New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

No not at all. I think the people complaining about the stage are being ridiculous and stupid. It is no where near the big deal people are making it out to be.

People need to relax and stop complaining about a stupid stage.
That or people need to stop clicking on the thread about the stage if they do not wish to read opinions of said stage. There's always a camel thread I can recommend.

gmajew

Premium Member
That or people need to stop clicking on the thread about the stage if they do not wish to read opinions of said stage. There's always a camel thread I can recommend.

Actually the thread started with what they were building in space of the hat and a perm ant stage option. Not this thing that is temp.

So I keep reading it for that reason. Not to hear the complaining about the temp stage everyone with a brain knew was coming for starwars weekends

ToTBellHop

Actually the thread started with what they were building in space of the hat and a perm ant stage option. Not this thing that is temp.

So I keep reading it for that reason. Not to hear the complaining about the temp stage everyone with a brain knew was coming for starwars weekends
Rest assured, if you want to read any news about Center Stage at DHS, you need not check back here until mid-September. No news until at least then.

And it is not the case that everyone with a brain knew this was coming. It actually was not the original plan. It would seem they encountered delays following the Hat's demolition.

gmajew

Premium Member
Rest assured, if you want to read any news about Center Stage at DHS, you need not check back here until mid-September. No news until at least then.

And it is not the case that everyone with a brain knew this was coming. It actually was not the original plan. It would seem they encountered delays following the Hat's demolition.

so again like I said those with brains, watching the construction knowing that they needed a stage for these events knew it was coming or a form of it.

But regardless it is here for the summer so we all wait like we have been waiting for any news on this park!

Next Big Thing

This level of show quality is indicative of modern WDW. We have this beautiful stage as the centerpiece of a $100/day theme park that has 5 rides.

Yep, WDW has never been better.
At the very least, if anyone thinks DHS or Epcot have never been better, then they are insane. MK has seen better times as well, but it's doing fine (outside of capacity problems). DAK actually is probably at it's best and only getting better right now.

But DHS and Epcot? They've never been worse. Unfortunately festivals and booze drive attendance and continue to keep the parks afloat.

TP2000

Some pictures from yesterdays trip

img_7483-jpg.92337

Wow. That is really ugly. Just bad.

Bryan W

As much as I don't really like the look of the temp stage since it doesn't fit into the area theming, I do think having some sort of stage in this area is a good idea since it's the best "centrally located hub" this park currently has. DHS to me has always been more of an "entertainment showcase" anyway. It's where Disney can put live events, animation, film, television, etc. all in one spot and it somehow 'fits'. This stage and canopy structure is a good representation of most modern live entertainment outdoor stages. Plus it's very clearly temporary. Permanent Disney stages and venues don't look temporary.

I wonder if they could turn the theater opening into a stage somehow. Integrate the stage and technology elements like lighting to be either retractable or themed. Re-route the entrance to GMR somewhere else as the queue is inside anyway. Then when the "stage" isn't in use the sightlines would be back to the normal theater. If there is a show going on, you'd be able to see it from down the street just like when you're at the MK.

Just spitballin' here. :)

G00fyDad

No not at all. I think the people complaining about the stage are being ridiculous and stupid. It is no where near the big deal people are making it out to be.

People need to relax and stop complaining about a stupid stage.

Your opinion, but you really shouldn't call people stupid because they have one of their own. :rolleyes:

G00fyDad

You keep missing the point. Yes. We knew it was coming. No one is saying that it wasn't so get over yourself. We are upset that they decided to put it back in it's old spot ( or close enough) right after giving us that view back. We're saying that they could have moved the stage to another location. Why am I trying to explain this to you? You'll never get it. :banghead:

flynnibus

Premium Member
something 'temporary' they put up the majority of the year is not really 'temporary' in the sense of disruption to guests. Kind of like the train wreck happening in WS.. where if we run more and more events, the booths are gone less and less.

As for all the 'what do you expect' crowd... we expect Disney to stop shatting on their parks in the name of short term special events. The park is full of dead space... put the event stage somewhere where its NOT going to take away from other existing stuff.

Next Big Thing

Are people honestly incapable of understanding the pages of noting that this structure has been in use for years and a smaller, more temporary stage will be built after this comes down in September?

I mean seriously, enough with the BAH comparisons. This thing could come down overnight if they needed it to.

gmajew

Premium Member
And those in the know knew it shouldn't have ended up as bad as this again.

Those with brains (as you put it) were hoping the view wouldn't be trashed again.

We all were hoping Marni. We are still hoping. Just don't see the point in constant bashing that it did not get done if this is just the temp fix and stage as everyone keeps saying.

What ever the insiders thought or plans they were told did not get done in time as people has stated. The good news is the hat is gone and the view will be back soon. Unless this is the new hat.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Are people honestly incapable of understanding the pages of noting that this structure has been in use for years and a smaller, more temporary stage will be built after this comes down in September?

And this has been confirmed by what? And what is to say this smaller stage won't be surplanted by this 'temporary' big stage again in the future?

The problem here is the park management priorities.

Let's ignore this whole streets of america area.. and huge plazas and spaces... and throw these stupid stages up smack in the middle of the park and blare all kinds of random music or pop crap from them.

ToTBellHop

I mean seriously, enough with the BAH comparisons. This thing could come down overnight if they needed it to.
You mean more permanent, right? What they will build and should have built this spring won't be going anywhere. I hope it is not such a vertical monstrosity, though. Something like the Castle stage wold be marginally acceptable to me. If they feel they need a stag and can put something worthwhile on it year-round. That said, does DHS really need ANOTHER stage show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom