Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

HMF

For some of us, Martin, this rather nonchalant post of yours (seriously, it 's almost cruel to just drop something like this willy nilly!) is like a Doomsday clock countdown to Armageddon. Will RoE still be around in March 2018 (he asks selfishly)?

Now I admit that IllumiNations is long overdue for a proper refresh, but my goodness it's going to be hard to say goodbye to the current show. I don't know how anything in the pipeline could come close to matching the symbolism, meaning, and story of Reflections of Earth.

I can hear the new opening monologue now...

"Good evening. On behalf of Bob Iger, a man who's Scrooge McDuck-like dreams have come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot, our themed shopping mall with a $100 cover charge.

We're gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered, for thousands of years before us - to share the light, but not the wealth, and to share, a story. An amazing story, of how Bob Iger's vision has driven Disney's stock price through the roof, and how that's still not enough.

And though many of you may be tired of synergy and character overlays at our theme parks, Bob Iger believes that profit maximization truly emerges, when a company brings all of its franchises and properties together, as one.

We hope you enjoy our synergistic marketing advertisement tonight..."
(Blows out torches.)

jrhwdw

For some of us, Martin, this rather nonchalant post of yours (seriously, it 's almost cruel to just drop something like this willy nilly!) is like a Doomsday clock countdown to Armageddon. Will RoE still be around in March 2018 (he asks selfishly)?

Now I admit that IllumiNations is long overdue for a proper refresh, but my goodness it's going to be hard to say goodbye to the current show. I don't know how anything in the pipeline could come close to matching the symbolism, meaning, and story of Reflections of Earth.

"Good evening. On behalf of Bob Iger, a man who's Scrooge McDuck-like dreams have come true, we welcome all of you to Epcot, our themed shopping mall with a $100 cover charge.

We're gathered here tonight, around the fire, as people of all lands have gathered, for thousands of years before us - to share the light, but not the wealth, and to share, a story. An amazing story, of how Bob Iger's vision has driven Disney's stock price through the roof, and how that's still not enough.

And though many of you may be tired of synergy and character overlays at our theme parks, Bob Iger believes that profit maximization truly emerges, when a company brings all of its franchises and properties together, as one.

I'm not afraid to admit that Disney hasn't been perfect with two of their offerings this year: ROL which hopefully opens soon and the MSEP fiasco.
But I'm also not ready to give up on TDO. If it's just Frozen and Capt.America or GOD FORBID nothing at all, then we can go over the edge.

FigmentForver96

I read that in the voice lol. It sounds to real :cry:

yensidtlaw1969

So, using my math-ish skills . . . Fall 2018/Spring 2019? Those sound like the only way for ROE to play in March 2018 but have the new show "way before" WDW's 50th.

hpyhnt 1000

So, using my math-ish skills . . . Fall 2018/Spring 2019? Those sound like the only way for ROE to play in March 2018 but have the new show "way before" WDW's 50th.

Could be a Summer 2018 debut, which makes sense for a number of reasons (planning/construction timeline, crowds, marketing).

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
IMG_3959.JPG
Has Moroco always been dark during illuminations?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes the Morocco pavilion does not "participate" in the show due to the fact some of the buildings represented have religious significance. Norway is also dark during the show to add a sense of balance. That's the longstanding story I've always heard. Is it true, I don't know.
Morocco is for religious beliefs.

Norway is because the pavilion wasn't complete when the lighting package was overhauled in 1987/8. And it's not been added in 29 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom