Frozen in Fantasmic?

FigmentJedi

I wouldn't mind if one of the villains excluding the Queen, Ursula, Chernabog, and Maleficent is replace by Dr.Facilier. As for the Frozen in Fantasmic I would see that replacing Monstro part with Let It Go with new animation of Mickey shown in the Tokyo Fantasmic, and World of Color: Celebrate, but only in the winter version, and Frozen event. Oh, and the flowers part would be replace by the winter fairies from Fantasia.
I think we've got more then enough of Let it Go in American Nighttime park shows. Keep it out of Fantasmic.

I'd be fine with bumping off a few villains from the montage for a Facilier and Friends on the Other Side sequence though. Of course the real crackpot "Let's differentiate the East and West Coast Fantasmics in a big way" idea I'd want to see would be a seasonal Star Wars edition with Palpatine leading the villain charge

Twilight_Roxas

I think we've got more then enough of Let it Go in American Nighttime park shows. Keep it out of Fantasmic.

I'd be fine with bumping off a few villains from the montage for a Facilier and Friends on the Other Side sequence though. Of course the real crackpot "Let's differentiate the East and West Coast Fantasmics in a big way" idea I'd want to see would be a seasonal Star Wars edition with Palpatine leading the villain charge
Because on youtube there's a cut version of Let It Go from World of Color back when Elsa was originally a villain. The idea is after she sang the last part of Let It Go Elsa's magic spirals out of control, and the blizzard drags Mickey into the darkness like in the original Fantasmic leading to the Pochantas segment.

Sped2424

Because on youtube there's a cut version of Let It Go from World of Color back when Elsa was originally a villain. The idea is after she sang the last part of Let It Go Elsa's magic spirals out of control, and the blizzard drags Mickey into the darkness like in the original Fantasmic leading to the Pochantas segment.
mind stating where that is?

Sped2424

Let it go has been done in every other show. But if they had to do frozen I think this would be more suited for dreams gone wrong narrative of Fantasmic

Make it snow during and end with a blizzard that plummets mickey into another dream.

jrhwdw

The other site has a report about this. It says that rumours are going around that F! may get major work in 2016. Dark for a few months, Frozen getting Poc. Segment and frozen summer fun might not return. I'm hoping at least the Pyro maybe the royal welcome returns.

Sped2424

The other site has a report about this. It says that rumours are going around that F! may get major work in 2016. Dark for a few months, Frozen getting Poc. Segment and frozen summer fun might not return. I'm hoping at least the Pyro maybe the royal welcome returns.
Poc?

Twilight_Roxas

That part of let it go was from a concept version of Winter Dreams before the version without this part came out in 2013. Plus this cut version was made way before Frozen came out.

Nmoody1

I wouldn't mind if one of the villains excluding the Queen, Ursula, Chernabog, and Maleficent is replace by Dr.Facilier. As for the Frozen in Fantasmic I would see that replacing Monstro part with Let It Go with new animation of Mickey shown in the Tokyo Fantasmic, and World of Color: Celebrate, but only in the winter version, and Frozen event. Oh, and the flowers part would be replace by the winter fairies from Fantasia.

If you knew the PITA putting facilier into Villains Tonight caused Disney Cruise Line.... I saw people actually CRYING because facilier is a witch doctor and they didn't think voodoo was very disney. Same reason 'Mickey walks on water' was cut from the show... We don't want to upset the Night of Joy crowd ;)

I think it's high time the whole of Fantasmic was renewed and refreshed - I'm talking scenes, animations, dragons - it's done a great job for nearly 20 years, but COME on! The beauty of Fantasmic being where it is at DHS is they can close that area off and do what work they need to without disrupting the guest experience. Of course there will be those that post here saying 'oh great... I booked a vacation and Fantasmic isn't on' - come back another time! (This is why we can't have nice holiday overlays!)

There is so much potential for that theatre... let's hope a few million was put by in the studios revamp budget for some updates.

Chernabog rising above the mountain anyone?!

mm52200

This one Sped.

I don't think she was evil then even in this version, because every interview that Bobby and Kristen Lopez give about the song talk about how when they wrote Let It Go it changed the course of the whole film and character. After Let it Go Elsa became the heroine she is known as today, Let It Go and evil queen Elsa never co-existed. I think it was just simply a different version of World of Color Winter Dreams.

Twilight_Roxas

I don't think she was evil then even in this version, because every interview that Bobby and Kristen Lopez give about the song talk about how when they wrote Let It Go it changed the course of the whole film and character. After Let it Go Elsa became the heroine she is known as today, Let It Go and evil queen Elsa never co-existed. I think it was just simply a different version of World of Color Winter Dreams.
But you knew this was concept before Frozen came out right?

Sped2424

Well actually they did co exist. While you are right that after let it go is when they realized this character couldn't be evil the song was very much written for Evil Elsa. Kristen and Bobby have an interview floating around where they talk about the lyrics and one of the many things they discuss was the "Let the storm rage on" lines in Let it go. They mentioned those lines were originally written because Elsa was very aware of what she was doing and that was when she was evil. But when they changed her to be good they flipped it to be the metaphorical storm she mentions in for the first time in forever reprise.

Twilight_Roxas

Yes but by the time world of color winter dreams was being done Frozen was already the movie it was when it was headed to theaters.
They could use the cut version, and remove Olaf's lines with Mickey's lines as Elsa's blizzard storm sends Mickey to another dream which is the Pochantas segment.

mm52200

They could use the cut version, and remove Olaf's lines with Mickey's lines as Elsa's blizzard storm sends Mickey to another dream which is the Pochantas segment.
The Monstro segment really isn't that long maybe a minute, making it any longer by replacing it with Let it Go instead wouldn't help with the complaints of the already too lengthy water screen segments.

Twilight_Roxas

The Monstro segment really isn't that long maybe a minute, making it any longer by replacing it with Let it Go instead wouldn't help with the complaints of the already too lengthy water screen segments.
Easy the Winter version could remove the jungle segment, and place something holiday related along with having if its possible Elsa on either the mist screens or on stage for Let It Go.

YodaMan

Well that escalated quickly. Projectors were updated and suddenly rumors fly that the whole show is getting overhauled? For what it's worth I'd like an update, but I'm not really expecting anything as massive as they're suggesting. And to be honest, I prefer the armchair imagineering that had Tangled replacing Pocahontas, not Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom