Chinese Theatre spires

BrerJon

Amazing news, we heard the rumours but I pretty much assumed they'd not actually get around to it in my lifetime. It looks so good now, let's hope it survives the overhaul! Now let's just remove the ugly metal stage, and all will be well.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Great pics Steve, when does Summer Fun end? The last pic was the one I was looking for most, to see how badly the stage obscures even the view of the spires.

Honestly, it's that Jumbotron screen that hangs down behind the stage that does it for me, though the whole stage is indeed ugly. But if they would move that screen to the side, it would really help open up some view of the theater.

Clamman73

It looks to me like they're wrapped in some kind of black protective covering so as not to damage the character paint when being lifted into place.
Yes hopefully....the look as original
image.jpg

roj2323

I just wanted to point out that the only reason I believe these Spires are back is because WE demanded it. The community was polite but made their opinion known. The fact of the matter is the spires didn't exist anymore. Disney had to have them made and this only came about way after the BAH started coming down. Even after the permit was filed it was still 3 or 4 months before they finally went up.

Congrats

Magenta Panther

I just wanted to point out that the only reason I believe these Spires are back is because WE demanded it. The community was polite but made their opinion known. The fact of the matter is the spires didn't exist anymore. Disney had to have them made and this only came about way after the BAH started coming down. Even after the permit was filed it was still 3 or 4 months before they finally went up.

Congrats

woman_power.jpg

DisneyGentleman

Closest analogue, in terms of removed park-relics, would be the old Epcot fountain lucite spire. If four Grau/Mann's Chinese Theatre spires can be re-fabricated and reinstalled, then there's no excuse for not re-fabricating and reinstalling that aforementioned bad boy.
And getting rid of the granite mausoleum effect too! Bring back the flower gardens!

roj2323

Brilliant! So glad they're back.

Now, about that stage....
Really! I am looking forward to Coolest summer ever Ending for this reason alone. It would have been nice if they had given us at least a week before they put the stage up. anyway the event ends soon (sept 7th) so hopefully we will get some time without the stage in a few weeks.

note2001

Closest analogue, in terms of removed park-relics, would be the old Epcot fountain lucite spire. If four Grau/Mann's Chinese Theatre spires can be re-fabricated and reinstalled, then there's no excuse for not re-fabricating and reinstalling that aforementioned bad boy.

THIS, YES! ... may I add... and restore the smooth fountain surface and cascade of water from the edges, that was broken up by adhering bricks to it.

And getting rid of the granite mausoleum effect too! Bring back the flower gardens!

Yes, yes, please yes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom