New Early morning Studios upcharge event

Bocabear

The dessert parties are comparably priced, and for those you get premium viewing, a half meal, and some alcohol. Think of this as a breakfast party. For it, you get early entry, premium ride time, and a full meal. One is at night, one is in the morning. They're basically the same thing, people--no outrage necessary.

Think of it this way...the more people with free flowing money who buy into these things, the more money Disney gets, which makes them more likely to build the things you are actually interested in.
true but they have proven that the money doesn't really come back to the park in that way... they only tend to build things when they absolutely HAVE to... DHS was getting a reputation as the 5 ride park... It is absolutely laughable to consider it a full day Disney theme park... Making an upcharge event for this particular park is the most ridiculous money grab I have seen them do yet! Especially with only two attractions open...This is where they start pushing beyond the boundaries, and hopefully the public will push back by not buying it...We need to demand better quality for the money they are charging...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We need to demand better quality for the money they are charging...

Not sure if this happens with Disney fans. We shall see. I have come around to the belief that they could install a bucket of diarrhea 12 feet in the air in the middle of Liberty Square with a pull cord and charge 25 bucks for the right to pull the cord for a full dousing and quite a few people would argue that the covered, authentic, colonial experience was under priced. Another group would argue that having the bucket twelve feet high was a delightfully thoughtful move on the part of Disney since it is "high enough" that you generally can't smell the authentic contents. Of course, this would lead to the consumption/dysentery experience in Frontierland.

jakeman

Not sure if this happens with Disney fans. We shall see. I have come around to the belief that they could install a bucket of diarrhea 12 feet in the air in the middle of Liberty Square with a pull cord and charge 25 bucks for the right to pull the cord for a full dousing and quite a few people would argue that the **** covered, authentic, colonial experience was under priced. Another group would argue that having the bucket twelve feet high was a delightfully thoughtful move on the part of Disney since it is "high enough" that you generally can't smell the authentic contents. Of course, this would lead to the consumption/dysentery experience in Frontierland.
Dysentery.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Get there early to experience half of the 8 attractions open at the park!! Lord knows you wouldn't have time to experience so many attractions in a normal day.

flyerjab

A noon time break is usually for the best anyway. I can't wait until the TSMM becomes the centerpiece of Midday Madness where everyone who has plunked down $79 for the 10:30-2PM time slot can ride rides and enjoy an all you can eat cold cut buffet at Sci-Fi while the commoners are told to return their 79F rooms (below 80 is deemed acceptable for WDW AC as of 10/15/2016) to relax and chill before the 2:01-5:59, general public window is open.

A noon time break is definitely necessary, especially during the Eat to the Beat Concert dates. However, I refuse to plunk down $79 for Midday Madness if I am expected to pay the rumored $79.99 ($75.99 for children) for the ability to Wang Chung at night in the American Pavilion on September 15th.

Biff215

The dessert parties are comparably priced, and for those you get premium viewing, a half meal, and some alcohol. Think of this as a breakfast party. For it, you get early entry, premium ride time, and a full meal. One is at night, one is in the morning. They're basically the same thing, people--no outrage necessary.

Think of it this way...the more people with free flowing money who buy into these things, the more money Disney gets, which makes them more likely to build the things you are actually interested in.
I still wouldn't be a fan even if that were the case. I believe these offerings and the pricing are doing long term damage to WDW and the Disney brand. When they want a new source of revenue they will have to look for another one. Soon they will run out of ideas that don't affect the normal park day, and then we will all feel the effects. I fear FP and EMH will eventually be monitized in some way.

So this is why the outrage is justified in my opinion, but only time will tell if there is ever an end to all this.

jenluvswdw

To be fair, I arrived at MK in May at 8:50 (9 am open) on a day with one of these events and Mine Train had a 70-min wait--longer than any other mornings at 9. It's easy enough for me to just avoid those mornings, but it did impact us. Maybe it was just a bad morning though--didn't care to test the hypothesis again haha
This is what I am worried about, It messing with touring plans of us poorer people with large families.

21stamps

More likely...

The more people buy into this garbage, the more of this garbage we will see.
I just don't understand why people get upset about something that doesn't impact them.
This is what I am worried about, It messing with touring plans of us poorer people with large families.
It doesn't. The park still opens at the same time. It will probably help the crowds, at rope drop just head to one of the attractions that has already been open for an hour- I doubt the line will be terrible. It's not like 7DMT where you have everyone rushing at rope drop and filling up PPOs to get a spot in line.

Any word on JTA logistics yet? If they include a guarantee choice of time/character with this is would be golden. I don't see that happening..but wishful thinking....

BrianV

I just don't understand why people get upset about something that doesn't impact them.

It doesn't. The park still opens at the same time. It will probably help the crowds, at rope drop just head to one of the attractions that has already been open for an hour- I doubt the line will be terrible. It's not like 7DMT where you have everyone rushing at rope drop and filling up PPOs to get a spot in line.

Any word on JTA logistics yet? If they include a guarantee choice of time/character with this is would be golden. I don't see that happening..but wishful thinking....

If it impacts crowds it does impact everyone. I've not been to MK on a morning party day. How have rope-drop crowds been affected there?

21stamps

If it impacts crowds it does impact everyone. I've not been to MK on a morning party day. How have rope-drop crowds been affected there?
So then do you think all breakfasts before park opening should be cancelled? Not being snarky, honest question. Because basically they are paying to get in line first and ride 7DMT before the rope droppers hit. I'd rather spend a few more dollars and actually have a full hour in the park first.- for HS. The MK one doesn't interest me. MK after hours did. But that's all a matter of opinion.

BrianV

So then do you think all breakfasts before park opening should be cancelled? Not being snarky, honest question. Because basically they are paying to get in line first and ride 7DMT before the rope droppers hit. I'd rather spend a few more dollars and actually have a full hour in the park first.- for HS. The MK one doesn't interest me. MK after hours did. But that's all a matter of opinion.
You asked why people get upset at something that doesn't impact them. I simply stated that it might actually impact them. Not trying to make a comparison to anything else or trying to make any sort of equivalency between this and a breakfast meal.

21stamps

You asked why people get upset at something that doesn't impact them. I simply stated that it might actually impact them. Not trying to make a comparison to anything else or trying to make any sort of equivalency between this and a breakfast meal.
I get it, I was just wondering if they also get upset about the ppo breakfast reservations.

Brad Bishop

I'm kind of curious how far you'd go with this. They're offering a $70/head Extra Morning Breakfast deal from 8-9AM. What if they offered an $150/head Extra Magical Early Bird deal from 6-8 which, of course would impact the $70/head Extra Morning Breakfast deal?

So maybe at $70/head you have a line at 7DMT from all of the more magical folks who've been there for 2 hours BUT you're still beating those who aren't in the park yet because they just paid for the day.

It's kind of the same thing. The more you pay the earlier you get to go and get on the rides.

If they offered this you wouldn't be forced to pay $150/head to get their 2 hours earlier so it wouldn't impact you.

21stamps

I'm kind of curious how far you'd go with this. They're offering a $70/head Extra Morning Breakfast deal from 8-9AM. What if they offered an $150/head Extra Magical Early Bird deal from 6-8 which, of course would impact the $70/head Extra Morning Breakfast deal?

So maybe at $70/head you have a line at 7DMT from all of the more magical folks who've been there for 2 hours BUT you're still beating those who aren't in the park yet because they just paid for the day.

It's kind of the same thing. The more you pay the earlier you get to go and get on the rides.

If they offered this you wouldn't be forced to pay $150/head to get their 2 hours earlier so it wouldn't impact you.
No. I wouldn't pay $150 for pre opening + a ticket. I would pay $150 for the after hours and no regular ticket required. I won't pay for the MK early mornings, but understand why people would.
I don't have personal experience to base this on, I can only say what I would do- for me the attractiveness of an early morning would be to beat crowds, more efficient use of time, freeing up the day for other stuff. If I have an hour to ride 7DMT or Star Tours then I don't need to get back in line for it once everyone else has also entered the park. I also would only do this on a morning where I was already planning on doing rope drop.

I'm assuming (yes I know that's risky) that a lot of other people would have similar reasons and game plans- therefore not really making the crowds worse- but better by dispersing them.

HS is a huge park for my Star Wars obsessed kid, so any way that I can make it more efficient is better- and maybe have time to hop to Epcot, when we wouldn't have had the time before. So for those reasons I hope it sticks around through the winter!.

Last edited:

21stamps

I also want to add- we have gold passes to an amusement park where we live. Every month certain rides open earlier than general admission for "gold pass" people. I know that's not Disney, but it's always on rides that typically have a 45-60+ minute non FP wait. I've never noticed the lines being longer if I arrive later than the "early entry". Probably bc those people are now off doing something else.

righttrack

I think it shows that they have a huge imbalance with some rides, especially Toy Story Mania and Peter Pan's Flight (which they ruined with fastpass but we won't go there :mad:) I think they've made it clear that their solution is to try to make even more money while giving customers the perceived benefit of actually getting to go on these rides. I imagine, as other speculated, that Frozen will be offered up much in the same manner.

Brad Bishop

I also want to add- we have gold passes to an amusement park where we live. Every month certain rides open earlier than general admission for "gold pass" people. I know that's not Disney, but it's always on rides that typically have a 45-60+ minute non FP wait. I've never noticed the lines being longer if I arrive later than the "early entry". Probably bc those people are now off doing something else.

I hadn't thought about it but Six Flags here does that (I've never been) but it is the same kind of thing.

I suppose I could argue that it seems "less dirty" because it's just an odd pass holder perk and not a $150/head event, but the point is taken.

As a side note: I don't get Six Flags prices. IMO they're way too low and have been that way, well, roughly the same price, for close to 20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom