Ferry dock remodel

21stamps

They could build what is needed? What are the chances of TDO springing for that. Seems tents are their thing.
That's my fear.
Either way, it's still going to be weird to have a metal detector and security just standing around on or before the docks all day.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Magic Feather

I can maybe put in a sketch later, but, the plan should be for the entrance and exit aides to swap, and lead people to the structure at the end of the dock, where they would be screened. (If you haven't noticed, Disney wants to reuse as much preexisting infrastructure as possible) Also, (might have been brought up) there is no room on the MK docks for screening. You could barely fit a metal detector, let alone a bag check. It is the equivalent of one switchback in a queue. Look, I get that it will be less than convenient, but at some point, there needs to be enhanced safety measures at hand due to the times we are in a place that was far from designed for it.

21stamps

I can maybe put in a sketch later, but, the plan should be for the entrance and exit aides to swap, and lead people to the structure at the end of the dock, where they would be screened. (If you haven't noticed, Disney wants to reuse as much preexisting infrastructure as possible) Also, (might have been brought up) there is no room on the MK docks for screening. You could barely fit a metal detector, let alone a bag check. It is the equivalent of one switchback in a queue. Look, I get that it will be less than convenient, but at some point, there needs to be enhanced safety measures at hand due to the times we are in a place that was far from designed for it.

So the docks themselves will require security to enter. That seems like a lot of man power and pay for docks that often times have 0-2-4 people on them at once..Instead of just modifying the MK dock to then have only one set of security for 2 small resorts.
I just took this from google. Why couldn't they set a station up just before the entrance?
IMG_2331.JPG

How much space do we need for people exiting this size watercraft? The MK dock has space, and could be modified, couldn't it?
IMG_2332.JPG

Yes, I know there are larger boats as well. Park opening and closing for the most part..but the one above is definitely the most common. And the larger ones would still be fine to fit people for security on the MK dock.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why couldn't they set a station up just before the entrance?
Because, as you've been told already, it's a) considered too small and b) considered too close to the MK.

The boats themselves are also required to be clear of threats.

Now please give it a rest. You don't like it. We get that. But it's happening. Please stop the constant moaning about it. Once was enough.

21stamps

Because, as you've been told already, it's a) considered too small and b) considered too close to the MK.

Now please give it a rest. You don't like it. We get that. But please stop the constant moaning about it. Once was enough.
Whew. Thanks for speaking to me like I'm a 5 year old. :)
How dare I question the logistical sense of a rumored decision of rarely crowded boat docks. Got it. Must nod in agreement at all times. Free thinking is not allowed here.

The congestion and "target" of the security line of the buses will be much less people than on these small boats...so, no worry about the oddness in that comperative scenario.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whew. Thanks for speaking to me like I'm a 5 year old. :)
How dare I question the logistical sense of a rumored decision of rarely crowded boat docks. Got it. Must nod in agreement at all times. Free thinking is not allowed here.
Now who's being childish? Your questions have already been answered. Several times.

You're now clogging up the thread with your personal complaints. Which is against forum policy lest I need to remind you. You took a sabaitical off the boards already. I don't think you'd want another.

21stamps

Now who's being childish? Your questions have already been answered. Several times.

You're now clogging up the thread with your personal complaints. Which is against forum policy lest I need to remind you. You took a sabaitical off the boards already. I don't think you'd want another.
They were questions. As in a discussion. Some of us do think for ourselves and try to understand why a decision is made. Moreso than just accepting "well this is how it will be, because I said so. don't question it"
Have fun with your thread. I'll stick to the trip reports where people actually have conversation without the snark.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They were questions. As in a discussion. Some of us do think for ourselves and try to understand why a decision is made. Moreso than just accepting "well this is how it will be, because I said so. don't question it"
Have fun with your thread. I'll stick to the trip reports where people actually have conversation without the snark.
Okay. See ya.

I'll give you a shout when the dock plans are available.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Martin, looks like you're having quite a long conversation with yourself....

Maybe if I click, show ignored content?

Yep, the usual suspect.

21stamps

The best part about this is- there is literally an entire page of 2 people going back and forth with petty comments to each other. But, another person asks security questions, void of any attacks, snark, talking down to, and that person is "off topic".lol.
I apologize for this post. I just thought it was humorous.
Anyway, I'm out. Have fun.

Grimley1968

I did not notice this thread until this past weekend. We went to MK in December, and arrived via ferry from the TTC. Not realizing that this work had been done, I didn't even notice it, except that the security check took as long as ever because the entire property-wide security work has not been completed yet. It may be a temporary headache for guests, but I think in the long run that securing the different transportation modes is a necessity and will also greatly improve the guest experience once they've entered into the "secure zone" at the TTC and even at the MK resorts getting onto the monorail. Further separation of security/bag check and the park turnstiles will be a good thing for Disney and their guests, IMHO.

LukeS7

I honestly would see it as a benefit if I can go through security at my hotel (for the more expensive monorail resorts) and not have to deal with the lines for security when I get to a park, as well as then being able to go from my hotel to MK or Epcot (or MK to Epcot) and vice versa, without ever having to go through security again. I just went on a Disney/Universal trip in January and I absolutely loved how Universal only had the one checkpoint outside of CityWalk and then I could move freely between the two parks and even leave the parks for lunch in CityWalk and easily go back in.

Last edited:

mhochman

Sorry if this has already been stated in this thread, but is there a timeframe for the work? Should it all be in place by the summer?

mm121

Sorry if this has already been stated in this thread, but is there a timeframe for the work? Should it all be in place by the summer?
work is done

security tents are up and in place

only thing needed is install of whatever security equipment they plan to use and relocation of staff

possible install of additional fencing

should be done soon, people have been saying in time for spring break, though college spring break has already started and no movement yet.

probably waiting to open changes at MK and at TTC at the same time

mhochman

work is done

security tents are up and in place

only thing needed is install of whatever security equipment they plan to use and relocation of staff

possible install of additional fencing

should be done soon, people have been saying in time for spring break, though college spring break has already started and no movement yet.

probably waiting to open changes at MK and at TTC at the same time

That's great. We are staying at the Poly this summer. Will be nice to have the shorter wait times for security.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Has there been any work done at the resorts' monorail stations or boat docks? I would think that they would want to get security up and running at these locations at the same time as the TTC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom