Rumor - Possible ticket price increases coming this Sunday (2/28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy32

So if we are wanting to purchase 4 or 5 day hoppers for mid-June, does this price increase mean we should buy today?

EOD K9

Many years ago I took a Mears bus to Universal. There was a large amount of people on the property going there from different parties and they sent a bus.

Baloo62

1. Magic Kingdom

You nailed it. Can you imagine WDW, in its current state, trying to remain a competitive, relevant entertainment destination without MK? Relying solely on the rich abundance of quality, state-of-the-art attractions (sarcasm) found at their other three parks? I mean that's still one more park than Uni requires to make ends meet, and they don't have the iconic MK. So where would Disney's numbers be without MK? How many rooms would be occupied? How many restaurant seats would be filled? My point is the other three parks suck right now and are incapable as a trio to lure in enough guests to be successful. Current attendance numbers at these parks are meaningless because they reflect an enterprise that includes MK. Completely close MK for a year and then compare the attendance numbers at the other three. Incidentally, I have no problem with price increases if they reflect an increase in quality. I do, however, have a problem paying Ruth's Chris prices for an Applebee's steak. The peak price for Epcot, AK and HS should be at least $40 less that the value price for MK for the same reason. One guest's well-deserved opinion.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

It was actually DHS on my last trip that finally made me realize how terrible WDW has become. South of Echo Lake is deserted, full of terrible outdated attractions, and when I went Sunset Boulevard was covered in teenagers and gymnastics teams doing their routines in the streets, so I didn't even try to ride Twilight Zone/Rock n Roll (they also were both 90+ minute waits, seeing as they are the only attractions there worth anything). Launch bay is not an attraction, but seeing as some disney fanatics think a gift shop is worth another trip its really not surprising to me the bar is so low.

I remember leaving DHS (I went Epcot - MK - DAK - DHS) and the next day going to Universal Studios for three days and it was heaven. Less crowds, more rides, better food, nicer staff. I rode the Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey ride 5+ times it was so good. I really just don't understand how Disney keeps its business.
For Disney executives, you clearly overdid your "daily magical attraction quota". By ridding 5+ times.. you surpassed the Magical Limiter, thus you are not welcome to Disney anymore. For them, mere 3 rides per day is considered "Magically tolerable" for a business standpoint. :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Sounds dangerous closed over five years ago and has been used for movie previews, currently Star Wars.
How the hell is that a "plus" ?

Animation Tour was replaced with Star Wars launch bay.
Thats a themed store, not an attraction.

35106886.jpg
Because DISNEY IS A BUSINESS!

Cesar R M

I think some of us feel locked in, with DVC. After this year, I will stay in the DVC and go to the other Orlando parks. Just an aside question. How is the best way to go from Saratoga Springs, to Universal. Please don't suggest uber, hubby is not a fan. We are in our late 60's, and he wants something, that he feels is safe.
hu.. I used Uber all the time in my Universal side of my vacation.. and I think your hubby is being paranoic.
Its not like normal Taxis do not have bad apples. There is risk everywhere.

The problem is, if you lower the cost for DHS due to ride closure, you are likely to INCREASE attendance at the park with the smallest number of rides. Catch-22.
The Iger solution would be, adding tons of dance parties, DJ's and foamheads to cover the lack of attractions.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Because it seems to be a concept not easily rationalized by many people! To bad, life must be difficult when reality isn't allowed to enter it. Disappointments abound!

Surely if you are a doom and gloomer, or whatever term is now in vogue, you are constantly negative therefore unlikely to have built up much hope in the rodent corporation so disappointment would be unlikely. Pretty simple concept , no?

But as always delighted to see the board has so many self proclaimed visionaries here to guide the prolls through the minefield of corporate loyalty.

betty rose

@Cesar R M. I agree that hubby is super conservative. Does Universal have one bus that goes to it's parks, from the airport. Hubby doesn't want to drive, or take a cab....it's the Magical Express with bag delivery that has him hooked on Disney.

Cesar R M

@Cesar R M. I agree that hubby is super conservative. Does Universal have one bus that goes to it's parks, from the airport. Hubby doesn't want to drive, or take a cab....it's the Magical Express with bag delivery that has him hooked on Disney.
I think certain hotels do have service from the Airport to the Hotels (shuttles). but pretty sure most of them are not free o_O

Also, after my first horrible experience with the bag thing... I said NEVER AGAIN and we now always pick up our bags and roll with them to the DME area.

RonnieHare

How on earth do you get to Orlando in the first place? Just get in a cab and go to Universal for a day. Utter drivel i'm hearing about being afraid to leave the Disney walls.

Download Uber, and a taxi is cheap as chips ... will get you to Universal or Sea World in about 15 mins.

What's shocking is there are many people like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom