New Animal Planet documentary explores Animal Kingdom's latest additions

GCTales

Did they say when we can expect the tiger cubs? My wife went to scouring the internet to find the answer as we are going in April. Anybody have the inside track on this?
Actually, I don;t think she is pregnant yet.. everything I saw suggested that they were getting her ready to breed... once she is pregnant.. I think gestation is something like 100 days (a lot quicker than 9 months)..

PorterRedkey

I spoke with the CMs when we did the Wild Africa Trek. I teach high school French and wanted to add something to my curriculum for my seniors. I created a whole Africa unit since there are so many French-speaking countries there. After learning about the countries, the people & humanitarian aid, we focus on the animals. The kids have a cell-phone drive to help GRACE & Disney with their conservation efforts for the gorillas in the French Congo (since there is illegal mining for coltan there). This year we even got the middle schoolers involved with our conservation efforts. GRACE is a wonderful organization. There are tons of YouTube clips - even with the Disney Conservation Fund. My kids also raised enough money to adopt a couple of gorillas!!
Good job!

Teachers are so important, I wish they got paid like it! Thank you for being a good one! :)

DfromATX

I watched it but don't remember any features of DinoLand (except Finding Nemo musical). Were there any?

So either there's nothing that's "Alive with Magic" in this part of the park to feature or maybe they want this special to be around for years and DinoLand won't be. Isn't that the next area rumored to receive some updates?

I don't recall seeing Dinosaur either.

SorcererMC

Are you sure? I didn't see anything in that segment besides the public space in the Conservation Station.
No I wasn't sure...which is why I said 'I'm not sure' and 'it looks like'. :)
I watched it again this morning - they show the viewing window for Rafiki's Planet Watch/ Conservation Station, where all guests can see animals being treated.
But @DfromATX asked if anyone can tour the animal hospital....and they can, as part of the additional $ backstage tour (which also includes the Animal Nutrition Center featured on the show).

Clowd Nyne

Actually, I don;t think she is pregnant yet.. everything I saw suggested that they were getting her ready to breed... once she is pregnant.. I think gestation is something like 100 days (a lot quicker than 9 months)..
Thanks! That time line gives quite a bit of wiggle room for there to be babies in the spring

PorterRedkey

I love these specials! And to have a whole special featuring my favorite park at WDW is icing on the cake. I thought this one was really well done. Still a big commercial, but a well done one.

These specials make great time capsules. I love looking back at old park opening specials or anniversary specials. You can see how thing how changed - shows, rides, building designs, character designs etc... I hope they do more of these when SWL and MK's 50th comes around.

HMF

I love these specials! And to have a whole special featuring my favorite park at WDW is icing on the cake. I thought this one was really well done. Still a big commercial, but a well done one.

These specials make great time capsules. I love looking back at old park opening specials or anniversary specials. You can see how thing how changed - shows, rides, building designs, character designs etc... I hope they do more of these when SWL and MK's 50th comes around.
I honestly wish there were more specials like these that have actual substance versus the usual celebrity-loaded crap they usually put out.

SorcererMC

You're kidding right? The whole thing was a commercial.

Didn't stop me from eating it up like a sucker.

Well, they did talk a lot about the Disney Conservation Fund. I think that is a good thing.

I also think they explained the story and overall message behind Rivers of Light and Pandora better for those who aren't familiar or won't get it....that there's more to AK and Pandora than 'cool ride, bro'. I'd add too that there is truth in advertising about AK being different and more beautiful at night. I'm selfishly annoyed that it's going to be more crowded now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom