Filming for Saturday Night Takeaway - MK Flagpole MIA

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
it wouldn't surprise me much of it didn't actually cost ITV/Saturday Takeaway that much..
Surprisingly for this a lot of the crew are being sent from the UK as opposed to it being local. A cameraman who's covering it is a professional friend of mine.

biggy H

Surprisingly for this a lot of the crew are being sent from the UK as opposed to it being local. A cameraman who's covering it is a professional friend of mine.

Did wonder if they would use local crews or not but then again using the usual ITV crew from home probably makes the a bit easier as they know Ant and Decs style and it's a nice little bonus for a obviously hard working crew..

radiorae

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I didn't know they just pick up and move around trees, statues, and flagpoles for things like this. I mean, it makes total sense now that I'm thinking about it, but I guess my brain thought they were a little more permanently fixed than that--- it's really interesting to see the shuffle in action :)

DGracey

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I didn't know they just pick up and move around trees, statues, and flagpoles for things like this. I mean, it makes total sense now that I'm thinking about it, but I guess my brain thought they were a little more permanently fixed than that--- it's really interesting to see the shuffle in action :)

Well some argue they shouldn't be moving the stuff as often as they do (no tree can mature in that space then).

Interestingly (or not), Disneyland does not remove their large trees etc. when filming productions in their Town Square (and theirs is smaller, so you'd think they'd need the space).

TDO has a different culture when it comes to this stuff, unfortunately.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How do trees survive or can be allowed to 'mature' if they're over a utilidor? There would be a limit to their root system, no? Or do the utilidors have tree roots hanging from cracks in the ceiling?

flynnibus

Premium Member
The problem with that is they should really be letting the trees mature. Once you put in trees and let them establish a solid root system and grow, you're not going be able to keep taking them out. Instead we keep ending up with tiny trees that keep getting replaced.

While I don't like it, I get why they removed the trees from the hub. I don't get why they are so against having mature, shade providing trees in Town Square.

The size of the trees has to be maintained anyways. When they get too big, they'd be swapped out anyways.

Ag11gani

Was anyone else confused to why they had so many lights? It not light they need them when it is broad daylight. I not familiar with filming for shows and such.

Also, does anyone know if Mickey and Minnie ever make appearances in the costumes at the end, I'd love to meet them in that.

dave&di

I've not been back to wdw since 2013, used to go every 2 years, I watched parts of it but made me too sad! Going to DLP on Tuesday for a few days for the 1st time, not feeling so happy about it now!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Was anyone else confused to why they had so many lights? It not light they need them when it is broad daylight. I not familiar with filming for shows and such.

Also, does anyone know if Mickey and Minnie ever make appearances in the costumes at the end, I'd love to meet them in that.

The sun can create severe shadows on the face from the brow, hair, nose, and cheeks. Extra lighting gets rid of that. Also, you never know if it will suddenly get less light with a passing cloud. If that happens, the extra lighting keeps everything at the same brightness.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The sun can create severe shadows on the face from the brow, hair, nose, and cheeks. Extra lighting gets rid of that. Also, you never know if it will suddenly get less light with a passing cloud. If that happens, the extra lighting keeps everything at the same brightness.
It's why the Photopass photogs use the fill flash even on bright, sunny days.

AndyS2992

The Earffel Tower was demolished April 2016 yet made several short appearances in the show lol
Lol1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom