News Cosmic Ray's expansion project

Sonconato

Restroom renovation and expansion as well as seating expansion work. It will be a phased remodel and will remain open the entire time.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/01/cosmic-rays-starlight-cafe-expanding-at.html
I saw the boards up last Saturday and wondered why. Even though the expansion is really needed for the restaurant, I will miss the Vietnamese sour orange tree they took away for the space. I liked the nice-smelling blossoms it would produce (around this time of year, in fact). Remember this plaque?
sourorangesign.jpg

rob0519

I saw the boards up last Saturday and wondered why. Even though the expansion is really needed for the restaurant, I will miss the Vietnamese sour orange tree they took away for the space. I liked the nice-smelling blossoms it would produce (around this time of year, in fact). Remember this plaque?
sourorangesign.jpg
Yep, just take away more trees for more concrete. The restaurant needs to be made bigger, but they couldn't figure out a way around one tree?

L.C. Clench

There's no reason they couldn't open it for lunch and dinner until 1 hour before Wishes.
Outside of that requiring staffing for the location I would agree in part. I'm not sure an hour is enough time to run people out and prepare for the party but they could run it 11:30 - 5:00 which would help pull the lunch rush and still allow for them to prep for the party. The real problem with using this area is that it would require additional staffing and with adding tables once the construction costs are done (and I'm sure they will be minimal) it's just creating room for more people to sit. They won't be able to serve anymore or any faster but at least you can sit down.

DisneyDebRob

How about while they are at it, improve the food a little? Don't get me wrong, some things are ok but with all the restaurants in DW now upping their game, especially at DS , I would like to see it here also.
Forget what I just said. It's in a theme park, people are going to go to it anyway. Never mind.Somtime I need to think before typing.

Rodan75

Maybe this is an indication that they are finally going to do something with Tomorrowland Terrace that would remove it from play during busy times? Wasn't their a drive to close it in and make it a Table Service?

Figments Friend

Hoping Sonny stays.
I think it will be a sad loss if this fun side show was removed.

Part of the fun of going to a place like Walt Disney World is 'discovering' things for yourself.
Those hidden details or other miscellaneous items Guests stumble across on their own while visiting make for an even more 'magical' experience.
Things that are not readily known about or heavily marketed...but are there to be enjoyed by those who come across them.
Too much of that has been taken away over the last few years ......in my opinion.

I hope Sonny somehow manages to stay.
Fingers crossed...but i have the sinking feeling he is scheduled for the next rocket ship outta the Galaxy.....

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom