Tony's Town Square Restaurant introduces new Main Street Electrical Parade viewing package

Nmoody1

LOL.

Why are you even here then? No seriously.

Because I don't like the dumbed down food of the magic kingdom I can't come to a Walt Disney World forum? Actually, when you compare Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom to other Magic Kingdom parks around the world, it is pretty shabby. I enjoy Frontierland, Fantasyland is ok, although he recent expansion, whilst attractive, didn't add much in the way of excitement to the park. Tomorrowland is way outdated with a poor excuse for Space Mountain and I'd have taken Alien over Stitch any day.

I have long been a fan of the Electric Parade. When it came back for the first time I was pleased... when it returned again and has continued in a pretty shambolic state with regular breakdowns and nothing in the way of upgrades, it's just boring now. Technology has moved so far since the 1970's, for a company with a research arm (not to mention being an 'entertainment' company), it's poor show. I was a big fan of Spectromagic, and I'd be full of praise if enhancements like Tokyo has had were introduced. YouTube it. Paint the Night, again another great nighttime parade. Fantillusion was also great - I'd take the full Tokyo show over Paris' when they left bits out, but at least it was a parade created in the last 20 years!

Wishes is an ok show. But it's tired. The pyro they used when the show was first introduced was far superior to what they use today.

Huge areas of the Magic Kingdom have become stroller parks. It's not pleasing to the eye and it's annoying to navigate. It certainly takes away from the magic.

The parks new hub, whilst lovely, much like most open spaces at Walt Disney World lacks greenery in the form of trees. See the early 1990'sand remember it's a 'park'.

Tony's? I ate there for my birthday last year and it was terrible. The service wasn't good compared to other disnsy restaurants. The food was flavourless and overpriced. I'd sooner have gone to Olive Garden. It's not itallian food. It's not nice food. When you compare both table and quick service with the standard served on the west coast - it's leagues apart! I'd kill for a Carthay Circle style retardant in the Magic Kingdom.

But I am here because I have a passion for the way the parks used to be run. When a new film meant a new parade or show or meet and greet. When you used to be able to decide on Monday evening that you would visit the Magic Kingdom on tuesday and not have to worry that all the fastpasses were gone or that you can't get a table in a quick service restaurant.

Despite my views expressed in this one post, I have tonnes of good to say. I think there are some places on property that get guest service 200% right. There are attractions that are cared for and I love, there are shows that are maintained. Just because I expressed that I dislike a restaurant and a parade, doesn't mean I shouldn't be here to enjoy DISCUSSION (it was a discussion forum last time I checked) on a company I have a lot of passion for and still holds a special place in my heart. I'm no pixie duster, and there are times when I think the company should be held more accountable than some folks around here, but my opinion is my own and I am more than welcome to share it here.

Maybe in 20 years time you'll be sat here now remembering the good days when you didn't need to make ADR'S for a 3pm ice cream... you may just echo the same as me!

Buried20KLeague

I'd be ok with that. Just not the $55 burgers

One does not receive a Walt's on Main Street without also accepting $55 burgers.

This is the way of things.

Accept it, you shall.

135528011_yoda_446072c.jpg

willtravel

I am waiting for something like this to be done to the Crystal Palace or have they and I missed it??? I know they have character dining but there could be some type of change for this.

jakeman

Agree a simple and delicious pasta dish is not hard but it must be made FRESH, Not prepared in advance at a central kitchen and reheated.

Do you have a list of restaurants that use a central kitchen?

I only ask because I know some of the chefs and from my understanding everything is made in the restaurants. However, you seem to speak rather certainly that there is a central kitchen that produces a majority of the courses and then distributes them to the restaurants.
You going to answer my question? I am very curious as to the answer because it's in conflict on at least some level with my personal experience.

Donaldfan1934

Because I don't like the dumbed down food of the magic kingdom I can't come to a Walt Disney World forum? Actually, when you compare Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom to other Magic Kingdom parks around the world, it is pretty shabby. I enjoy Frontierland, Fantasyland is ok, although he recent expansion, whilst attractive, didn't add much in the way of excitement to the park. Tomorrowland is way outdated with a poor excuse for Space Mountain and I'd have taken Alien over Stitch any day.

I have long been a fan of the Electric Parade. When it came back for the first time I was pleased... when it returned again and has continued in a pretty shambolic state with regular breakdowns and nothing in the way of upgrades, it's just boring now. Technology has moved so far since the 1970's, for a company with a research arm (not to mention being an 'entertainment' company), it's poor show. I was a big fan of Spectromagic, and I'd be full of praise if enhancements like Tokyo has had were introduced. YouTube it. Paint the Night, again another great nighttime parade. Fantillusion was also great - I'd take the full Tokyo show over Paris' when they left bits out, but at least it was a parade created in the last 20 years!

Wishes is an ok show. But it's tired. The pyro they used when the show was first introduced was far superior to what they use today.

Huge areas of the Magic Kingdom have become stroller parks. It's not pleasing to the eye and it's annoying to navigate. It certainly takes away from the magic.

The parks new hub, whilst lovely, much like most open spaces at Walt Disney World lacks greenery in the form of trees. See the early 1990'sand remember it's a 'park'.

Tony's? I ate there for my birthday last year and it was terrible. The service wasn't good compared to other disnsy restaurants. The food was flavourless and overpriced. I'd sooner have gone to Olive Garden. It's not itallian food. It's not nice food. When you compare both table and quick service with the standard served on the west coast - it's leagues apart! I'd kill for a Carthay Circle style retardant in the Magic Kingdom.

But I am here because I have a passion for the way the parks used to be run. When a new film meant a new parade or show or meet and greet. When you used to be able to decide on Monday evening that you would visit the Magic Kingdom on tuesday and not have to worry that all the fastpasses were gone or that you can't get a table in a quick service restaurant.

Despite my views expressed in this one post, I have tonnes of good to say. I think there are some places on property that get guest service 200% right. There are attractions that are cared for and I love, there are shows that are maintained. Just because I expressed that I dislike a restaurant and a parade, doesn't mean I shouldn't be here to enjoy DISCUSSION (it was a discussion forum last time I checked) on a company I have a lot of passion for and still holds a special place in my heart. I'm no pixie duster, and there are times when I think the company should be held more accountable than some folks around here, but my opinion is my own and I am more than welcome to share it here.

Maybe in 20 years time you'll be sat here now remembering the good days when you didn't need to make ADR'S for a 3pm ice cream... you may just echo the same as me!
Most of us here have strong critical opinions on the parks including myself. I even agree with a lot of your points and your conclusion. But since that conclusion paints the WDW parks & resorts as a flawed and in some ways weakend product that's still in good shape overall, don't you think your initial statement of calling MK a "Semi-Awful park" comes of as somewhat contradictory to this.

mrsWarren14

This is kinda stupid. I mean I get the idea behind it but like some of you had said it would make more sense if the parade that you were getting a spot reserved for was a new parade.
But I do like Tony's and I have made reservations for lunch here before and watched the Festival of Fantasy's Parade, which in my opinion is the better parade. But hey this could mean that a new nighttime parade is coming! One could only wish, am I right?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Here is another thing that is becoming ridiculous. If you want to view some of the night shows in a good location you have to basically pay for your seat (pay more for the same food at a restaurant that would be cheaper without the seating package).

Fantasmic dining package area pretty much takes up the entire center now.

Now something like the candlelight processional I can understand somewhat due to the rarity of this event but these other things that are nightly....just another way to charge for something else we shouldn't have to pay for

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Disney, a business, is doing everything they can to grab every $$$$ they can. This is not surprising at all. If Disney could, they would charge you for the air you breathe while on their properties. Shameful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom