Frozen in Fantasmic?

MagicHappens1971

Because if they replaced Pocahontas with Frozen everyone on these boards would complain about the "Frozenication" of DisneyWorld.

They added Princess & the Frog and Tangled as well so all the recent princesses are represented. Only other Disney Animation missing worth noting are Wreck It Ralph and Big Hero Six but I'm not sure they fit. Home on the Range and Chicken Little aren't worth adding really. It could be argued that Tiana & Naveen, Rapunzal & Flynn and Anna & Kristoff (or Elsa) should be on the Princess barges instead of Ariel?
Nah leave Ariel alone. Sorry not sorry.

Twilight_Roxas

How about they get rid of Snow White? She's the least interesting Disney Princess
1.She is the first Disney Princess.
2.The evil queen appears after Snow White in the show. As for the mist screens in the princess segment they could show Tiana & Naveen, and Anna & Kristoff while Rapunzel & Flynn could appear on a barge or boat for I see the light with either real or projected lanterns.

Matt_Black

Yes Frozen is insanely popular but what about the other Disney Animated movies that came out after Hercules?

Well, not counting what was recently added, you don't have much you could really add. Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Wreck-It Ralph, and Big Hero 6, and I'm not sure those last 3 would fit, thematically. Tarzan would make sense, but there might be rights issues. Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, and Meet the Robinsons were liked by those who saw it for the most part, but they didn't reach a wide audience. Brother Bear, Chicken Little, and Home on the Range are often ranked among the worst Disney films (I think that's unfair for Brother Bear, but your mileage may vary).

champdisney

Well, not counting what was recently added, you don't have much you could really add. Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Wreck-It Ralph, and Big Hero 6, and I'm not sure those last 3 would fit, thematically. Tarzan would make sense, but there might be rights issues. Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, and Meet the Robinsons were liked by those who saw it for the most part, but they didn't reach a wide audience. Brother Bear, Chicken Little, and Home on the Range are often ranked among the worst Disney films (I think that's unfair for Brother Bear, but your mileage may vary).
I liked Brother Bear, it's a nice authentic story. It's definitely no Lion King but it's still a decent film, and a property that would fit thematically well with DAK. Going back to my issue on Fantasmic. I don't mind Disney adding brief sequences of Frozen, Tangled, and Princess and the Frog. However, I mind when it's added to an old video package. Basically, I'm hoping for an entirely new montage with old and modern classics. I understand that by doing that they'll probably have to upgrade the entire show... Which they need to do anyway.

Fantasmic came at a time where Disney was celebrating it's animated history. I believe that an upgraded Fantasmic should celebrate a legacy and a future. They'll need to add Pixar characters as well as Star Wars. (Wouldn't it be awesome witnessing Mickey dueling Darth Vader at night? Lightsabers galore!) Assemble a new cast of villains, change show sequences like Pocahontas and the Jungle/Lion King. Change everything but always keep the story the same, Mickey's having a new dream that turns into a nightmare Fantasmic!

pax_65

Pocahontas was released in 1995. It's a fine animated film (with great music) but it's not really a Disney classic - not on the same page as Little Mermaid, Lion King, Beauty & the Beast and yes, Frozen. The reason it's featured so prominently in Fantasmic is because the show opened in 1996. I wonder how many children today have seen the film. (Although I'm sure some parents, like my wife and I, show these films to their kids prior to visiting WDW so they can better appreciate the references.)

I have no issue with them adding Frozen to Fantasmic. My biggest issue is that this is a band-aid on the real problem, which is that the show is in desperate need of a major update - or better yet, a new show entirely.

Jon81uk

They'll need to add Pixar characters as well as Star Wars. (Wouldn't it be awesome witnessing Mickey dueling Darth Vader at night? Lightsabers galore!)

I agree that a new Fantasmic with that same dream/nightmare theme would work well. But I disagree that Star Wars should be added. Star Wars, Marvel and Mickey Mouse exist in different universes and should be left alone. While some Pixar could work, others aren't set in the same sort of fantasyland as Mickey so won't work. For example Toy Story is real world toys, so don't fit with Mickey, but Brave is a fantasy version of history so would sort of be OK.

Last edited:

Kman101

Snow White was the first princess. She's still visible in a lot of things they promote. If anything it's become "Aurora who?" especially after another popular blonde (Rapunzel) basically took her spot. Aurora constantly gets booted. She was booted from the Festival of Fantasy parade and the meet and grope for Frozen. I mean, her prince, Maleficent and the fairies get more time than she does. At least she has her own castle in two parks. LOL

Matt_Black

I mean, her prince, Maleficent and the fairies get more time than she does.

Which actually makes sense, because they get more time in the movie. I love Aurora to bits, but let's be honest- from a character standpoint, she's probably the least developed of any of the princesses. There's nothing about her that isn't really represented with the others. Oh, she's nice, animals love her, and she sings? That's not unique.

YodaMan

I know that not every single character appears every night on the riverboat and that sometimes they switch things up for a performance or too, but just an FYI that both Mary Poppins and Bert have been AWOL from both shows for the past two nights. I'm curious to know if they're gone again tonight.

Twilight_Roxas

I agree that a new Fantasmic with that same dream/nightmare theme would work well. But I disagree that Star Wars should be added. Star Wars, Marvel and Mickey Mouse exist in different universes and should be left alone. While some Pixar could work, others aren't set in the same sort of fantasyland as Mickey so won't work. For example Toy Story is real world toys, so don't fit with Mickey, but Brave is a fantasy version of history so would sort of be OK.
Big Hero 6 is both Disney, and Marvel.

ToTBellHop

I have to agree. I haven't seen the DL version in person, but in videos the dragon is very static. Though ours is nothing more than a head on a stick, there is an eerie kinetic vibe that she gives off during the show. I think if there was a way to get a more powerful 'breathing fire' effect, our dragon would be top notch.
I agree. While there's not much to our dragon, there doesn't have to be. It's a nighttime show. I'm sure she looks ridiculous in daylight though! As you say, though, until they can get her fire effect back to going all the way into the water, the illusion of lighting the water on fire is ruined.

FigmentJedi

Although it is based on a comic book it was made by Disney Animation not Marvel Studios so I count it more as Disney. Like Cinderella being based on a Hans Christian Anderson story.

Your thinking of Brothers Grimm.

You're both wrong. Disney's Cinderella is based on the Charles Perrault version, which is the source of the whole glass slipper thing, the result of a mistranslation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom