DHS Permit

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, why the new ramp shown in the attached?

Perhaps a temporary entrance via Osceola Pkwy. until the new Victory Way entrance is complete? Or, maybe this ramp will be a CM-only entrance to new CM parking to be located on that side of the park?

Thoughts?
One thought is this would enable them to close the existing Buena Vista back entrance - to cars or everything - sooner rather than later. This ramp would give access to traffic already in the World. It could be messy for busses but it'll get messy for everyone sooner or later.

Tom

Beta Return
Your comment got me thinking. Isn't that area full of fuel and water pipes and lots of other infrastructure needed for that scene? I have no expert (or any!) knowledge in this area, but it seems to me that the demolition and cleanup of that area would require significant hazmat efforts. It would need to be done, of course, but might not be as fast as just leveling a building, for example.

Does anyone have the type of expert knowledge to comment on the type of special demolition and cleanup that would be required for the canyon area?

I think it was all natural gas, so nothing considered hazardous. Since the property isn't changing use or ownership, there won't be need for a Phase 1 or 2 investigation.

Otherwise, it would be a relatively simple demolition effort.

Victor Kelly

Victory way will not in any shape or form be able to handle the traffic load even with the interchange, or especially with the interchange. How will the old entrance plazas be affected?

What about traffic load for POP and AoA? How will they allow the resort guests access to the resorts with the increased traffic along Victory?

peter11435

Victory way will not in any shape or form be able to handle the traffic load even with the interchange, or especially with the interchange. How will the old entrance plazas be affected?

What about traffic load for POP and AoA? How will they allow the resort guests access to the resorts with the increased traffic along Victory?

You should look at the plans again. The majority of traffic will not be coming from victory way.

Victor Kelly

I have looked at the plans. If this becomes a primary entrance into the park then there will be considerable traffic heading south on Victory to get to the interchange. Traffic will be coming from Buena Vista Drive which looks like in merges into the interchange to enter the park perimeter.

From the south, traffic will come from World Drive and I-4 via Osceola Pkwy and go into the park perimeter.

peter11435

I have looked at the plans. If this becomes a primary entrance into the park then there will be considerable traffic heading south on Victory to get to the interchange. Traffic will be coming from Buena Vista Drive which looks like in merges into the interchange to enter the park perimeter.

From the south, traffic will come from World Drive and I-4 via Osceola Pkwy and go into the park perimeter.
Any traffic that will be heading south on victory way to get to the park is currently entering through the North entrance on Buena Vista Drive. That entrance has only two lanes and one booth. If that can handle the current load then I'm fairly certain that victory way which is already two lanes in both directions should be just fine. Osceola parkway is also only two lanes in each direction in most locations and it handles its load just fine.

Any traffic from the magic kingdom region would be routed down world drive and then Osceola.. Any traffic from the animal kingdom region would be routed directly down Osceola..

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

I wonder if they are going to clear out the Catastrophe Canyon area and use it as a staging area for the TSL and SWL projects.
After watching AdamTheWoo's recent video (shot from the LMA bleachers, not backstage), they haven't done a single thing back there yet as it would seem. Walt's plane still sitting there to rot away too. Hopefully they get to work on that area when they start TSL as you mention.

After watching AdamTheWoo's recent video (shot from the LMA bleachers, not backstage), they haven't done a single thing back there yet as it would seem. Walt's plane still sitting there to rot away too. Hopefully they get to work on that area when they start TSL as you mention.
There is a bunch of prep work to do before they can start. What we are seeing is the permit stage. It will take a while to get every single detail planned out with appropriate approval permits.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just an update on this permit... Disney needed to provide more information before the permit could be approved and they had filed for a 15 day extension to provide this. They are supposed to provide the information on December 1st.

Disney has provided the additional information requested so the permit can go back under review. The current review completion data is December 23rd.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management District for a modification to this permit. The changes include small reconfigurations of the Osceola Parkway ramp and the access road. The modification also adds a temporary conveyor belt that will be used to carry dirt from the excavation of the new retention pond over to the park where it will be used for fill. I guess they decided that this would be more efficient then trying to move it with trucks.

The modification to the Osceola ramp is interesting because it shows what appears to be the start of an extension all the way to World Drive. Maybe this will become the new Osceola to World Drive ramp when all the work is done.

Capture.JPG

*Q*

Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management District for a modification to this permit. The changes include small reconfigurations of the Osceola Parkway ramp and the access road. The modification also adds a temporary conveyor belt that will be used to carry dirt from the excavation of the new retention pond over to the park where it will be used for fill. I guess they decided that this would be more efficient then trying to move it with trucks.

The modification to the Osceola ramp is interesting because it shows what appears to be the start of an extension all the way to World Drive. Maybe this will become the new Osceola to World Drive ramp when all the work is done.

View attachment 134186

The logistics of this particular project are just absolutely mind-boggling.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The logistics of this particular project are just absolutely mind-boggling.

Yeah, lots of different pieces that need to come together. What concerns me at this point is that they are still in the permitting process for the access road which means that road is still a ways off. I wonder how much work they are going to do within the park before this road get's built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom