VIDEO - New live entertainment act TradNation debuts at Epcot's Canada Pavilion

wannabeBelle

Well, a new rumor on Twitter today says that Alberta Bound is the next act. Folks with good memories may recall that name from the band that used to play on Off Kilter's days off, way back when standards were so high that they had an alternate group to ensure 7 day coverage.

I even think one or two members of Alberta Bound joined Off Kilter at some point. Is this their way of back peddling to essentially the same thing as Off Kilter, without completely admitting it?
I know from Alberta Bound and yes Jason the fiddle player for Off Kilter was in the original incarnation of the Alberta Bound. I know he is playing pretty regularly with Billy one of the substitute guitarists/ bass players from Off Kilter at Scat Cat's bar in Port Orleans French Quarter. Here is a video I found of them: I will try to find out more if I can!!! Id love to see a back peddling on this one, or even a somewhat different take, such as bringing the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs back and rotating in a lot of the great musicians that I enjoy going to see, but do regular music, not holiday stuff. Marie

Kman101

I did see a mention of Alberta Bound on Twitter but no one else has run with it as far as I can tell so maybe it meant nothing ...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, a new rumor on Twitter today says that Alberta Bound is the next act. Folks with good memories may recall that name from the band that used to play on Off Kilter's days off, way back when standards were so high that they had an alternate group to ensure 7 day coverage.

I even think one or two members of Alberta Bound joined Off Kilter at some point. Is this their way of back peddling to essentially the same thing as Off Kilter, without completely admitting it?
Albert Bound is indeed the new act.

wannabeBelle

I have gotten a bit more information on Alberta Bound. Much of the band will be the same people who were in the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs and they will be doing Country & Bluegrass music and are all Canadian based songs. They will be performing Wednesday through Sunday for 5 weeks starting on Wednesday May 4th, 2016, and the set times are 12:00 1:15 2:15 3:50 5:00 and 6:15. Marie

wannabeBelle

Hi All, Don't forget today is the premiere of Alberta Bound and the set times are 12:00 1:15 2:15 3:50 5:00 and 6:15 Get out there and support live music!!! I am hoping for a break in the rain for the band and spectators!!!. Marie

ABQ

Marie, any clue on what happens after the 5 weeks are up? Have Alberta Bound been told, 5 and done as new entertainment takes over in June or will they revisit and possibly extend the length of stay of they are well received?

wannabeBelle

Now that is an odd thing. My understanding is that the act is supposed to run for 5 weeks. EPCOT's times guide has them playing through July, so right there it is a little confusing, hopefully in a good way. I hope they do incredibly well and are extended to an undetermined run but at this point, I don't think anyone is entirely sure. Marie

wannabeBelle

And many thanks to Meredith, our person on the ground!!! She will be Periscoping the band's performances here: Don't forget to watch our Periscope at noon today! Follow @merrimac1981 or search "Alberta Bound Live from Epcot!" Marie

wannabeBelle

Sorry ABQ I had the same problem. Miss Meredith will be fixing the Youtube link when she gets to a computer, as she cant do it on her phone!!! Just wanted to give a little taste. I haven't listened to all of it but what I did hear sounded really good!! Marie

note2001

Hey all, This is the last week for the current run of Alberta bound so be sure to catch them if you can. Marie
I kept missing them! Exception given to flight times and checkout, I can't follow a schedule on vacation. :)
Here's hoping their contract is extended!

wannabeBelle

I kept missing them! Exception given to flight times and checkout, I can't follow a schedule on vacation. :)
Here's hoping their contract is extended!
I know how that can go, I have a similar problem!!! I always come home and go " Oh man, I missed such and such, how did I forget that??" As far as being extended, the word on the street is that there is a Canadian Band being brought in for a limited time. Once that is done, there is talk of bringing back Alberta Bound and of course the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs may be brought back as well for the holiday season. I don't know the name of the new Canadian Band though. I am hoping for something good!! I would love to see AB extended though, as if that happens, they will most likely be adding more of a variety of music to their sets. Keep your fingers crossed!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom