Disney Springs development to bring massive expansion to Buena Vista Drive

mm121

you mean the anti-corrosion coating?... doubt they could put a coating on it and still be within code

not all bridges are that color, i'm sure they could paint it if they wanted to, they'd just have to be sure the paint didnt add too much weight to the structure of the bridge

mm121

The already completed work on the roadway in that area tells me no.
thats what i was thinking too, thats unfortunate though.

the idea of eliminating as many stop lights as possible was a great plan and would have allowed for unrestricted bus access

roj2323

thats what i was thinking too, thats unfortunate though.

the idea of eliminating as many stop lights as possible was a great plan and would have allowed for unrestricted bus access
It's something they could fairly easily add in the future but I can understand why they didn't do it now. Truth is it's a very expensive option so I can understand why they decided to cut it in favor of a stop light.

mm121

It's something they could fairly easily add in the future but I can understand why they didn't do it now. Truth is it's a very expensive option so I can understand why they decided to cut it in favor of a stop light.
agreed cost was a factor, though i dont see them ever going back to change it

just seems like alot of effort to build special bus lanes creating almost direct non stop access thru the most trafficked section of LBV just to then stop the buses at the entrance

dstrawn9889

not all bridges are that color, i'm sure they could paint it if they wanted to, they'd just have to be sure the paint didnt add too much weight to the structure of the bridge
you do realize that more than 90% of highway overpasses in the eastern US are colored that coppery patina green matte, right? any others you see in FL and GA are all concrete poured...

mm121

you do realize that more than 90% of highway overpasses in the eastern US are colored that coppery patina green matte, right? any others you see in FL and GA are all concrete poured...
i know its a standard color, but isnt that all the more reason for disney to do it differently, its too bad that now standard is good enough, that bridge really is boring, woulda been cool if they added some steel to match the look of the pedestrian bridges or something to jazz it up other than those boring posts

dstrawn9889

i know its a standard color, but isnt that all the more reason for disney to do it differently, its too bad that now standard is good enough, that bridge really is boring, woulda been cool if they added some steel to match the look of the pedestrian bridges or something to jazz it up other than those boring posts
ITS A BRIDGE, not something to look at. you already have too many accidents/near accidents with the WDW arch on World drive and Western Way... no need for something else to try to take a picture of/ogle while navigating BVD

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb. 2. One of the four free-standing columns next to the Orange garage overpass. All look the same, and are almost completed. Landscaping is being installed.

IMG_7284.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb. 9. A overhead view of the expanded lanes and landscaping on Buena Vista Drive at the intersection for Team Disney, across from the Orange parking garage. The I-4 exit overpass into the Orange garage is in the background. On the left foreground, a new traffic light pole has been installed, with the anchor just under the pedestrian bridge.

IMG_7333.JPG

michmousefan

Photo update as of Tuesday, Feb. 9. A overhead view of the expanded lanes and landscaping on Buena Vista Drive at the intersection for Team Disney, across from the Orange parking garage. The I-4 exit overpass into the Orange garage is in the background. On the left foreground, a new traffic light pole has been installed, with the anchor just under the pedestrian bridge.

View attachment 129847
Are the new center lanes for buses only?

hpyhnt 1000

I'm curious to see how access will be controlled to get into these lanes. I'm picturing lost and clueless tourists driving in there left and right...only because I see daily how they drive on I4. ;)

I wouldn't expect much besides paint and signage. Some "BUS ONLY" stencils on the ground and signs at junctions indicating "DO NOT ENTER" and "WDW BUS ONLY." Also wouldn't hurt to to put a bus symbol on the signs either (for non-english speaking guests).

In most cases that, along with the visual separation and lack of any other vehicles, keeps people out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom