9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishingtree

My wife and I were in the Contemporary (she was getting her hair done) when the planes hit. She was finished and we left right after they announced the Pentagon attack and went to Chef Mickey's. About 10:30 the server told us that they would probably be closing the parks. We went over to the Polynesian and hung out in the lounge and tried to figure out how to get back to PO Riverside since busses had stopped running from the MK. We finally took the monorail to the TTC and they took us back to our resort(another new Disney adventure).
The resorts had extra entertainment and characters sent out to each hotel. There was a phone message sent to all rooms that the parks were tentatively scheduled to open regular time but with extra security.
Hope this answers some of the questions. The airport the following Sat. and the hurricane Friday make it quite the interesting week. I will probably (hopefully) never have a vacation like it again!!!!

Jim

JenLUVSmickey

YOU SHOULD RENAME YOURSELF TO BIGMOUTH RASCAL!!!!

I HAVE AN IDEA EVERYONE: LETS IGNORE THE IDIOT.

IT IS CERTAINLY CLEAR THAT EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT INFORMATION, SO LETS DROP IT.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by JenLUVSmickey
YOU SHOULD RENAME YOURSELF TO BIGMOUTH RASCAL!!!!

I HAVE AN IDEA EVERYONE: LETS IGNORE THE IDIOT.

IT IS CERTAINLY CLEAR THAT EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT INFORMATION, SO LETS DROP IT.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jen, shouldn't you be off playing tiddlywinks or barbie dolls with your other toddler pals?

WEDMagic

I was there 9/12

I was there also on 9/12 they were open. All the parks even the water parks were open. I was sitting at the end of main street near the partners statue at 11:15 am and I assure you they were open.Security was tight but they were open. Theyve only closed twice in the entire history on no more than a day each time.

wanabeimagineer

haha, ok now we've all settled this and realized it was all a big (and very elaborate and well-played) joke so theres not really any point to this subject anymore.

David

Original Poster
Boy, when I started this thread I had no idea it would lead to this. But it summary it appears that:
(a) The Parks closed early and every was returned to their hotels not knowing exactly what had happened.
(b) A refund was offered for the day lost.
(c) The parks reopened on 9/12/01.

Now let's put this baby to bed so Silent Rascal can be just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom