Tom Sawyer Island

jkl2000

Original Poster
This one line from the Unofficial Guide cracks me up - it epitomizes the dilemma of the park warrior:

"Although children could spend a whole day on the island, plan on at least 20 minutes."

Ain't it the truth? I'm hoping we get here this upcoming trip, but I don't know if it will happen. The map for MNSSHP shows Tom Sawyer's restrooms and defibrilator, so does that mean the Liberty Belle will be making the trip? Or did they just not remove those markings? I was thinking at some point before or during the party we could hit the island - maybe not the best use of time during the party.

And here's a challenge for your next day at the MK: try to use ONLY the restrooms on Tom Sawyer's Island. I dare ya'! :eek:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot - you get to the island by raft, not the Liberty Belle. CTTOI, I may never have been on Tom Sawyer Island! Because I only remember riding the steamboat, never a raft.

Disnee4Me

Ha funny ... I just posted in another thread that I have NEVER been to TSI. Is it worth the ride over? Shouldn't I experience it just once?

Weather_Lady

It is absolutely worth doing -- especially if you're looking to escape the crowds and go somewhere shady in the middle of the afternoon.

We love exploring Tom Sawyer Island. I've done so several times and there are still new things I stumble across every time. (I also loved Twain's Tom Sawyer as a child and read it many times, so I get a big kick out of all of the plot references you find around the island.)

75disney

I love TSI. If you have kids, it is a great way for them to burn off some extra energy. I always act goofy with my kids when we go through the caves and over the bridge; it makes it more fun for them.

JoeCamel

Liberty Belle is a candy stop and the rafts are not running so both are a no go during the party. Frontierland is not open during morning EMH.

DJMoore2011

I loved TSI, it "felt" empty because of how it's laid out. And so so SHADY! Loved all the tie in's to the books. Was sadden to see that there use to be a place to eat but now it's all closed up, I believe it was called Aunt Polly's. We had fun on the raft ride over. The Cast Member tried to get everyone to step closer to the back of the raft to avoid getting wet feet but very few listened her response "Well I was hoping my first trip out would have been a dry ride, but the people have spoken and wet it is." I look forward to going back.

GeoDonJac34

The odd thing with us and TSI is, when DS was younger we didn't go over there, but now find ourselves going over every trip. He had a great time there last year hanging around with a friend. I enjoy it, but do get a little antsy to leave after a little while. So much to do around MK.

taz0162

one of my co-workers takes her daughters each time because she found out (prior epcot cast member) that each morning cast members hide paint brushes around the island. so she takes her daughters to find them to exchange for a BTM or SM fast pass. Some sites say that this was discontinued but she was able to do it this past April.

http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tomsawyerpaintbrush-600x401.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My kids really enjoyed TSI in elementary school years. We'd go during the afternoon during the parade. It was easy to get on and off the raft during that time frame and had the island practically to ourselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom