News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Disstevefan1

View attachment 817971
Speaking of barren concrete waste đź—‘

Is that a mushroom.. color is hideous

We couldn't get the fountain, wishing tree, holiday light up planter decor for thissss junky wobbly, the pavement color doesn't help either. This here is worse than anything in JOW.
Someone seriously designed this, AND INTENDED this to look this way???
I HATE the rusty look!
I call them rustrooms.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I HATE the rusty look!
I call them rustrooms.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I HATE the rusty look!
I call them rustrooms.
I love how it mimics an umbrella, yet it's not enough to able to give shade, plus they made sure if it rains no one would stand under it. Doesn't rust motivate bring more heat. I'd apologize if this was the new Mater Meet and Greet since canceling the Rivers of America demolition.

Chef idea Mickey`=

1000061669.jpg

Corten steel fountain

It's a fountain and they cancelled it because it reminds them and us of the Stargate off Harmonious!

Disstevefan1

We couldn't get the fountain, wishing tree, holiday light up planter decor for thissss junky wobbly, the pavement color doesn't help either. This here is worse than anything in JOW.
You inspired me - Thanks.
PostApocalypiicEpcot.jpg

Attachments

• PostApocalypiicEpcot.jpg
    PostApocalypiicEpcot.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 7

Epcot82Guy

The problem I have is the missing symbolism and theme. I'm not against any of the individual design elements, per se. But, they have no point other than to be modern and pseudo-luxury. The design could have easily incorporated a message or focus for each zone - coming together with the Epcot symbol in the center. It could have served as a bridge to the neighborhood beyond it. Instead, it's just "nice".

It's funny that Iger hates the coaster themed to India or something. Because, many, many things designed under his watch are themed to modern California aesthetics and decor. It's poor story telling by those who think they are great at it.

Chef idea Mickey`=

The problem I have is the missing symbolism and theme.
I love the Giant mural inside Connection's that's another decor that goes with World Showcase.

They decided to leave the the "Future World" theme but funny because Mouse Gear wasn't future themed. An apple like style Creation's is okay to be modern because it's not modern and futuristic even if it's just to create an awesome cool aesthetic unique for Epcot. I don't think you can have a "Present World" and expecting something to look different or from another time or unknown horizon. The two story festival building would of looked what future or 80s? The park isn't tributing it's itself nor it's future world that what was the embodiment of Epcot.

Bocabear

there is no apostrophe in a plural... Connections... not Connection's...unless you are saying the restaurant posessed something...then it would be Connection's flooring...or World Celebration's atmosphere... get it? I don't know why they don't teach this in school anymore..... Pet peeve....sorry.... continue.....

Incomudro

View attachment 817971

I haven't been there to see it personally, but I like this.
I like most of it except for the glaring lack of a fountain.
I'm not very fond of the football field area with the awnings though.

Bocabear

I have....it's not great and the lack of a large fountain or any kind of water is glaring... It is worse than before because with the "Miscellaneous Garden Areas" it feels even more ponderous and pointless... There is no focus to this area... it feels like "People said they wanted trees and some seats, so here!" it feels like Knee-jerk Gardens.... It does not feel like Disney....that is for sure...

Chef idea Mickey`=

I haven't been able to see it in person as of yet. I think I wouldn't mind it if it was silver. The whole rusty brown there with Spaceship Earth isn't my cup of tea especially when you have modern Connection's/Creation's next door.

Epcot81Fan

It’s sad to see people who represent themselves as “Disney fans” rationalize and support terrible and lazy design.

If the parks, especially Epcot, were designed with these pathetically low standards 40 years ago there wouldn’t even be a Disney fan community today.

Truly pathetic and embarrassing.

(And yes, I used “pathetic” twice intentionally)

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
It’s sad to see people who represent themselves as “Disney fans” rationalize and support terrible and lazy design.

If the parks, especially Epcot, were designed with these pathetically low standards 40 years ago there wouldn’t even be a Disney fan community today.

Truly pathetic and embarrassing.

(And yes, I used “pathetic” twice intentionally)
Idk I just thought it was pretty. Granted last time I was at epcot I was 7, but at least from the monorail and from photos, it looks fine to me. Just, for the love of god, get us some sort of water feature

GladToBeHear

While I thought the Tomorrowland at Shanghai Disney was interesting for about a minute, it in person feels even more like a corporate business park than the new EPCOT central core... Too cold, not a drop of whimsy or fun anywhere to be seen...it literally looks like a very well designed office park or college campus... but it is attractive...but you do not feel like it is a theme park... I guess maybe you can say there is more cohesion to the land...the front half of EPCOT currently just feels like a lot of unrelated parts with no focus....
All good points. And I haven't seen T@SD in person so you'd know better than me. I do think it can be a challenge to pull off whimsy with futuristic. Maybe through the use of kinetics? A stream running through the space with fountains, rocks, etc.? Futuristic windmills? Robots tending to the grass, watering flowers, feeding fish in the pond?

Bocabear

I think there are lots of ways to make it a more fun environment YES! a moving waterway through the space... A large central show fountain, a series of beautifully designed water features...A poorly designed Flex Space building, dry and oddly styled rust gardens and a complete lack of any sort of kinetics is definitely how you don't do it...it currently looks completely joyless.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I think there are lots of ways to make it a more fun environment YES! a moving waterway through the space... A large central show fountain, a series of beautifully designed water features...A poorly designed Flex Space building, dry and oddly styled rust gardens and a complete lack of any sort of kinetics is definitely how you don't do it...it currently looks completely joyless.
Honestly, just give us what was originally promised and it'd be perfect
1727443829484.png
1727443870098.png
1727443924506.png
1727443945942.png

If we had gotten these instead of the budget-cut version, it'd be practically perfect and everyone wouldn't be complaining

Disstevefan1

Honestly, just give us what was originally promised and it'd be perfect
View attachment 818156View attachment 818157View attachment 818158View attachment 818159
If we had gotten these instead of the budget-cut version, it'd be practically perfect and everyone wouldn't be complaining
Agreed!

At the very minimum, we should have gotten a fountain but instead we got that ugly planter and broken lights in the cement. What an absolute failure!!

To make it worse, TWDC calls what was done in EPCOT a "success" so we are stuck with it for a couple of decades a least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom