DHS New Fireworks Launch Area

kthomas105

Proximity to World Drive AND Osceola AND entrance and exit ramps. With the current location, the biggest concern is wind carrying firework debris toward World Drive.
That makes obvious sense, therefore why put it in at all. I would assume the reasoning you state is probably the main reasons a fireworks launch pad wasn’t built in the earlier stages of the park. That and the fact that explosive fireworks might not mesh well with a “working studio”. All in all it seems like they tried to fit a launch site in an area not well suited for one and thus the predictable occurred. Maybe the new equipment being installed has a better chance for successful launches.

TrainsOfDisney

I would assume the reasoning you state is probably the main reasons a fireworks launch pad wasn’t built in the earlier stages of the park. That and the fact that explosive fireworks might not mesh well with a “working studio”.

Until Galaxies Edge, fireworks were shot off from within the park but lots of the park had to be closed off to allow this.

TrainsOfDisney

And the firework shows were some of the best I’ve seen...both Frozen and Star Wars versions.

Agreeed. Does anyone remember the early New Years Shows with bohemian raphsody? Sooooooo good. Or the special fireworks they did for the otherwise disastrous villains party.

Another side note.... the new security structures blocks the previous best view for fireworks at dhs (outside the park by the water.). It doesn’t fully block it... but just enough to be annoying.

ToTBellHop

Agreeed. Does anyone remember the early New Years Shows with bohemian raphsody? Sooooooo good. Or the special fireworks they did for the otherwise disastrous villains party.

Another side note.... the new security structures blocks the previous best view for fireworks at dhs (outside the park by the water.). It doesn’t fully block it... but just enough to be annoying.
They should really just upgrade Fantasmic and abandon the “fireworks.”

ToTBellHop

Ideally there would be both.
They aren’t moving the fireworks launch site. And they can’t use the one they have. I’d rather they can the half-Alien Swirling Saucered “fireworks” and invest in a 21st century Fantasmic. We have acceptable, updated fireworks elsewhere. Let’s upgrade the amphitheater show to give us a nighttime triple threat.

I’ve given up on RoL.

kthomas105

They aren’t moving the fireworks launch site. And they can’t use the one they have. I’d rather they can the half-Alien Swirling Saucered “fireworks” and invest in a 21st century Fantasmic. We have acceptable, updated fireworks elsewhere. Let’s upgrade the amphitheater show to give us a nighttime triple threat.

I’ve given up on RoL.
If they can't use the site they have why are they updating it? That's the main reason this thread got bumped in the first place. Genuine question.

TrainsOfDisney

If they can't use the site they have why are they updating it? That's the main reason this thread got bumped in the first place. Genuine question.

It’s being used every night... just not for major pyro.

Maybe they are going to use a different type of pyro for jingle bam? Like the air launched pyro?

TrainsOfDisney

I have never heard of this event or the chaos that is entangled with it. Please enlighten me! :angelic:

It was one night at Hollywood Studios. They did a bunch of villians meet and greets but they oversold the event so it was insane lines to meet the good characters. They had a live band and a stage show hosted by Hades (live actor.. very funny and pretty irreverent for Disney), they had oogie boogie variety show where beauty and the beast is. Again oogie boogie actually came out to host the show. The variety acts were pretty sexy for Disney as well... sideshow style acts like sword swallowing and such. The brown derby was a a villains lounge with a special menu and villians roaming around (cuella was in there for sure... can’t remember who else).

A really impressive custom fireworks show.

Umm.... that’s about it. Mostly it was just overcrowded and oversold. I wasn’t too let down personally but it also wasn’t overly impressive.

TrainsOfDisney

Best show I’ve seen on property.

As an aside I had no idea of the chaos outside the park since we got in about 4pm until reports began coming in.

It was good but I still prefer the pirate and princess party fireworks. I wish that show could have replaced wishes instead of HEA.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have never heard of this event or the chaos that is entangled with it. Please enlighten me! :angelic:

It was one night at Hollywood Studios. They did a bunch of villians meet and greets but they oversold the event...
Noooo... the first one in 2013 wasn't a hard ticket. Open for anyone with admission. That was the problem.

Take a look, including THAT fireworks show, here:

IMDREW

Noooo... the first one in 2013 wasn't a hard ticket. Open for anyone with admission. That was the problem.

Take a look, including THAT fireworks show, here:

I went to the first non hard ticket one and absolutely LOVED it! Never went to Halloween party before that, so this whole parks party vibe was new to me. I loved the Villains meet & Greets around Echo Lake, but true, the lines were really unbearable. But all the villains were there and I was so happy about that! I was mighty impressed (especially with it being free of course). Loved the fireworks and remember being blown away when the Hellfire part came, was pretty dark and big fireworks. I didn't expect any of that. What happened outside the park that made it so bad for them? It was a Friday 13th event right? I also really liked the logo and the meet & greet backdrops with the "13th" on it.

Never understood why they didn't repeat this event. DHS is/was also a very nice park for a villains night. And I also don't understand why they haven't brought out the villains like this for the Halloween parties!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
. What happened outside the park that made it so bad for them?
Chaos. Seems half of central Florida got off work and wanted to attend. Buena Vista and World Drives were gridlocked. Busses were stuck. People parked in the Epcot front lot and walked. People parked on the roadway verges and walked. And then they queued for ages to try and get in.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom