Aurora and Snow White moving to new meet and greet locations on Sunday

Kman101

It also didn't seem very smart the other way too, because you had Aurora or the sisters just standing there for a couple of minutes while guests interacted with either Aurora or the sisters, which to me, is time wasted when another family could have already been meeting one of them. Now you see one sister, then the other and done. It makes a lot more sense.

wdrive

It sounds contradictory, but splitting them up speeds up the line and increases the time guests spends with A & E. How...lets say the average guest spent 2 minutes with A & E and 2 minutes (or slightly less) with Aurora. The fastest the line can move is one group of guests every 2 minutes (or 30 guests per hour per line). Now, take Aurora out and split up the girls. Because there is less interaction between the girls, each guest spends 1.5 minutes with each. A total of 3 minutes is now spent with the sisters (all be it individually), but the line moves every 1.5 minutes (or 40 guests per hour).

Also, is it possible that since there are not as many "friends" or Aurora needed for her new location that some of these friends might be assisting A & E instead?

That is my point but the other way around.

If you used your example and had Anna and Elsa standing next to each other when you meet them you would spend 2 minutes with both of them then be done. How it is now you are spending 1.5 minutes with each of them making a total of 3 minutes instead of the 2 if they are together.

Much-Pixie-Dust

I understand the Seven Dwarfs come out for special events, but how great would it have been to add a M&G with Snow White and at least one of the Dwarfs nearby?
On Sunday morning, she was meeting on Center Street by herself for some sets, but Dopey would come out during some sets too. We were able to get a picture of them together.:happy: Wait time was not long when we went.

lebeau

It also didn't seem very smart the other way too, because you had Aurora or the sisters just standing there for a couple of minutes while guests interacted with either Aurora or the sisters, which to me, is time wasted when another family could have already been meeting one of them. Now you see one sister, then the other and done. It makes a lot more sense.

It may be more efficient, but I think it lessens the experience. I don't mind the loss of Aurora. But it's a shame to separate the sisters. Meeting Anna and then meeting Elsa separately is not as rewarding as meeting Anna and Elsa.

I'm glad we got to see them before they got sent to their own corners.

Kman101

It may be more efficient, but I think it lessens the experience. I don't mind the loss of Aurora. But it's a shame to separate the sisters. Meeting Anna and then meeting Elsa separately is not as rewarding as meeting Anna and Elsa.

I'm glad we got to see them before they got sent to their own corners.

I agree it's a shame to separate them, even though they are still in the same room together, just not meeting together. So, Disney can now argue you still can meet them "together". But I agree that it's probably more rewarding to have them interact with each other and the guests. Why couldn't they separate the room and have Anna/Elsa Pair #1 in one section of the large room and then Anna/Elsa Pair #2 in the other section, split it up that way, but then that would mean more "friends" and I have no clue if it's even big enough to do that in there (haven't gone in there and probably never will anytime soon, LOL)

mm52200

On Sunday morning, she was meeting on Center Street by herself for some sets, but Dopey would come out during some sets too. We were able to get a picture of them together.:happy: Wait time was not long when we went.
I've been noticing recently that randomly Dopey will join Snow White and sometimes the Penguins will join Mary Poppins on Main St. Nice to know, that these characters will randomly pop up still.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Very nice they're using Dopey at times. Probably to get more people to stop and see her? I noticed the Penguins with Mary Poppins at the 24 hour event, I assumed it was just for that but also nice to know they pop up with her not just for special events.
It was random for sure. Snow was meeting with a very minimal line and Dopey came out a service door from Central Street. I had never been on that street or even noticed it in all of my trips. We were back there with the Family Magic Tour when we saw this take place. It is such a quaint street too, shaded and benches. It will now be my "go-to" place when I need a bit of a break at MK.

dreamfinder

I agree it's a shame to separate them, even though they are still in the same room together, just not meeting together. So, Disney can now argue you still can meet them "together". But I agree that it's probably more rewarding to have them interact with each other and the guests. Why couldn't they separate the room and have Anna/Elsa Pair #1 in one section of the large room and then Anna/Elsa Pair #2 in the other section, split it up that way, but then that would mean more "friends" and I have no clue if it's even big enough to do that in there (haven't gone in there and probably never will anytime soon, LOL)

Doesn't really work with the room setup. Ensuring a wide enough lane for handicapped conveyances, as well as sufficient space for M&G doesn't let them split the room up further really. And it doesn't really help the line issue at all. As pointed out, guests get more time with A&E collectively, while still speeding up the line. Not to mention I had seen reports that finding friends for those two was difficult.

Matt_Black

If only they had somehow known that the princess line would expand from to 13 characters by 2013, they could have built PFH accordingly.

If. Only. They. Could. Have. Had. Some. Way. Of. Knowing.

They didn't know. Inclusion in the Princess line-up hinges on many things, notably the film's commercial and critical success. You'll note that Princess Eilonwy and Princess Kida aren't included. Considering that many folks saw the initial trailers for Frozen and said, "Oh, that looks terrible", you can't really blame Disney on this one.

GiveMeTheMusic

They didn't know. Inclusion in the Princess line-up hinges on many things, notably the film's commercial and critical success. You'll note that Princess Eilonwy and Princess Kida aren't included. Considering that many folks saw the initial trailers for Frozen and said, "Oh, that looks terrible", you can't really blame Disney on this one.

Sure can. Anyone could have told you Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida and Anna/Elsa would have been added to the line - Kida and Eilonwy don't jive with the princess brand of beautiful girls in fairy tale or romantic stories. Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna and Elsa all fit the standard princess mold with little variation, and their inclusion in DCP's line has nothing to do with box office success or Tiana wouldn't have made the cut. These decisions are made well in advance of a film's release date. Anybody with a brain at Disney could have looked at the release pipeline and made a strong educated guess that those girls would join the line. It's not brain surgery, but we are talking about Disney here, where the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing most of the time.

Imagineering and park ops don't have to rely on trailers, which marketing skews how they see fit. They can get complete access to a movie in production at WDAS or Pixar for character info, music, scenes, etc.

Matt_Black

Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna and Elsa all fit the standard princess mold with little variation, and their inclusion in DCP's line has nothing to do with box office success or Tiana wouldn't have made the cut.

Box office isn't the only factor. The amount of merchandise moved is an important factor too. Chicken Little and Brother Bear had impressive box offices considering they're from the "Dark Age", and yet of that period, the only film represented in the parks is Stitch, because Lilo & Stitch still moves merch.

GiveMeTheMusic

Box office isn't the only factor. The amount of merchandise moved is an important factor too. Chicken Little and Brother Bear had impressive box offices considering they're from the "Dark Age", and yet of that period, the only film represented in the parks is Stitch, because Lilo & Stitch still moves merch.

And those films don't have princesses in them. I was saying a new princess character being added to DCP's princess line has nothing to do with box office; which has nothing to do with Chicken Little, Brother Bear or Stitch.

Matt_Black

And those films don't have princesses in them. I was saying a new princess character being added to DCP's princess line has nothing to do with box office; which has nothing to do with Chicken Little, Brother Bear or Stitch.

And I never mentioned box office. My precise words were "critical and commercial success", the latter of which includes home video and merchandise. The entire point of the franchise is to sell dresses and other items to little girls. It is a marketing and merchandising franchise first and foremost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom