Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

wdrive

Is there a way to pick what Anna or Elsa you get to meet and greet? LIke if one resembles the character more than the other?

No not at all. You won't even know what either character looks like before you go in to meet them. You've got literally 0% of choosing, unless you happen to know the cast member performing as Anna or Elsa.

tl77

At Halloween, I saw a TON of little girls dressed like Aurora. Also, she's one of the princesses most represented in the marketing, and she's also on a lot of the merchandise.

plus they have her color changing dress at Castle Couture
Castle%20Couture%204.gif

Matt_Black

plus they have her color changing dress at Castle Couture
Castle%20Couture%204.gif

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but when I first read that Aurora was in the top 3 of the princesses (with Cinderella & Belle, before the newer crop showed up), I was a bit perplexed as her personality wasn't as nearly well defined as other princesses. I then I thought maybe that's why- since she's a more or less a blank slate, little girls can project whatever they like about themselves onto Aurora.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but when I first read that Aurora was in the top 3 of the princesses (with Cinderella & Belle, before the newer crop showed up), I was a bit perplexed as her personality wasn't as nearly well defined as other princesses. I then I thought maybe that's why- since she's a more or less a blank slate, little girls can project whatever they like about themselves onto Aurora.

I always assumed it was because she wears a pink dress (even though she's in blue for 95% of the movie).

doctornick

Unless things have changed drastically, she is not all that popular.

I'd give a rough estimate that Aurora is more popular than Snow as well as Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine and Tiana but less popular than Belle, Ariel, Rapunzel, Cinderella and (of course) Anna & Elsa. At this point in time.

But she still seems pretty popular to me among the daughters of friends. I'm sure a Rapunzel/Aurora M&G, as it formerly was, would still draw good wait times.

tl77

My nieces seem to like the Aurora, but I've heard some people don't like the movie because it's either "too artsy" or "too scary" or doesn't have enough cute animals and comedic moments like the other princess movies, and even though Aurora has a castle in DL she is probably the least represented princess in WDW. Because Cinderella has the castle, Belle, Ariel, and Snow White now have mini lands in MK, along with Jasmine, Tiana and Merida who have their own little M&G areas. You can also meet the some of them in at their countries Epcot, and Pocahontas in AK, but Aurora isn't even included in the Sleeping Beauty section of the new parade... all she get's in WDW is that color change dress and the M&G with the Frozen sisters

Communicore

Aurora is oldies, of course she ain't as popular. I mean Cinderella is older but this is her castle so yes she would be popular. Snow White is old too but for some reason she has a certain coolness factor. I think they should make Alice a princess too.

Communicore

Not even sure what this means.
I was jsut asking if it is possible to choose the princess that you would like to meet, preferably one that resembles the princess and not a "generic" kinda like how in most cases the Jasmine's or Belle's resemble them but in Anna and Elsa's case they seem generics.

Matt_Black

Aurora is oldies, of course she ain't as popular. I mean Cinderella is older but this is her castle so yes she would be popular. Snow White is old too but for some reason she has a certain coolness factor. I think they should make Alice a princess too.

Cinderella is hands down the most represented currently in the merchandise and marketing. I wrapped my nephew's Christmas present with Cinderella wrapping paper. My brother and sister-in-law thankfully didn't make any comments about that. My sister did, and my response is, "Well, the paper's blue, and it's a Pooh bear DVD, so I think it fits."

Kuzcotopia

That makes so much sense. Since Aurora was my daughter's favorite before the Elsa bandwagon came along (notice the dress in my avatar photo), I would wrack my brain trying to figure out why she'd identify with a passive, comatose girl with no agency in her own story.

Your post makes me feel better, so thanks!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Now that Snow has been evicted from her home and is out in the streets, she's been forced to seek other employment opportunities within the company. It looks like she's been transferred to PAC...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 121

wogwog

I was jsut asking if it is possible to choose the princess that you would like to meet, preferably one that resembles the princess and not a "generic" kinda like how in most cases the Jasmine's or Belle's resemble them but in Anna and Elsa's case they seem generics.
Like Mickey, there is only one Anna and one Elsa.

erstwo

Aurora (or at least Sleeping Beauty) also has one of the better developed Princes of the older princess movies. Both my younger brother, when I was little, and, more recently, my son loved Prince Phillip. Who needs Spider-Man when there's a dragon slaying prince?
I know my daughter watched Sleeping Beauty more often than the other movies because my son wanted to watch that movie over the others. The Snow Prince & Prince Charming can't really hold a candle to Phillip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom