More additions to Disney's Polynesian Resort confirmed, including a hot tub and new Pineapple Lenai

jt04

Plenty of room at DTD by Cirque to build such a resort (if it were a hotel tower) and it would be the perfect thing to feed the shops, restaurants and bars.

Personally I think this might recreate PI's problems of the past. I'd like to see an entirely new resort (the FC property would have been ideal) or repurposing an existing resort. Coronado Springs seems ideal if they went that route.

IMO.

Bocabear

The PI problems seemed to stem from young people...older teens and college kids drinking... An Adult Resort would probably not be in the All-Star price point, so underage drinking would probably not be a huge problem...
Coronado Springs would make a good resort, but it is connected to nothing. It would be nice to have it either next to DTD or EPCOT not sure what the FC resort is...

John

They are taking the stream out too? I had not heard that.....So it will be another "event lawn" like they did with the Disneyland resort claiming that guests were asking for an open lawn space...so they tore out the iconic horseshoe falls and now there is a flat plain lawn....because "guests were asking for a lawn"... Well..it is going to be interesting...By removing all the features that make the property special I am wondering how they will be able to claim that “Once completed, the iconic resort hotel will be completely re-imagined with a level of detail as only Disney can deliver.”

Yup, if you go to Tikiman's site he has more info.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/

BoarderPhreak

No, I don't expect Disney to enforce it... No place that has rules like that ever enforce them. I would expect that parents would be responsible enough to make sure that their kids follow the rules that have been set.
Haha! Why do you think the kids act that way in the first place? ;)

Mammymouse

We have never stayed at the Polynesian because we are DVC, but I very much would like to. We have eaten in "Ohana's and always loved to walk around the beautiful Grand Ceremonial Hall, admiring the waterfall and plantings. Removing them is very upsetting to me and I don't see how they will give guests that immersed feeling that is Disney's trademark of their resorts without them. A bar and gift shop just won't do it for me. It's another nostalgic thing from the past I guess I will have to let go of.

Ignohippo

The PI problems seemed to stem from young people...older teens and college kids drinking... An Adult Resort would probably not be in the All-Star price point, so underage drinking would probably not be a huge problem...
Coronado Springs would make a good resort, but it is connected to nothing. It would be nice to have it either next to DTD or EPCOT not sure what the FC resort is...

Exactly. You'd have an influx of adults with more discretionary income and a bit more of a City Walk atmosphere. It would finally give adults an excuse to plan trips to Disney without the kids.

slappy magoo

Per the CDC and the Red Cross, no children under age 5 should be allowed in hot tubs, explaining that "children cannot cope physically with the heat, which may cause hyperthermia and other harmful effects." Small children have a different body temperature regulation system than adults and they will overheat much more quickly. So responsible parents should not let their small children be in the hot tubs, no matter how well-behaved they may be.
I think posting this would do much more good than posting a "rule" on the minimum age of people in the hot tub.

"No one under the age of 5 is allowed to enter the hot tub." "#$&! you, Disney, for what you charge my kids can do whateeeeever they want!"
"Per the CDC & Red Cross, children under the age of 5 are at serious health risk if they enter a hot tub." "Holy crap, TIMMY get out of that hot tub now!"

Soarin' Over Pgh

I think posting this would do much more good than posting a "rule" on the minimum age of people in the hot tub.

"No one under the age of 5 is allowed to enter the hot tub." "#$&! you, Disney, for what you charge my kids can do whateeeeever they want!"
"Per the CDC & Red Cross, children under the age of 5 are at serious health risk if they enter a hot tub." "Holy crap, TIMMY get out of that hot tub now!"

Naah. You'd get "my precious little snowflake is more mature and can handle it" instead of the last statement.

tikiman

When I was at the Grand Californian last January the hot tub was full of little kids. Only two adults were in the hot tub because there was no room. There are two things I see from many parents at Disney. They have no common sense or courtesy and show little to no respect for anyone so what do you expect their kids to be like.

jt04

FC is Flamingo Crossing.

Why I like CS is that it can be associated with DAK and a potential new entertainment area on the resort grounds. There is plenty of land. I armchair imagineered the idea of a group of buildings that are themed to the prohibition era. They could be 'hidden' in the nearby woods/swamps. They could also connect the resort to the nearby waterpark. Possibly by gandola cars. They could open the park in the evenings for adults after the park has been cleared from the daytime crowd. They could pretty much charge ridiculous premium room rates if they did this. IMO.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, May 21. The grass area behind the Polynesian Resort Village lobby was always difficult to keep green and growing, so it has been replaced by the same synthetic grass as in the Magic Kingdom hub fireworks viewing area.

IMG_7934.JPG

bethymouse

The Grand Floridian has quite a few of those "grassy areas". Last year, when we stayed at GF, they were replacing some of the "sod". I always think of the sign "Keep off the grass".;)

ThemeParkJunkee

I am very confused. I thought all deluxe resorts already had hot tubs. The Beach Club had a bunch (all of which were needing a new heating element during our stay so they gave us permission to use the one at the Villas. Am I missing something or is this an announcement of an additional hot tub area?

Jon81uk

I am very confused. I thought all deluxe resorts already had hot tubs. The Beach Club had a bunch (all of which were needing a new heating element during our stay so they gave us permission to use the one at the Villas. Am I missing something or is this an announcement of an additional hot tub area?

This is an old thread. The construction is all done. WDWTraveller was just adding more photos of the finished construction.

prberk

Gee I can pay a grand per night to walk on AstroTurf where do I sign up...

Groovy. Well, at least the Astro Turf would match the Brady's staircase that used to be near that section of the building! Just need a nice wine-colored 1970 Chevy Station Wagon to pull up next to Peter and Bobby playing football on the Astro Turf to complete the scene. :D

(Not sure if that staircase is still there, but I liked it. Some people complained that the staircase dated the building as a '70s structure, but I loved it -- and always wanted my family to pose along the steps as the Brady Bunch.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom