Secondary sidewalk entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios now closed for park entry

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Can someone circle this secret entrance on a map? I'm looking at Google Maps and still have no clue as to where this secret entrance is located :confused:

It's right where the parking trams enter the u turn to the parking lot

As I usually walked it was my favorite entrance to DHS as well

Last edited:

MissM

This is so stupid. They have it set up to be VERY unfriendly for pedestrians and if you eliminate the walkway/2nd entrance, you'll force people to cross parking lot and/or traffic instead! There's fencing and other limitations to where and how you can walk. I ALWAYS walk when I go to the Studios.

Red = current pathway. Logical and safely out of traffic.
Yellow & Orange = stupid, dangerous, having to walk through lots and traffic just to cut over to the official front entrance.

studios.jpg

Someone is going to get hurt by them removing this and forcing people into the line of traffic instead. :banghead:

zengoth

Someone is going to get hurt by them removing this and forcing people into the line of traffic instead. :banghead:

To be honest, if you don't do trams, like me - nearly all parking lots have their own peril. I've always assumed Disney discourages walkers.

The map of the DHS makes me wonder - what's up with that tony little lot in between trams and busses? Cast? DVC?

peter11435

This is so stupid. They have it set up to be VERY unfriendly for pedestrians and if you eliminate the walkway/2nd entrance, you'll force people to cross parking lot and/or traffic instead! There's fencing and other limitations to where and how you can walk. I ALWAYS walk when I go to the Studios.

Yellow & Orange = stupid, dangerous, having to walk through lots and traffic just to cut over to the official front entrance.

View attachment 190395

Your map is absurd. There's no reason for guests to walk along the yellow or orange line you have drawn. And the yellow route is physically impossible because of a wall. There is a perfectly adequate sidewalk for guests to use that will not require them to walk through lots or traffic.

jaxonp

Your map is absurd. There's no reason for guests to walk along the yellow or orange line you have drawn. And the yellow route is physically impossible because of a wall. There is a perfectly adequate sidewalk for guests to use that will not require them to walk through lots or traffic.

I thought the same thing.. there is a sidewalk you take.. it's quite simple..

RobbinsDad

Just when I thought I knew everything about WDW! Count me among those who had no idea this existed. Then again I've never parked at DHS so it makes sense.

Tori

View attachment 190395

Your map makes no sense. If you took the yellow line you'd have to hop a fence.

flynnibus

Premium Member

View attachment 190395

Or you just walk along the same path where the bus stops are right?

That's always the way we've gone... out to the entrance plaza

Dad 2 M & M

I thought the same thing.. there is a sidewalk you take.. it's quite simple..

Your map makes no sense. If you took the yellow line you'd have to hop a fence.

That's always the way we've gone... out to the entrance plaza
My crude blue line added below.....bummer we can't follow the red any longer....I believe we can still exit along the red and sorry if that has been mentioned already
studios blue.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
To be honest, if you don't do trams, like me - nearly all parking lots have their own peril. I've always assumed Disney discourages walkers.

The map of the DHS makes me wonder - what's up with that tony little lot in between trams and busses? Cast? DVC?

Taxis and Shuttle vans last time i was there

Disney-Trains

The "secret entrance" really wasn't worth it after the metal detectors because IF they were doing screenig for everyone with only a couple officers the line backed up quite a bit. Since the detectors started I've always used the main entrance anyways

MissM

You mean the area that's generally a chaotic mass of people complete with queue lines and barricades filling up the entire area? Sure. That's MUCH easier than completely bypassing the mass of people trying to arrive or leave vs the secondary entrance they're closing.:rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member
You mean the area that's generally a chaotic mass of people complete with queue lines and barricades filling up the entire area? Sure. That's MUCH easier than completely bypassing the mass of people trying to arrive or leave vs the secondary entrance they're closing.:rolleyes:

When I arrive at the park... there are never hordes of people waiting for buses.. because its park opening, not closing. There are no crowds to speak of in these areas.. except the mass of people walking the same place you are.. to the gates. The biggest issue is walking 'around' vs more direct IMO.

rushtest4echo

Let's all just hope this is a non-issue, along with all of the other (idiotic) parking issues at DHS in a few years time when there are new parking lots and everything has been re-routed.

TimeTrip

because I can walk there faster than the trams get me there.
As is the case with most of the parks.... at least if you're not arriving during the morning rush :)

I remember walking from the very back of the MK parking lot before the parking expansion. The tram had just left as I parked, and I still beat the tram afterwards. One time I did have a police officer ask me what I was up to when I emerged from the wooded section by the front lots when it was busy...

rushtest4echo

The trams are not as annoying lately, as they've stopped giving in to whatever compliance guy thought it was necessary to play to stupid spiel in its entirety (in both English and Spanish) after everyone was seated, the doors were shut, but before setting off. I'm guessing Jason Herrera was involved- I've seen his stink pervade the safety/compliance aspects of parks for over a decade now- amazing the clout he has given his history even at Disney. That added several minutes to each trip and thankfully (for now) has been stopped.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom