800 number is no more?

DougK

Original Poster
I had to make a change to our upcoming December reservation (first time going during the Christmas season, can't wait!) and I got a recording when I dialed 1-800-828-0228.

The voice says "you have reached an inactive number, if you wish to speak to an agent at the Walt Disney Travel Company please call 407-828-8101...".

This male voice is the same person who answers the non toll-free calls, so obviously Disney has discontinued this number knowingly. Has anyone else come across this? Is there another toll-free number that can be used for dining and hotel reservations?

I am not making a major complaint here because in the big scheme of things the long distance phone calls don't cost that much, but I hate to pay for being on hold (which happens often of course) plus it seems like it is just another cutback by the company. Since they raise prices every year you would think they could continue to give the same services too.

gatordoc

Yup, tried it last night, and it is gone. These numbers have disappeared from time to time over the years - hopefully someone will pop up with another one sometime soon.

Wilt Dasney

So they try to redirect you to a local number instead of another toll-free number, even though other toll-free numbers exist. Excellent.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So they try to redirect you to a local number instead of another toll-free number, even though other toll-free numbers exist. Excellent.

Incoming calls on a toll-free number add up quickly. I'd rather have to dial a long distance number to Disney than to have my room/ticket/food prices go up.

Duchesse

Incoming calls on a toll-free number add up quickly. I'd rather have to dial a long distance number to Disney than to have my room/ticket/food prices go up.

Unfortunately, you're going to pay the long distance and your room, ticket and food prices will go up. Its the Disney way.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Until this thread I never knew Disney had a toll-free number. :lol: I have always used 1-407-W-DISNEY when I call them. :shrug: The free long distance on my cell phone covers it so it has never really bothered me. :lol:

WDWRLD

As Disney has said before...there are no toll free numbers to Disney.

But I too noticed about a month now the one had stopped working as it has done before so dont erase it from your speed dial just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom