News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

markham

HIGHLY customized but premade ride systems can be totally fine. I just wish that they wouldn’t keep using the same ones. It’s one thing to ride a much cooler looking version of a ride you sort of remember riding somewhere at some point, it’s something else to have multiple versions to compare within the same vacation!

Imagine if they had all of that World Showplace space!…:cool:

772F1E45-8DB5-4FC6-ABED-19F5FA742A43.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

park def needs more c tickets.

I know a lot of people wont agree but id be chill with a carousel in the garden area honestly. Something classic, well designed and ornate. And maybe possibly not costing much compared to other projects.
I don't think many people would mind something like a carousel along the lines you describe going in somewhere. I think the criticism about this proposal is that it would have cost a fortune and the build up with the street facades and pre-shows were way too overblown for a simple teacup attraction.

WorldExplorer

I'm wondering about noise.

Whenever I think of Mad Tea Party, I immediately hear the loud bursting noise in my head.

Is that an inherent part of the mechanisms of tea cup rides, or just something they do to play into the theme? It seems like it would be worse indoors.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm wondering about noise.

Whenever I think of Mad Tea Party, I immediately hear the loud bursting noise in my head.

Is that an inherent part of the mechanisms of tea cup rides, or just something they do to play into the theme? It seems like it would be worse indoors.
If you're referring to that big "spaaaunch" noise the teacups make as they begin to come to a stop, that's not an inherent noise and the other Mad Tea Partys around the world do not make them.

In fact, I recall a time where even the WDW version did not make that noise. The first time I heard it I assumed something had gone quite wrong and that it would be fixed by my next visit. But years later, here we are . . .

J4546

Just wanted to check again how much space they have in the UK, and it's bigger than the show building+queue of Rat
You could also fit like 3 classic fantasyland rides, if they still knew how to properly utilize small spaces

View attachment 710156
its not that disney doesnt know how to build classic fantasyland style rides, its that laws wont let them. DIsney could never build the rides in fantasyland as they are today

James Alucobond

It's not difficult to discern the implication. @J4546 means that things like the fire code, standards for ADA compliance, etc. have evolved over time, and what was acceptable when the original Fantasyland rides were built may no longer be kosher for new builds. Older structures that met the standards of their time are often grandfathered in. That said, I have no idea if what was said is actually true and to what extent codes have changed, but the thrust of the argument is pretty simple.

James Alucobond

Universal Hollywood just built a super charming Secret Life of Pets dark ride that's a third of the footprint of Ratatouille.

I'm sure the health and safety codes have changed over the decades, but saying that's the reason Disney can't manage space well anymore is silly
I thought the question was whether or not they could cluster multiple small rides together in a similarly tight configuration, not whether they could generally construct a small ride. Though again, would be nice to know if the poster in question is speaking from a place of authority or supposition.

lazyboy97o

I thought the question was whether or not they could cluster multiple small rides together in a similarly tight configuration, not whether they could generally construct a small ride. Though again, would be nice to know if the poster in question is speaking from a place of authority or supposition.
It’s old, baseless supposition paraded about as fact because most people don’t know how to go about questioning it. Yes, regulations have changed that might not allow exact 1:1 duplication but to this day small dark rides are built in the US. A good example is the dark rides at LEGO[land] Discovery Centers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom