9/29 Both Pandora Attractions Closed

trampdog

Original Poster
What happens when you build one building for two rides?

Answer: You get it done cheap but lose redundancy. There was a major transformer failure for the building last night. They are sacrificing the river journey to try and get backup power to FOP. Highly probable both will be closed until sometime late Saturday at which point FOP might be the only one open.

Bolt

Answer: You get it done cheap but lose redundancy. There was a major transformer failure for the building last night. They are sacrificing the river journey to try and get backup power to FOP. Highly probable both will be closed until sometime late Saturday at which point FOP might be the only one open.
Flight of Passage has reopened. You can breathe.

fosse76

Sometimes with tech issues you never know. 300,000 years ago when I worked at Six Flags, maintenance informed me that my coaster would not be opening with the park and for at least three hours after that. So I went down to "host" the ride entrance. The park opens, I turn away about three groups, and before they made it any significant distance from the ride's entrance, I was told the ride is ready and can now open. It happens. o_O

KBLovedDisney

Theme park rides go down, news at 11..in other headlines, old man yells at cloud...
giphy.gif

No Name

Na'vi River Journey is still down. We don't know if all Flight of Passage theaters are up. While both rides aren't closed, it's certainly not ideal.

GlacierGlacier

Has FoP finally managed to have all theaters running at the same time? I hear all the time that they can't seem to get them all online together.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Or you install a power entrance for each attraction sized so each can handle the load of both attractions and add some switchgear to allow either entrance to supply one or both attractions

AEfx

What's this picking on bus driver thing?

LOL, it's a pretty common proverbial phrase in Disney-speak, particularly when discussing rumors. While I think folks realize that not all drivers tell tall tales, it refers to the inevitable posts from people who sign up for the forum in a huff just to make their first post some outrageous proclamation and somehow, the source is almost always...something they heard from a bus driver at WDW. It's generally some really far-out "rumor" like the Matterhorn is coming to the MK, or, to the also connected proverbial "monorail expansion" that is always thisclose to breaking ground ("footers!").

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom