9/29 Both Pandora Attractions Closed

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
LOL, it's a pretty common proverbial phrase in Disney-speak, particularly when discussing rumors. While I think folks realize that not all drivers tell tall tales, it refers to the inevitable posts from people who sign up for the forum in a huff just to make their first post some outrageous proclamation and somehow, the source is almost always...something they heard from a bus driver at WDW. It's generally some really far-out "rumor" like the Matterhorn is coming to the MK, or, to the also connected proverbial "monorail expansion" that is always thisclose to breaking ground ("footers!").

Noooo dont say the Word beginning with the sixth letter of the English alphabet otherwise the Shade of The Professor will be summoned and we will be cursed for all eternity.

BalooChicago

Press any trade to give you a deadline and thy will take worst case scenario plus one week.;)

One of my projects years ago where the CM was involved in preconstruction the running joke on the team was "two weeks and twenty thousand dollars." Any change, from the most frivolous to adding something like an AHU and the PM would say it would add two weeks and twenty thousand dollars. "Oh, you put a period at the end of that sentence? That'll add two weeks and twenty thousand dollars."

That project died, but I fully expected it to be change order city.

Calm Down Rover

Both rides were down for a few hours this morning, but I've come to expect that from new attractions. The most annoying part is that both rides are now clogged up with fast pass holders who weren't able to ride during 9-12, blech.

Driver

LOL, it's a pretty common proverbial phrase in Disney-speak, particularly when discussing rumors. While I think folks realize that not all drivers tell tall tales, it refers to the inevitable posts from people who sign up for the forum in a huff just to make their first post some outrageous proclamation and somehow, the source is almost always...something they heard from a bus driver at WDW. It's generally some really far-out "rumor" like the Matterhorn is coming to the MK, or, to the also connected proverbial "monorail expansion" that is always thisclose to breaking ground ("footers!").
Yeah I kinda gathered that but..... I still think we're getting a bad rap ...... not all bus drivers are BS'ers. But I gotta say I do know a couple that make sport out of making some off the hook stories just to see how gullible people are, and it's kinda amazing how some people swallow it hook,line and sinker. But again that's only a couple.

Tom Morrow

"Disney is so cheap by building two rides in one building!! THIS is what happens when you cheap out, people get screwed over annnnnd oh nevermind it's back open."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The op is correct to flag this up. Having both attractions share one building is causing several issues and will do for the forseeable.

Its not so much the single building it's the shared non-redundant infrastructure.

If power redundancy had been part of the design we would not even be having this discussion as a transformer failure while yes it would trigger a evacuation. The ride itself would be back up after it was inspected . As the bypass switchgear would simply switch from source #1 to source #2 And replacement of the failed transformer would have no operational impact.

Whats so indicative if TDO's short term thinking is this type of redundancy would have cost a few hundred thousand to perhaps 1 million at most. But it will cost disney dearly in downtime over the life of the attraction by not having this capability

I'm also willing to bet that WDI and the electrical engineers on the project strongly recommeded it as this type of system is common anywhere downtime means lost revenue or safety is at stake

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The op is correct to flag this up. Having both attractions share one building is causing several issues and will do for the forseeable.
Well, they can move the power source and build additional capacity to Flight of Passage in the process.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom