked out that our trip was timed well enough that we will be able to ride it! That is, if we can manage the virtual queue. I haven’t been to any Disney park since they started doing this. What’s the procedure to doing this, and are there any helpful guide beyond the first results that come up if you just “Google it, dummy!”

tparris

I’m going to MK the week after opening. Lucked out that our trip was timed well enough that we will be able to ride it! That is, if we can manage the virtual queue. I haven’t been to any Disney park since they started doing this. What’s the procedure to doing this, and are there any helpful guide beyond the first results that come up if you just “Google it, dummy!”
If you want to try the 7am drop, make sure to go in the app BEFORE 7, not only to be prepared for the drop but also to ensure you have all of your party members ready to go for the boarding group. Here’s another quick tip: if you have an iPhone, the icon for the clock app on your Home Screen actually shows the current time down to the exact second. Keep an eye on that icon and watch as it approaches 7am. I’d say switch back to the app (which you should already have ready on the virtual queue join screen) about 5-10 seconds before 7. As soon as the hour hits, hit the blue button to refresh the page. That same button will turn into a “join virtual queue” button, which you should then tap as soon as it appears. If all goes well, you’ll have a boarding group! It may not always work, but it’s how I’ve been getting VQ groups for the past 8 months I’ve been living in Orlando. The good news is even if you don’t get the first drop, you can try the same thing again at 1pm. I hope this helps!

Dunston

If you want to try the 7am drop, make sure to go in the app BEFORE 7, not only to be prepared for the drop but also to ensure you have all of your party members ready to go for the boarding group. Here’s another quick tip: if you have an iPhone, the icon for the clock app on your Home Screen actually shows the current time down to the exact second. Keep an eye on that icon and watch as it approaches 7am. I’d say switch back to the app (which you should already have ready on the virtual queue join screen) about 5-10 seconds before 7. As soon as the hour hits, hit the blue button to refresh the page. That same button will turn into a “join virtual queue” button, which you should then tap as soon as it appears. If all goes well, you’ll have a boarding group! It may not always work, but it’s how I’ve been getting VQ groups for the past 8 months I’ve been living in Orlando. The good news is even if you don’t get the first drop, you can try the same thing again at 1pm. I hope this helps!
Thank you!

Purduevian

This may have been discussed already but if you are unsuccessful at getting a VQ for Tron at both 7 and 1, is it doable to still have a shot at GOTG?
The 7am drop requires a park reservation for the park. MK for Tron, Epcot for GOTG, you can't have both
The 1pm drop requires you to have physically entered to the park. You are only allowed to visit 1 park until 2pm.

The only way this is possible would be to have a MK reservation. Get the 7am Tron VQ. Hop to Epcot at 2pm, and the GOTG VQ is still open from 1pm.

WorldExplorer

With the removal of the rolling bushes, Energy Bytes is now accessible to everyone.

Energy Bytes at TRON Lightcycle Run now open in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland​

I don't pretend to be an expert in mochi, so I fully expect someone to show up and be all "silly WorldExplorer, it's SUPPOSED to be like that!" but I just tried the mochi here and it was terrible.

It has like a third of an inch thick shell and it feels like eating rubber. Usually when I buy mochi the outside is relatively thin and feels/tastes like dough. This was so bad I threw most of it away.

The watermelon drink was fine, but I don't think I'd go out of my way for it.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I don't pretend to be an expert in mochi, so I fully expect someone to show up and be all "silly WorldExplorer, it's SUPPOSED to be like that!" but I just tried the mochi here and it was terrible.

It has like a third of an inch thick shell and it feels like eating rubber. Usually when I buy mochi the outside is relatively thin and feels/tastes like dough. This was so bad I threw most of it away.

The watermelon drink was fine, but I don't think I'd go out of my way for it.
You were supposed to send the mochi through the upload conduit first before eating, you fool.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

TTA94

When riding this this other day I noticed how dirty the canopy is already and on some of the metal posts the paint is peeling and stuff. Granted the framing and everything has been sitting there for awhile and being hit by all the rain and sun. This isn’t exactly a “recently built and opened” attraction.

ToTBellHop

When riding this this other day I noticed how dirty the canopy is already and on some of the metal posts the paint is peeling and stuff. Granted the framing and everything has been sitting there for awhile and being hit by all the rain and sun. This isn’t exactly a “recently built and opened” attraction.
The Great Pyramids were already dusty when they opened. Ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom