9/3 - MK Updates / News / Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphieN

It's called being ed off with annoying guest who think that CM's are their slaves.

No one suggested YOU should be there all night but that someone should be at the carts to keep them open. Why can't someone else come out and man the cart? In fact, with your attitude, I would prefer that you stayed backstage all of the time. If there aren't enough people to do the job, more should be hired rather than closing the carts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wow, that bad Jack was terrible looking. i hope that he is an alternate of a alternate. lol

thanks for the update

AdLibSean

The crane at the castle is scheduled to be removed and the pathways reopened the Wednesday before Chirstmas - so, no, not by the 16th of September, November or December methinks.

The Wednesday before Christmas? Don't they film the Christmas special before that? That's cutting it really close if that is indeed true.

MissM

Original Poster
You don't see the crane from in front of the castle. You only see it from behind. So long as the decorations are down by the time they film, you wouldn't notice that it's still being worked on. The side that it's on has the benefit of the small side "building" which hides the crane from the front.

mk-sept06g.jpg

See where the arrow is pointing? That's where it's hiding. So from the front, that small side building completely hides the crane.

:)
-m

MSTINKHERBELL01

The problem with a lot of people on these boards is that they still think working at Disney is some type of fairytale when in fact it's not. Once again I am not meaning to be rude nor harsh...I am just stating facts.

I try hard to ignore silly comments such as this but today I am so in the mood to comment. First off, Disney is a fairytale...to most people who are fans like myself, my family, and most of my friends here on the the board. Keep in mind that while you are there working (suppose to be bringing the Magic to people) we (the guests-key word guests) are in a world of Magic and to be honest, mostly all of the Cast Members provide us with the feeling of Magic which lives in our hearts long after our trip is over. You really should ask the child visiting WDW for his wish (Make a Wish), or the couple exchanging vows there, or the countless parents and grands seeing Disney through the eyes of their children. And you say it's not a fairytale?! I would strongly suggest you back up off of the comments that really are quite ignorant. You obviously lost or never had the Magic and my advice is to find another place to work. And to quote your last comment " I am not meaning to be rude or harsh..I am just stating facts"

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Mouseplanet today said they're not even planning on putting the big tree up until after the parade taping this year, so maybe they've got all kinds of chaos planned.

Usually the tree is used extensively in the show.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Once again...go work for Disney for a few months and you will see what I mean...End of point!

How about you work elsewhere if you feel the need to complain! I am sure Disney did and does not force you to "endure complaining guests". You are free to leave the company and work for a company that has no complaining guests because there are so many out there :rolleyes: I have no need to address you any further...do yourself a favor and HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

kcnole

I'm going to take up for the CM poster. The fact is that it's a fairytale for us visitors, but it's not a very good workplace at all right now for the CM's. The wages are low, the sun is very hot, and the guests can be very demanding. Add in to that the fact that many of the managers don't treat the workers well and I'm surprised they do as good as they do. It is their job to make our job a fairytale trip, but working there is not a fairytale. I would say that it used to be, but not so much anymore. My dad and uncle worked there when the park first opened and the stories they told of how the place was run would make anybody want to work there, I know people who work there now and they hear how it was when my dad worked there and they get very sad.

So next time you want to run to cityhall and complain because John in beverage cart 6 frowned at you and ruined the magic, remember that he's out here in the hot sun and may just have a horrible headache but is doing the best he can. While you're having fun, he's working for very very low wages.

MMP

I work at Disney and for me it is a fairytale, if it isn't for you, maybe you should go somewhere else.

mhead

I'm going to take up for the CM poster. The fact is that it's a fairytale for us visitors, but it's not a very good workplace at all right now for the CM's. The wages are low, the sun is very hot, and the guests can be very demanding. Add in to that the fact that many of the managers don't treat the workers well and I'm surprised they do as good as they do. It is their job to make our job a fairytale trip, but working there is not a fairytale. I would say that it used to be, but not so much anymore. My dad and uncle worked there when the park first opened and the stories they told of how the place was run would make anybody want to work there, I know people who work there now and they hear how it was when my dad worked there and they get very sad.

So next time you want to run to cityhall and complain because John in beverage cart 6 frowned at you and ruined the magic, remember that he's out here in the hot sun and may just have a horrible headache but is doing the best he can. While you're having fun, he's working for very very low wages.

I disagree with all of this. This is his or her job and if they cannot do it correctly or they want to complain - or should I say whine - abuot the fact that they aren't treated very n ice by guests or it is hot or whaa whaa whaa then they can go work elsewhere. There are plenty of other places to work in Orlando.

reptar77

With all your complaining why don't you quit. There are several other places you can work in Orlando that apparently can pay you more. This is a board that for people who enjoy Disney, not a CM complaint forum.
I think this thread has gotten completely off target. To whom started it thanks for the update I enjoyed the pics. I hope you continue posting more updates.

dixiegirl

Thanks kcnole...It's about time someone else stepped up to say what really goes on at Disney.

This whole thread has turned into an argument once again due to the fact that non CMs speak as if they really know whats going on behind the scenes. It's frustrating to think that all of these people seem to think that the so called "magic" that they experience on-stage is the way the whole company is run...well I hate to burst your bubble people...but it's not.

I'm sure there is plenty of room for somemore miserable people at universal:hurl: you should see if they're hiring..............Have a magical dAy!!!!

wedway71

Ok can anybody answer this????

1-when will castle be totally completed?

2-will the spires in fact be patched and repainted as prt of the process?

3-and will any other repainting/refurb work be in works as well??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom