News Cosmic Ray's expansion project

RobotWolf

Sunny is perfect. Even though sometimes I'm the only one in their getting down to "Planetary Boogie" at 1:00 am, he kicks some serious posterior!

The show tape is nice. But the experience would be improved if the AA was updated to a point where he could be more animated in general using technology they've had in their pocket for years.

Kman101

The show tape is nice. But the experience would be improved if the AA was updated to a point where he could be more animated in general using technology they've had in their pocket for years.

The show itself is fine. But I also can't help but wish they'd plus the stage, maybe upgrade the animatronic, add something else. IDK. It looks so sad sometimes by himself on the black stage. It's sad how few people sit near him or even pay attention to him. I always make an effort to see him.

As much as I want a plussing, I also have to worry what they'd do. Sometimes they "fix" things that don't need fixing and we get a lackluster experience. If I trusted it would truly be a better experience ...

RobotWolf

... I also have to worry what they'd do. Sometimes they "fix" things that don't need fixing...

For one thing, no one's been around to protect the creative process from accounting since the late sixties. I say that with the belief that the current cast of imagineers is properly talented. (source: overseas projects) They just have a new master now, essentially.

Kman101

For one thing, no one's been around to protect the creative process from accounting since the late sixties. I say that with the belief that the current cast of imagineers is properly talented. (source: overseas projects) They just have a new master now, essentially.

They're talented and can do great work, not saying they can't. But some things, locally done, aren't as well done as when it's left in the hands of those in CA. So some things I don't always have faith in. I think the Flights of Wonder 'upgrade' was done "locally" and whoever writes these scripts needs to go ...

RobotWolf

They're talented and can do great work, not saying they can't. But some things, locally done, aren't as well done as when it's left in the hands of those in CA. So some things I don't always have faith in. I think the Flights of Wonder 'upgrade' was done "locally" and whoever writes these scripts needs to go ...

The Haunted Mansion queue plussing as well.

Hayley In Wonderland

I (selfishly, admittedly) like the interior. Reminds me of old tomorrowland. I like the colors and angles and such.

Plus the giant dirty picture on the bathroom door that gives me a chuckle each time. :bored:
I visited Cosmic Rays for the first time last trip, walked into the bathroom and had to double take. I literally could not believe there was that on the door and no one has thought to correct it? I mean, it's SO obvious? Surely whoever designed that door had a good laugh whilst doing it? It did make me laugh out loud, though.

BoarderPhreak

I visited Cosmic Rays for the first time last trip, walked into the bathroom and had to double take. I literally could not believe there was that on the door and no one has thought to correct it? I mean, it's SO obvious? Surely whoever designed that door had a good laugh whilst doing it? It did make me laugh out loud, though.
They did change it looks like.

Unplugged

Does Tortuga sell more than hot dogs and turkey legs?
You'd think they'd call the "Pirate Legs", which helps explain why so many pirates have wooden pegs. OK, ok, too much. Perhaps "Salty Dog Legs", no people would still raise a fuss.

I wish they did something cool there, being across from PotC and all. A Ceviche would rock during the hot months. That Mexican food was good. They could even get away with a great Cuban Pulled Pork Sandwich.

Ah man can dream, right? A man a dream. :-(

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The show itself is fine. But I also can't help but wish they'd plus the stage, maybe upgrade the animatronic, add something else. IDK. It looks so sad sometimes by himself on the black stage. It's sad how few people sit near him or even pay attention to him. I always make an effort to see him.

As much as I want a plussing, I also have to worry what they'd do. Sometimes they "fix" things that don't need fixing and we get a lackluster experience. If I trusted it would truly be a better experience ...

For example, they'd probably pick up on the current craze and have Sunny do an Interstellar rap whilst two performers break danced.

I was taken aback by the salt and pepper shakers marking the men's room as well. How weird. :lookaroun

You'd think they'd call the "Pirate Legs", which helps explain why so many pirates have wooden pegs. OK, ok, too much. Perhaps "Salty Dog Legs", no people would still raise a fuss.

I wish they did something cool there, being across from PotC and all. A Ceviche would rock during the hot months. That Mexican food was good. They could even get away with a great Cuban Pulled Pork Sandwich.

Ah man can dream, right? A man a dream. :-(

I grew up in Tampa and never even thought about the lack of a good Cuban sandwich in the themed recreational park areas of WDW. Best thought of the decade.

Communicore

They really don't have a good Philly Cheese-steak either.
Man, when we debuted the cheesesteak at Cosmic’s it was a banner day. Our manager even bragged that we can now take on Miami Subs lol...I mean with the toppings bar that cheesesteak can be stuffed! I worked the toppings bar for a shift and the mushrooms and infamous cheese sauce ran out quite often!

Communicore

I thought you were gonna refer to the bathroom eaters lol lol

EricsBiscuit

From last night. There was a hole in the wall. You also get a great view from the PM as you exit the tunnel with EPCOT. Unfortunately, my genius self didn't think of seeing it so I didn't get a pic from the PM.
IMG_5686.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom