News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

The Visionary Soul

Is this post possibly related to said new lighting package?
The lights haven't been replaced yet except for a select few on the far West side near Floridan Way. As far as that thread and the OP, I think it's a case of "I know something is different, but I came to the wrong conclusion." Everything else changed in terms of lighting in the Magic Kingdom and all the other streetlights on property, but the MK lot lights are still the same as they have been. I'm not aware of any major changes in the lighting to that lot that have happened yet, though atmospheric conditions can make it look different than normal.

JoeCamel

The lights haven't been replaced yet except for a select few on the far West side near Floridan Way. As far as that thread and the OP, I think it's a case of "I know something is different, but I came to the wrong conclusion." Everything else changed in terms of lighting in the Magic Kingdom and all the other streetlights on property, but the MK lot lights are still the same as they have been. I'm not aware of any major changes in the lighting to that lot that have happened yet, though atmospheric conditions can make it look different than normal.
Maybe they are not being maintained in anticipation of replacement allowing them to skew towards orange?

peter11435

I imagine the new exit road layout from MK parking. The original endgame was for a new MK toll plaza and the duelling of Floridian Way from Car Care up to the new north Entrance. If this still happens I don’t know.
The new exit layout and eventual widening of Floridian way should still happen. Last I knew the New MK toll plaza was not happening

castlecake2.0

The new exit layout and eventual widening of Floridian way should still happen. Last I knew the New MK toll plaza was not happening

driving down Floridian Way today there were quite a lot of little flags in the ground between seven seas dr and the car care center so it looks like they’re working on but not sure how far that’ll go. Never thought this road needed it as much as world drive did.

msteel

So, it looks like Reedy Creek Improvement District is building Phase II (partially) on an easement granted by Disney. I'm curious if either Phase I or the existing road being replaced were built under the same type of agreement? Interesting also that the easement includes a significant portion of the parking lot.

castlecake2.0

Bump: do we think that at the end of this they will make Floridian Way an “official” entrance to WDW with signage etc? Right now when you enter property from that way you drive past the North service area that they have done nothing to hide from view, drive through some woods and then end up at grand Floridian. I’m wondering if they’ll do anything to make this look more official?

drnilescrane

Bump: do we think that at the end of this they will make Floridian Way an “official” entrance to WDW with signage etc? Right now when you enter property from that way you drive past the North service area that they have done nothing to hide from view, drive through some woods and then end up at grand Floridian. I’m wondering if they’ll do anything to make this look more official?
My guess is it'll remain a secondary entrance without gateway (much like the east service area and Sherberth Rd) as it does not directly lead to a major area highway (192/Osceola/Epcot Center) or commercial area with ramp (Hotel Plaza/Western Way).

The only people using this entrance are going to be CMs and local area residents visiting WDW or cutting through. Doesn't require fanfare.

castlecake2.0

My guess is it'll remain a secondary entrance without gateway (much like the east service area and Sherberth Rd) as it does not directly lead to a major area highway (192/Osceola/Epcot Center) or commercial area with ramp (Hotel Plaza/Western Way).

The only people using this entrance are going to be CMs and local area residents visiting WDW or cutting through. Doesn't require fanfare.
Makes sense. It looks like the last week or so they planted a lot more trees along the side of the road there. Hopefully that continues to hide a bit the cast parking area a bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I was staring at the new flyovers under construction last week...

no doubt they are trying to make the western side as much of an entrance as the east.

one obvious reason: comcast

they’re more scared of them than they let on...no need for more car routes in the 21st century unless you’re trying to play “keep away”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom