'Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration' show to debut at this year's Mickey's Very Merry Christmas

brb1006

I think it's just more the context. I'm all for artistic license and creativity, using what's around us to create... but those characters don't fit "texting" ... it's come across as vain, juvenile, and force. These classic Disney characters are timeless, they have a dated yet current feel to them. Having them sing about texting just seems so out of place. It seems out of character.
Daisy's texting song came out of no where.

brb1006

Mickey_Mouse_Disco79.jpg
61Pv6JQvB%2BL.jpg

brb1006

View attachment 173981
And let's not forget about this gem when Mickey and friends were rapping to 90s hip hop songs lol. So I'm ok with the texting song. I love the use of so many characters and not needing to have a storyline for every show. I'm also enjoying seeing so many new articulated characters as well (Just would like some consistency on meet and greets and shows) I like the show overall though.

Here's one song from the album.

mm52200

I think this time though Disney wasn't trying to be "hip" or "cool". The texting and the song are actually used as part of the plot and setting up how the characters are invited to their party. The VIP characters: Mickey and the gang, age and interact with the current world we live in so it makes sense for them to use phones. They've been using them in MiSi for years now, they interact with phones and the real world in "Get a Horse" and other shorts. The song and choreography are super cute, sure there's one verse of the song that might date itself a little with some of the references to various apps and social media in a few years. I'm just curious if people don't like the song because it simply has the characters texting or other reasons.

SpectroMan93

I thought that was pure, relentless, utter JOY on that stage. That was incredibly fun to watch from beginning to end. Even the texting song I couldn't bring myself to hate. It was harmless and upbeat, and it's 2016. It's a castle show, not a cinematic experience or exploration of our inner psyche. Just unabashed entertainment and that was a brilliant display of it from the projections to the live singing. Fantastic upgrade from Celebrate the Season.

MagicHappens1971

I thought this was a pretty good show, and definitely an upgrade over Celebrate the Season. I think my only major complaint is that Woody and Jessie weren't articulated.

Disone

I smiled through the entire show. The texting song.... kind of cringed at first but by the end of the song I was smiling again. I love the show is a Christmas show, and while not religious, it is solid Christmas and not a happy holidays diversity show. One one thing, I notice in the finale the two different angles at two different effects on the Castle. One with the castle lights on, the other with projection mapping imagery on the Castle. So must of been video tapped over two different showings, and was just wondering what they settled on to use.

mm52200

I smiled through the entire show. The texting song.... kind of cringed at first but by the end of the song I was smiling again. I love the show is a Christmas show, and while not religious, it is solid Christmas and not a happy holidays diversity show. One one thing, I notice in the finale the two different angles at two different effects on the Castle. One with the castle lights on, the other with projection mapping imagery on the Castle. So must of been video tapped over two different showings, and was just wondering what they settled on to use.
The first show the lights don't come back on during the finale because there's another Frozen Holiday Wish right after it. The other three shows the lights come back on during the finale.

kap91

It is really nice to see a new show.

Gonna have to say I like Celebrate and Sparkling Christmas spectacular more for their variety of songs and medleys, performance, and the fact I literally grew up with them (and I really happen to like that old school magic kingdom music arranging style - has a bit more drama and sparkle) but this show is solid! The texting song is slightly cringe worthy, but not too much so lol.

I was really happy to see live hosts back, that was great, that's a trend that's going in the right direction, and I loved that everything seemed just very fresh and upbeat. This is the only use of projected sets I've ever loved. it's just perfect for the setting. And I give them kudos for the sheer number and variety of characters on stage. Always nice to see a huge cast on a stage that large. Well done, and the way the show is structured it functions better as general area ambience and entertainment too for those not standing directly in front of the stage - with given the crowds I think is a plus.

jrhwdw

Most Merriest is wonderful and is far better than CTS was on the current stage. But, Oh My Goodness!! Look where MK was in 1994!:

Just found it today on YT! EASILY the BEST Christmas Show in MK's History! Amazing what MK did with only one set of stairs on the stage! Maybe they should try that again sometime! :)

kap91

Most Merriest is wonderful and is far better than CTS was on the current stage. But, Oh My Goodness!! Look where MK was in 1994!:

Just found it today on YT! EASILY the BEST Christmas Show in MK's History! Amazing what MK did with only one set of stairs on the stage! Maybe they should try that again sometime! :)

I loved sparkling Christmas spectacular as a kid! Live music, somewhat of a plot, and I've been silently campaigning for a return to that simple set design for ages - it was so much more well suited.

kap91

I loved sparkling Christmas spectacular as a kid! Live music, somewhat of a plot, and I've been silently campaigning for a return to that simple set design for ages - it was so much more well suited.
You don't really see it in the video either but the cast was huge - performers were on both ramps up to the castle too. And notice how little the characters are used. I wish I could be in charge and have a return to the grandness that really used to pervade the magic kingdom.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom