News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tparris

Some construction photos from today, plus some unrelated bonus shots of SSE I took about 30 minutes ago.
D8D3A4CD-B6D7-4C76-82AB-AD900069D3CC.jpeg
8AAC6FB6-E8C9-4A43-80AB-F18F52523EE7.jpeg
DDC80F59-5F03-4373-A2A0-2871DEC21010.jpeg
223B7F8B-5DF3-48E7-88C2-DA78052227DB.jpeg
244F2468-C493-4AF2-880F-2DB2A20C7C36.jpeg
259EBE63-133A-4932-8E73-B01CBF21E287.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

tparris

For some reason, the SSE LEDs are completely shut off tonight and have been replaced with the classic floodlights. They’ve been turning on around 7:20ish lately so there’s definitely something weird going on here. Perhaps they’re having more issues with the LEDs than we realized. There’s another issue I noticed a while back, however it’s easier to spot tonight: some of the LEDs literally never turn off for some reason, and a few others tend to blink red and green when they’re supposed to be shut off. There’s also a section of the perimeter lighting that’s not working today either, and the ring light around the fountain base is completely turned off as well. At this point I would have preferred if they just didn’t add all these lights at all if they’re going to so blatantly refuse to maintain them like this. It’s really inexcusable.
6F879E5E-2820-4F90-9C82-911DBF6157FB.jpeg
05B46B5A-C0B9-4600-BA13-B79A26E37B0D.jpeg
50363265-AA63-411D-806D-A083B2318AEF.jpeg
9B7FF6D1-625E-4967-A863-3834720D379A.jpeg

tparris

For some reason, the SSE LEDs are completely shut off tonight and have been replaced with the classic floodlights. They’ve been turning on around 7:20ish lately so there’s definitely something weird going on here. Perhaps they’re having more issues with the LEDs than we realized. There’s another issue I noticed a while back, however it’s easier to spot tonight: some of the LEDs literally never turn off for some reason, and a few others tend to blink red and green when they’re supposed to be shut off. There’s also a section of the perimeter lighting that’s not working today either, and the ring light around the fountain base is completely turned off as well. At this point I would have preferred if they just didn’t add all these lights at all if they’re going to so blatantly refuse to maintain them like this. It’s really inexcusable.View attachment 671550View attachment 671551View attachment 671552View attachment 671554
The optimist in me hopes that this means they’re finally going to fix the lights that have been going out, some of them for almost a year now. Although I also hope that in the future they’ll maintain them more often instead of waiting 10 months for 20 of them to stop working before they do anything…

tparris

For some reason, the SSE LEDs are completely shut off tonight and have been replaced with the classic floodlights. They’ve been turning on around 7:20ish lately so there’s definitely something weird going on here. Perhaps they’re having more issues with the LEDs than we realized. There’s another issue I noticed a while back, however it’s easier to spot tonight: some of the LEDs literally never turn off for some reason, and a few others tend to blink red and green when they’re supposed to be shut off. There’s also a section of the perimeter lighting that’s not working today either, and the ring light around the fountain base is completely turned off as well. At this point I would have preferred if they just didn’t add all these lights at all if they’re going to so blatantly refuse to maintain them like this. It’s really inexcusable.View attachment 671550View attachment 671551View attachment 671552View attachment 671554
LEDs just turned on. I have no idea why it happened an hour late
622B2983-0541-4EF4-AA78-234D7AFDECF7.jpeg

gerarar

Premium Member
Even the regular floodlights have been malfunctioning/glitchy during the shows, so it's not just the Beacons of Light. It may be something with the software/computer controlling and tying everything together.

James Alucobond

Even the regular floodlights have been malfunctioning/glitchy during the shows, so it's not just the Beacons of Light. It may be something with the software/computer controlling and tying everything together.
They've been doing some electrical work in the gardens, which are ultimately supposed to connect as well. Perhaps they inadvertently caused some problems? Seems a bit early for that, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fact they tore down a building just to rebuild another one is almost comical. I know they were counting on the bar on legs, but still….That’s probably the reason for this round of price hikes. Someone’s gotta pay for that duplicated effort.
Well, it was the building with that smell...

The only solution was demolition.

Incomudro

The fact they tore down a building just to rebuild another one is almost comical. I know they were counting on the bar on legs, but still….That’s probably the reason for this round of price hikes. Someone’s gotta pay for that duplicated effort.
Why?
It's done all the time.
The new building is going to be better suited to the look and uses intended for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom