Tony's Town Square Restaurant introduces new Main Street Electrical Parade viewing package

gmajew

Premium Member
The problem with Tony's is that they made an Italian restaurant that dumb American consumers think is Italian because all they have ever had is Prego over pasta....

It bothers me that brands like Olive Garden, and others have dumb down what can be some of the best food on the planet for the average consumer...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The problem with Tony's is that they made an Italian restaurant that dumb American consumers think is Italian because all they have ever had is Prego over pasta....

That was Disney's choice. Don't blame "dumb American consumers" as you call them. Disney should still be able to make simple pasta dishes that taste delicious, but this restaurant doesn't do that. Most people would enjoy that.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Since Lady and the Tramp ate there.

Disagree with that one, It started going downhill about 2006 and it was about Olive Garden quality till about 2013 and it's fallen like a rock since then to the point where Chef Boyardee from a can is a better option most days. As the pasta is either over or undercooked, Ravioli frequently cold in center. The sauces are watery. They USED to have a decent steak now even that's gone.

#ThanksDisneyDiningPlan

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That was Disney's choice. Don't blame "dumb American consumers" as you call them. Disney should still be able to make simple pasta dishes that taste delicious, but this restaurant doesn't do that. Most people would enjoy that.

Agree a simple and delicious pasta dish is not hard but it must be made FRESH, Not prepared in advance at a central kitchen and reheated.

Donaldfan1934

You make it sound too good. No seating will be furnished except the curb. :(
True, but it does give you a good view. It's like the Fantasmic! dinner package in that sense aside from the space being much more limited. The core problem is simply that the reserved seating that you're paying so much is for a product with quality far beneath today's standards.
Lunch for $45 at Tony's is the better part of the deal? At least the ancient parade won't make you want to eat at Olive Garden!
To be honest, I like Tony's. I was just there over Memorial Day weekend and the food was perfectly fine. I think its problems are highly exaggerated and feel its still better a better product than MSEP is today no matter how you cut it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
To be honest, I like Tony's. I was just there over Memorial Day weekend and the food was perfectly fine. I think its problems are highly exaggerated and feel its still better a better product than MSEP is today no matter how you cut it.

Everyone has different tastes so that is expected. The last time I dined there, the food was just blah to me. And usually I am easy to please. As I believe I stated earlier in the thread, I have never felt that way from any other TS restaurant as WDW. But obviously, people will have different opinions.

Donaldfan1934

Everyone has different tastes so that is expected. The last time I dined there, the food was just blah to me. And usually I am easy to please. As I believe I stated earlier in the thread, I have never felt that way from any other TS restaurant as WDW. But obviously, people will have different opinions.
Exactly, everyone has different tastes. While I personally don't think that Tony's is among the best food on property, but I still feel the food is solid enough for a deal like this.

jakeman

Agree a simple and delicious pasta dish is not hard but it must be made FRESH, Not prepared in advance at a central kitchen and reheated.
Do you have a list of restaurants that use a central kitchen?

I only ask because I know some of the chefs and from my understanding everything is made in the restaurants. However, you seem to speak rather certainly that there is a central kitchen that produces a majority of the courses and then distributes them to the restaurants.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Do you have a list of restaurants that use a central kitchen?

I only ask because I know some of the chefs and from my understanding everything is made in the restaurants. However, you seem to speak rather certainly that there is a central kitchen that produces a majority of the courses and then distributes them to the restaurants.
reason-crazy.jpg

gmajew

Premium Member

Of that was the case Olive Garden and those chains would not be around... Just saying look at the facts the american consumer has become very bland.... Look at what passes for mexican these days....

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Of that was the case Olive Garden and those chains would not be around... Just saying look at the facts the american consumer has become very bland.... Look at what passes for mexican these days....

I don't get what facts you are looking at...in the US there is plenty of room for different styles of food and at different price points. But bad food is bad food and even the Olive Garden had to recently make adjustments due to this.

And specifically in regards to Italian food, it is food that is simple by its nature anyways...simple ingredients, but fresh ingredients that are great tasting. There is nothing complex about true Italian food.

MaryJaneP

We have (unfortunately) patronized Tony's in the past. This post reinforces our opinion that it will never again get our visitation. Our review, 4 pukes, Tony's, MSEP, Dining package, "upsell". Why do we use that euphemism, "upsell"? Call it what it really is, fraud and misrepresentation.

Nmoody1

Awful restaurant.

Pretty awful parade.

Semi Awful park.

I think I'd rather eat pasta sauce made from water from Bay Lake. It's terrible dumbed down food. Waaaay overdue a major makeover - tear up the menu! In fact, bring us something on par with Carthay Circle or Walts in Disneyland Paris... then sell me a viewing space. Ideally of them smashing up MSEP and making pins out of the fragments.

Phicinfan

It bothers me that brands like Olive Garden, and others have dumb down what can be some of the best food on the planet for the average consumer...
I agree in principal with the Olive Garden's and such, they are not true Italian, Again I am not quite there with you on Tony's. Meals I have had there were well seasoned, and tasted great, and had HUGE portions. Again, as stated above, all have differing tastes. We make our own pasta and sauce at home,so you will never find Jarred sauces in our house for reasons you called out earlier.

ToTBellHop

Awful restaurant.

Pretty awful parade.

Semi Awful park.

I think I'd rather eat pasta sauce made from water from Bay Lake. It's terrible dumbed down food. Waaaay overdue a major makeover - tear up the menu! In fact, bring us something on par with Carthay Circle or Walts in Disneyland Paris... then sell me a viewing space. Ideally of them smashing up MSEP and making pins out of the fragments.
LOL.

Why are you even here then? No seriously.

matt9112

I could be crazy, but could this be a hint to the fate of MSEP? There's a little bit of talk in the upcoming projects thread about PTN. It's just rumor for now, but why all of the sudden start a dining package for MSEP?????

isnt WDW always the recipient of used California parades?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom