Orlando shootings and the parks

ULPO46

Although there are current forms of security measure at all parks across central florida. I do think it is time to beef up security albeit airport style security. I've read some of the comments about waiting 25 mins. That is a lot les than the wait times at our nations busiest airports. I feel that TWDC should invest in making guest feel safer. Especially when the media outlets begin to state that the Parks could have been targets. Although doubt anyone is stupid enough to shoot up a theme park. They are just as soft targets as any club around the planet. Low security and mass seas of people. I believe that one of the two most vulnerable areas at WDW is the Grand transportation and ticket center. The other being Disney Springs. Again we must emphasize that though unlikely things like this could happen. We just need to be vigilant and protect ourselves the best way we can while being vigilant and following directions. May what ever you believe in bless and protect the souls who lost their lives in such a tragedy that hit my hometown hard.

disney4life2008

Last time me and the wife went at the end of March this year, it seemed we were both searched multiple times a day. It seemed that about 3/4 of our trips to the parks one of us got searched.

That said, I've been to DisneyWorld probably 20 times and have never seen a large enough presence of African-Americans, Africans, Haitans (anyone that appears "black") to begin to make a judgement of it they are disproportionately targeted... simply because their appears to be so few black families there.

I do not agree with that. In the last 3 years I have seen a significant increase of African descent people in the parks. I have been going to disney world since 1994 multiple times a year. Now back in the 90s, that would have been true.

Cesar R M

No because of my lack of earnings. I guess I was discriminated against because I don't make enough money.
But now that you mention it ....it could have been my size. I wouldn't know because the bank didn't come right out and say it.
So ....DARN IT....I bet they DID deny me a loan because of my size.

Sure, so what if they didn't admit it to me. I should have seen that underlying size discrimination from the beginning.
How dare they. Those Anti-Size banks.
Dont sell yourself short, keep trying. Life will size around it ;) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Disney.Mike

I do not agree with that. In the last 3 years I have seen a significant increase of African descent people in the parks. I have been going to disney world since 1994 multiple times a year. Now back in the 90s, that would have been true.

I guess I was targeted because because as a white man with a full beard, I am dark enough complected that i could pass for a light skinned middle easterner.
If you look for imaginary aggressions, you will find some

WDWLover#1

6 Months ago I felt Brexit didn't have a shot. Now, not so sure anymore. And I'm coming around to the thinking that it just may be justified and probably needs to happen. Not sure where in the UK you're at, but I just read that the new London Mayor (who happens to be the first Muslim London Mayor) has now "outlawed" advertisements of what he considers are "sexy women" on public transit. Starting to become a strange world we are living in.
No, it's because a couple of months ago there was adverts on the tube putting woman's bodies in a discimatory light - needless to say Internet was in uproar. So this is a plus.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
No because of my lack of earnings. I guess I was discriminated against because I don't make enough money.
But now that you mention it ....it could have been my size. I wouldn't know because the bank didn't come right out and say it.
So ....DARN IT....I bet they DID deny me a loan because of my size.

Sure, so what if they didn't admit it to me. I should have seen that underlying size discrimination from the beginning.
How dare they. Those Anti-Size banks.

I figured it was due to all those kids at Crystal Lake you took out over the years. Banks are known to shame hockey mask wearing psychopaths.

Siren

several esteemed publications would disagree with you. But they're probably biased.
Great. Now you are discussing something else entirely random, like tubes in women's bodies and magazine publications or something. Like, I totally give up. I'm done.

Anyway, Disney has just donated $1 Million Dollars to the One Orlando fund. Yay!!!

2:40 p.m.

Walt Disney Company is donating $1 million to a fund established by Orlando officials to help people affected by the nightclub shooting.

Disney officials also said they would match dollar-for-dollar individual contributions by the company's employees to the OneOrlando fund, established by Mayor Buddy Dyer following Sunday's shooting that killed 49 people and wounded 53 others.

Disney has about 74,000 employees in the Orlando area, which is home to its Walt Disney World resort.

Disney employees also have been encouraged to donate blood at five locations on the resort property. The company also is providing complimentary hotel accommodations to family and friends of victims.

The FBI's director has said the agency is trying to determine whether the Orlando nightclub shooter had recently scouted Walt Disney World and other locations as potential targets.

I am *totally* speechless and blown away by this. I was not expecting Disney to respond in this way. This is why Disney is number 1 and the best theme park resort in the world. Kudos, Disney.

Last edited:

bsiev1977

I was just looking at wait times on the MDE app, and it seems like it's business as usual there.

In addition, Disney stock is actually a tiny bit up today so far

Cesar R M

Fox News is reporting confirmation through law enforcement sources that the killer's wife definitely knew about his specific plans to carry out an attack.
Whats weird is the new report about a guy claiming to be the "gay partner" of the shooter and having relationships the years before.
But he got "angry" for being infected with HIV from one of them. (I dont think its true anyway, the report was in a tabloid online)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom