New Early morning Studios upcharge event

Scoppin

I understand the adverse reaction to the early morning breakfast and the extra cost associated to it.

To be honest WDW is a place many will not be able to attend due to there financial position. There are many who have a challenge trying to make ends meet and this is for necessities. WDW is an expensive trip at its basics without the extras which people forget about. There are many other places people can attend, as stated previously in this tread, which are more economically for a family trip. But there is something about WDW.

The complaint has been stated how this affects those who don't purchase it and the lines waiting for them after they enter at rope drop. Are there not a number of other options which allow people to enter the parks prior to rope drop? Early breakfasts. Extra Magic Hours. These are not good options for everyone as they may not be early raisers. So, are these fair to those who like to sleep in? No, these are just extra options for the many different types of people who visit. Maybe an opinion to take is, if they spread the attendance amongst the different hours the less busy the parks will be.

Personally, I have to be careful financially. However, last year I did promise my two a trip to WDW in 2-3 years. In order to kept my promise I do need to cut back in certain areas in order to save up the money to do. Being a single parent does not help matters. Neither being a Canadian considering the exchange rate. Things have fallen into place to move up the trip to this September, but this information has not been shared. I can't afford the trip I would like to offer my two deserve, but I am going to make the most of it that I can as I am also certain this will be our only trip to WDW. My two are huge Star Wars fans and have been talking about taking on Darth Vader. My son will also be celebrating his 11th birthday while we are there. I have scheduled to visit DHS on his birthday and even reserved an early, but still close to rope drop, breakfast. Did this in order to get into the part before rope drop as I have heard you need to move fast in order to sign up for the Jedi training at rope drop and even then I have heard you may not get a spot.

So yes, I did purchase the early morning breakfast for the three of us. And yes, I did debate the extra cost. Swaying points; included breakfast with a 2 hour window. I am sure breakfast alone is about half the ticketed price considering Disney pricing. It allows us to get some for sure items out of the way before rope drop and then they concentrate on the Star Wars attractions and others. But mainly, it ensures my son will have his battle with Darth Vader on his birthday.

Somethings do have a price, but somethings are just priceless.

21stamps

I understand the adverse reaction to the early morning breakfast and the extra cost associated to it.

To be honest WDW is a place many will not be able to attend due to there financial position. There are many who have a challenge trying to make ends meet and this is for necessities. WDW is an expensive trip at its basics without the extras which people forget about. There are many other places people can attend, as stated previously in this tread, which are more economically for a family trip. But there is something about WDW.

The complaint has been stated how this affects those who don't purchase it and the lines waiting for them after they enter at rope drop. Are there not a number of other options which allow people to enter the parks prior to rope drop? Early breakfasts. Extra Magic Hours. These are not good options for everyone as they may not be early raisers. So, are these fair to those who like to sleep in? No, these are just extra options for the many different types of people who visit. Maybe an opinion to take is, if they spread the attendance amongst the different hours the less busy the parks will be.

Personally, I have to be careful financially. However, last year I did promise my two a trip to WDW in 2-3 years. In order to kept my promise I do need to cut back in certain areas in order to save up the money to do. Being a single parent does not help matters. Neither being a Canadian considering the exchange rate. Things have fallen into place to move up the trip to this September, but this information has not been shared. I can't afford the trip I would like to offer my two deserve, but I am going to make the most of it that I can as I am also certain this will be our only trip to WDW. My two are huge Star Wars fans and have been talking about taking on Darth Vader. My son will also be celebrating his 11th birthday while we are there. I have scheduled to visit DHS on his birthday and even reserved an early, but still close to rope drop, breakfast. Did this in order to get into the part before rope drop as I have heard you need to move fast in order to sign up for the Jedi training at rope drop and even then I have heard you may not get a spot.

So yes, I did purchase the early morning breakfast for the three of us. And yes, I did debate the extra cost. Swaying points; included breakfast with a 2 hour window. I am sure breakfast alone is about half the ticketed price considering Disney pricing. It allows us to get some for sure items out of the way before rope drop and then they concentrate on the Star Wars attractions and others. But mainly, it ensures my son will have his battle with Darth Vader on his birthday.

Have a fabulous trip!! Happy Birthday to your son!!

asianway

Original Poster

They should just charge to participate in JTA would probably be cheaper for someone like you

21stamps

No, Launch Bay would be the boy equivalent of meeting the princesses
Ok, pre launch bay. But now that it is open- there's still 2 character compared to how many princess? I think it's good for boys to have something they can relate with. Girls can relate too, but I think more girls are into Star Wars than boys are into princesses lol

Scoppin

Have a fabulous trip!! Happy Birthday to your son!!

Thank you. This is my first trip in about 40 years, so a lot has changed. This is their first trip. We are still talking as if we are going next year, so should be a big surprise for them. Also decided to drive down in order to save some money, and this will help with keeping it a surprise for longer. Have also booked a side trip to Busch Gardens Tampa as heard they offer a safari and opportunity to feed the giraffes. My daughter, 8, loves giraffes. As mentioned above, this is a once in a lifetime trip for us so trying to make it the most memorable trip possible. Should also be able to use this to deflect the true reason for the trip.

I have been doing a lot of prepping for the trip. Trying to make the best plan, but to still be open to changes when we are there, as want to take in as much as we can.

I am sure he will have a fabulous birthday. I am sure he will enjoy not having to be in school for about 2 weeks as well.

docdebbi

We had our boys do Jedi Training in April, similar crowd levels to what you can expect in September.

A few pointers

First- they were letting everyone go down Hollywood Blvd all the way to where you go to sign up before scheduled opening. We got through the gates at around 8:40 on a 9:00 o'clock opening day. And we were far from the first folks in line. We were able to walk all the way to the sign up spot before the park opened.
Second- Go down Hollywood Blvd and make the first left, there will be a cast member there with a HUGE (Donald Trump style- HUGE) sign, pointing the way. Walk straight,once you turn and you will see the crowds, with other CMs pointing the way.

Third- get in line and don't panic. We didn't know they would let us down early so didn't get there early, and the line looked horrible! We were through it in under 30 minutes and got the show time of our choice.

Fourth- you said your ADR was close to opening, are you planning to eat and be done by 8:40? or sign up first and then arrive a little late for your ADR? This ADR may actually be a hindrance to your plan. And your son does need to be present to sign up.

Fifth- take a deep breath and relax. What I learned from our experience was that since they have added multiple shows per day, far more than there use to be, it is not as hard to get a reservation anymore. You should get in by just getting there a little early. I'm not saying don't rush/run down the street, I'm saying don't worry from now until then

Sixth, just a hint from us, we chose the 7:10 PM show because we could still have a full uninterrupted day on the rides without worrying about losing a FP (since you don't know what show you will actually get and if it will interfere) but were still done the show just in time to run over to Fantasmic and get seats without the theater being full. Actually, we made a 5:30 PM Fantasmic package dinner and knew that we would have a seat available even getting there a little late- you might think about switching your ADRs.

Enjoy, it was a great experience and you and your son will love it. And you should be able to get in.

Scoppin

We had our boys do Jedi Training in April, similar crowd levels to what you can expect in September.

A few pointers

First- they were letting everyone go down Hollywood Blvd all the way to where you go to sign up before scheduled opening. We got through the gates at around 8:40 on a 9:00 o'clock opening day. And we were far from the first folks in line. We were able to walk all the way to the sign up spot before the park opened.
Second- Go down Hollywood Blvd and make the first left, there will be a cast member there with a HUGE (Donald Trump style- HUGE) sign, pointing the way. Walk straight,once you turn and you will see the crowds, with other CMs pointing the way.

Third- get in line and don't panic. We didn't know they would let us down early so didn't get there early, and the line looked horrible! We were through it in under 30 minutes and got the show time of our choice.

Fourth- you said your ADR was close to opening, are you planning to eat and be done by 8:40? or sign up first and then arrive a little late for your ADR? This ADR may actually be a hindrance to your plan. And your son does need to be present to sign up.

Fifth- take a deep breath and relax. What I learned from our experience was that since they have added multiple shows per day, far more than there use to be, it is not as hard to get a reservation anymore. You should get in by just getting there a little early. I'm not saying don't rush/run down the street, I'm saying don't worry from now until then

Sixth, just a hint from us, we chose the 7:10 PM show because we could still have a full uninterrupted day on the rides without worrying about losing a FP (since you don't know what show you will actually get and if it will interfere) but were still done the show just in time to run over to Fantasmic and get seats without the theater being full. Actually, we made a 5:30 PM Fantasmic package dinner and knew that we would have a seat available even getting there a little late- you might think about switching your ADRs.

Enjoy, it was a great experience and you and your son will love it. And you should be able to get in.

Thank you for all of the above. I will take all of it into consideration. I like to hear from those who have the experience. I am not too worried about getting him and his sister into the Jedi training, after hearing the extra news. I was thinking of trying to get one of the first Jedi times in order to get on with our day. Then we won't have to worry about coming back for our selected time slot.

We do have a Fantasmic dinner package but not sure if I want to keep it. This is the information I have recently found from the WDW website regarding DHS on September 21st. DHS is open until 7:30. Fantasmic! is scheduled for 8:00. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular is scheduled for 8:15. I understand they do at time change the park times, even up to the week before or even sooner. I also understand both nighttime shows are great. However we will not be able to do both, unless they change the times. Considering this is a 'Star Wars' day, we will probably lean towards attending the Star Wars event.

The Empress Lilly

Ok, pre launch bay. But now that it is open- there's still 2 character compared to how many princess? I think it's good for boys to have something they can relate with. Girls can relate too, but I think more girls are into Star Wars than boys are into princesses lol
Yes, but boys were into 'princess' movies too until they started calling them that.

The Princess line is considered one of the greatest modern marketing feats of TWDC. But it is also true that Disney penetrated a market it already had (young girls), at the expense of alienating another market they once had (boys). Which they have been trying to repair with largely lacklustre attempts (Cars, Toy Story, renaming Rapunzel and Ice Queen into non-feminine titles) until they finally succeeded with Star Wars.

wvdisneyfamily

Well said. This may not be something I'd pay for at this point, but I'm not ruling it out with a young Star Wars fan at my house.

21stamps

Yes, but boys were into 'princess' movies too until they started calling them that.

The Princess line is considered one of the greatest modern marketing feats of TWDC. But it is also true that Disney penetrated a market it already had (young girls), at the expense of alienating another market they once had (boys). Which they have been trying to repair with largely lacklustre attempts (Cars, Toy Story, renaming Rapunzel and Ice Queen into non-feminine titles) until they finally succeeded with Star Wars.
I agree. But if you give my child the choice between Star Wars and any other Disney movie or character meet- he will choose SW every time. So although some families may say that Hollywood Studios is a "construction site" or not worth visiting, or a few hour park at best, that's fine. However, Disney knows that there are also a lot of families like mine, one's with Star Wars obsessed little boys and HS can't be missed. Not only that, but we would probably pay to have early access to the park- so, now it's an option.

slappy magoo

The dessert parties are comparably priced, and for those you get premium viewing, a half meal, and some alcohol. Think of this as a breakfast party. For it, you get early entry, premium ride time, and a full meal. One is at night, one is in the morning. They're basically the same thing, people--no outrage necessary.

Think of it this way...the more people with free flowing money who buy into these things, the more money Disney gets, which makes them more likely to build the things you are actually interested in.

true but they have proven that the money doesn't really come back to the park in that way... they only tend to build things when they absolutely HAVE to... DHS was getting a reputation as the 5 ride park... It is absolutely laughable to consider it a full day Disney theme park... Making an upcharge event for this particular park is the most ridiculous money grab I have seen them do yet! Especially with only two attractions open...This is where they start pushing beyond the boundaries, and hopefully the public will push back by not buying it...We need to demand better quality for the money they are charging...

HERE'S a theory for you - maybe DHS is putting this early morning hour offer out there because some bean counter feels like they HAVE to.

I'm sure this is obvious, but think of WDW like a department store. The store is The Store (and probably part of a larger chain of stores), but is comprised of smaller departments, each with their own management and assistant managers and staff. Some stores might have floating employees who go where needed, but some employees might just be menswear or appliances, it's their specialty and they solely work in that department...Some old-style department stores might even have lunch counters or other ancillary income.
But that also means the department might have its own budget and projected targets of sales and profits it's expected to make or suffer consequences, a change in management, perhaps the department will just disappear (example - I remember when you could buy music at Sears, and they stopped doing that decades before most department stores gave up music to itunes/online).

Now everyone here is saying it, DHS is a half-day park at best. So, maybe if no one is spending time in the park, that means they're not spending EXTRA time in the parks, which means they're not spending EXTRA money in the parks. Shops and counter service eateries might be hurting. That needs to be addressed long-term, but in the short-term, whoever's running DHS needs to bring in extra money. "We're rebuilding the parks" isn't an excuse stock holders is going to give a crap about. Management's job, more than making customers happy, is make customers poorer, give them a reason to spend more money.

So...early morning hours. Short-term stop-gap solution to a long-term problem

21stamps

Does anyone know (more accurately-heard credible rumors) if these events will be extended through Fall and Winter?
I can't imagine the Galactic Spectacular leaving..and would assume if there is a show there will a a Desert Party. Also with the shorter winter hours the Early Morning Magic would be great!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Does anyone know (more accurately-heard credible rumors) if these events will be extended through Fall and Winter?
I can't imagine the Galactic Spectacular leaving..and would assume if there is a show there will a a Desert Party. Also with the shorter winter hours the Early Morning Magic would be great!
I thought they were cancelling them due to the ZIKA virus .

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ha. Yes, attendance is so down and the fully booked hotels are only an illusion because Disney is holding back inventory and choosing to loose money that they could gain... Plus Zika is coming!!! It only makes sense to cancel everything.
Just thought i would get it in first ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom