Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Indeed.

His supposedly 'live and unrehearsed' speech is acted purposely as such. The man is indeed an actor who doesn't speak or act in this way, nor does he pronounce his "th" as a "d" to imitate a slight Indian accent in his other acting roles. This choppiness allows the pre-show to drop in show extenders if the theater is not ready (parasites, huh... I'll be right back, move around some more, keystone species).

This is in contrast to the pre-packaged video of Dr. Jackie Ogden (who is totally not Sigourney Weaver), who then introduces the pre-packaged video of off-camera narrator who expounds on powerful amplified psionic connections.

Forget about the Phoenicians, I'd like to thank science so that we can, uh... fly!

Djsfantasi

Indeed.

His supposedly 'live and unrehearsed' speech is acted purposely as such. The man is indeed an actor who doesn't speak or act in this way, nor does he pronounce his "th" as a "d" to imitate a slight Indian accent in his other acting roles. This choppiness allows the pre-show to drop in show extenders if the theater is not ready (parasites, huh... I'll be right back, move around some more, keystone species).

This is in contrast to the pre-packaged video of Dr. Jackie Ogden (who is totally not Sigourney Weaver), who then introduces the pre-packaged video of off-camera narrator who expounds on powerful amplified psionic connections.

Forget about the Phoenicians, I'd like to thank science so that we can, uh... fly!

I’ve ridden many times. And have noticed this seemingly unrehearsed and “live” aspect of his speech. It’s a great feature of the pre-show speech. As a theater professional, I immediately noted the purpose of, uh, the “uh” portion of the script. And as immediately fell in love with the creativity of the flexible script.

I operate an attraction featuring animatronics driven by AI. The script is dynamic... you never hear nor see the animatronics perform the same in different visits. The “uh” dodge is incredible and I’m glad to see Disney use it.

SuperStretccch

What happen to everyone saying “ Once Star Wars: Galaxy Edge opens up, Flight Of Passage will be a walk on “

I would never expect that, personally... mainly because capacity at AK is still pretty poor for the attendance it's getting. that, and the newest "headliner" of the parks is still locked in a convoluted system that not everyone is going to be aware of or want to deal with.

Personally, i don't think FoP's popularity is going to taper off anytime soon; it's still fairly new and highly acclaimed, so of course it's still drawing huge lines 3 years on. This is also the same place where a kiddie coaster that opened 6 years ago still has consistent 2-3 hour waits on peak days, so.......

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
What happen to everyone saying “ Once Star Wars: Galaxy Edge opens up, Flight Of Passage will be a walk on “

Nothing is ever a walk-on during a holiday weekend or other peak times.

Also, neither MFSR nor RotR are on the FP system at the moment. Those making the claim that FoP will be easier to get a FP depended on those rides being on FP. Right now, people can hold onto their FP for FoP and still join a BG in another park.

MFSR will soon be FP. And MMRR is opening soon with FP. Then you will see your opportunity for FPing FoP.

Try FPing FEA. You can do that now when at one time it was as difficult to get as FoP.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Nothing is ever a walk-on during a holiday weekend or other peak times.

Also, neither MFSR nor RotR are on the FP system at the moment. Those making the claim that FoP will be easier to get a FP depended on those rides being on FP. Right now, people can hold onto their FP for FoP and still join a BG in another park.

MFSR will soon be FP. And MMRR is opening soon with FP. Then you will see your opportunity for FPing FoP.

Try FPing FEA. You can do that now when at one time it was as difficulty to get at FoP.
Hopefully they get there act together with Rise and add it to FP along with Ratatouille this year 😀

Hi, Im new here and have a question. I am going to WDW in August and really want to ride Avatar. Is this doable for two 70 year olds that are in pretty good shape. Hubby has hip and knee replacements, 2 & 3 years old, and I am wondering if he would have trouble getting into this ride.
Thanks

I just watch the youtube video of the ride and it seems fine.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Hi, Im new here and have a question. I am going to WDW in August and really want to ride Avatar. Is this doable for two 70 year olds that are in pretty good shape. Hubby has hip and knee replacements, 2 & 3 years old, and I am wondering if he would have trouble getting into this ride.
Thanks

What would be the most thrilly ride you can think of that they can do?

Djsfantasi

Thanks

Hi! I am 66 years old and and have a hip replacement. Flight of Pasage (the Avatar ride) is my favorite! I visit WDW twice a year and ride FoP a couple of times each visit. Last time, I went to AK on a Disney After Dark ticket and rode FoP three times in an hour.

Tell your hubby if he can get into bed or a leather recliner, he can ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom