2014 Eat to the Beat concert series performer line-up announced

fmingo36

Going to be there the last day of the Festival; hopefully it won't be TOO crowded since it's a Monday. Looks like I'll be dancing to Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Looks like I'll be doing a little eating, drinking and swinging!

monorail81

I am disappointed not to see Edwin McCain's name on the list. He is a very good artist and I was happy he was there last year. 30 minutes just isn't enough for any of them to perform.

tribbleorlfl

Glad to see Sister Hazel on the schedule as always, such a good band. Saw them at their last-minute BBandBBQ concert at SeaWorld back in Feb actually found the setting more enjoyable than Epcot. It was more laid-back and because it was only the one concert, they played a full hour+ set (not the abbreviated ones they do for Food & Wine).

Curious to see why they've dropped Taylor Hicks off the schedule the past couple years. He seemed to be there every year like many of the performers and then all of the sudden, Nada. Anyone have some inside info? You want to talk about an awesome concert, I've never quite gotten into a jam like Hicks and Soul Patrol.

Communicore

Glad to see Sister Hazel on the schedule as always, such a good band. Saw them at their last-minute BBandBBQ concert at SeaWorld back in Feb actually found the setting more enjoyable than Epcot. It was more laid-back and because it was only the one concert, they played a full hour+ set (not the abbreviated ones they do for Food & Wine).

Curious to see why they've dropped Taylor Hicks off the schedule the past couple years. He seemed to be there every year like many of the performers and then all of the sudden, Nada. Anyone have some inside info? You want to talk about an awesome concert, I've never quite gotten into a jam like Hicks and Soul Patrol.
How many times can they play "All For You" over and over?

Spikerdink

Was hoping that the Go-Go's would play again, but heard that one of them (cough, cough, Belinda, cough) was rude to people at the BW where they were staying and someone told me they were 'one and done' because of it. Oh, well. I will see them July 3 on Long Island. Can't hate that!

Manhattan Transfer was another band I wanted to see last year, but not enough money in the account to fly from NY twice in a month....

Still some interesting acts...would not sit for all three sets, but would give a short listen. Especially if they gave the Disney Visa priority seating again. Free designer soft drinks in the American Experience AND decent seating. I'm there.

Matt_Black

I was hoping the Spin Doctors would show up again, because they were fun. Especially the bits in between songs.

"It's a dream to perform here, because I love this place. I came here for my 8th birthday back in 1974; the monorail was SO futuristic."

LucyK

SO mad they put BIIM on the weekend before we arrive! It's been so long since I last saw them live and I was counting on seeing them at F&W.

slappy magoo

I'm too old to appreciate Hanson
I don't know how old you are. I think I'm too old to appreciate them, too but this video seems tailor made to old fogies. An homage to the Shake Your Tailfeather/Ray Charles musical number in The Blues Brothers, and bonus points for letting Weird Al Yankovic totally mock the "dancing" style of Murphy Dunne, who was the keyboard player in the movie (replacing Paul Shaffer who was their original keyboard/bandleader/music arranger) but had nothing to do in a scene where Ray freakin' Charles is playing, so he took a tambourine and tried his best to have a reason to be there...

Tigger1988

Especially if they gave the Disney Visa priority seating again. Free designer soft drinks in the American Experience AND decent seating. I'm there.
Can someone elaborate on this? This year will be the first time my trip coincides with acts I actually WANT to see (BIIM and David Cook) so I'm curious to see how this priority seating works.

Spikerdink

Can someone elaborate on this? This year will be the first time my trip coincides with acts I actually WANT to see (BIIM and David Cook) so I'm curious to see how this priority seating works.
are you a Disney Visa card holder? If so, you go to the American Experience around when WS opens. Head to the right side of the main doors. (They will most likely have a CM working a rope line. show your Visa card and they let you up to the Chase lounge. you can take the stairs (I wanted the exercise) or take the elevator.... Once you go in, to the right is a small bar (beer/wine at the usual prices) and a Coke machine that allows you to create some cool combinations. Raspberry coke? Orange coke? strawberry sprite? Mmmm.....yes, please. No charge for the soft drinks. although they did frown on me taking a coffee cup (held a lot more) rather than using the small cup to dispense the soda.

Anyway, if you go back down the hall to the left of the lounge there is an area that overlooks the courtyard that has chairs, couches, televisions and charging stations for your phones. Very cool - all kinds of adapters there!! While there, if you want to have the priority seating, you ask for a wrist band. That gives you priority seating for (I think) the 6 pm show. You will line up to the left (looking at the stage - the right side is the stand by line who wants to get as close as they can. There was one guy there last year for the Go-Go's who HAD to be 75+. Waited all day to get the 'good seats'. The Go-Go's came on and he promptly fell asleep.) When they seat you, you are in the first section out from the 'floor' seating. [Not sure how else to describe it...you are not in the first three or four rows, but after the aisle that separates the sections, that is where they seat the Chase people....] Decent seating and you don't have to wait in line for three hours to get second row seats for the band. (Which I admit, I did. I do love the Go-Go's.....)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom