7am on Monday

Yelloweaver

Oddly enough I was going to book for this restaurant but honestly the dinner menu does not appeal to me, only the steak looks appetizing and the kid's menu is uninspiring. The lunch menu actually looks better. Glad I didn't give up my 1900 Park Fare to try and eat here. Might try for an off time lunch, we'll see!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So, I think we were the first on here to get through. It was just a couple minutes after 7am when we got through to the automated system. It never asked for a CC number. Luckily, DW was online at lunch and saw about the issue. She called at that point, 20 minutes on hold, 5 minutes talking to Dining, 5 minutes to transfer to guest services, then added the CC to the reservation and got the new number.

Since there are a number of reservations that require the CC number to hold, methinks that someone, somewhere simply forgot to add that part of the process to the Be Our Guest set-up. I wouldn't want to be the guy in I.T. who didn't hit that button!

Glad ours is all set now. Hope everyone gets something (at least close to what they want). Good luck!!

experiment624

I just saw on the other thread that if you didn't give a CC number that your reservation will be tossed at midnight. Is there any truth to this? I don't want to wait again but also don't want to loose my reservation.
This is the truth, I called back and ended up paying the one cent for the agent to add my cc. some agents have assistance with adding a cc without charging the penny. trick is to be persistant with the agent. At first they tried to rebook me but for a different parallel universe, i simply said that didn't work and she finally got what she needed to fix my ressie. CALL BACK. also, one of the reps said they anticipate the lines easing up at 4:00 so now is a good time to try if you haven't already.

PolynesianPrincess

Boy am I so super glad now that they'er not opening til November and not September like I had originally hoped! I would hat to go through this madness this morning!! Hopefully it'll be a little easier come November when we hit our 180 days out for our spring trip!! I'll have to see some reviews first before we commit. The menu doesn't look super awesome to me but just to go and see the atmosphere will be cool.

I got my ressie this morning and 8 1/2 hours later I decide to call back and add my CC info (I was trying to wait for the madness to slow down). I got right thru and am now on hold listening to Disney music ;)
It's a great big beautiful tomorrow...LOL

EDIT: 25 minutes later...connected to guest services who transfers me to dining...new confirmation number...DONE!

wilkeliza

I got through and added my credit card information a few hours after. While I was adding the credit card information I decided to make another reservation for my roommate and I two weeks later.

HouCuseChickie

Can I just say that my neck, fingers and arms are in pain.:mad:

Between booking and then my 3 separate calls to add and confirm my CC guar info (since I initially booked through the automated system) = 5.5 hrs of Disney phone time today...I am going to need a neck massage and some ibuprofen. It doesn't help that I use an old flip phone and could never put it on speaker.

As others have noted...this better be worth it! The only thing that kept me going in this was DD6...Belle is her fave and since this is a bday trip for her younger sis- BoG is one of her big surprises for this trip.

I know this wasn't really fun for any of us, but I'm glad so many of us were online and posting when things went live. It was really nice to have others in the same mix so we weren't all going through this ordeal alone. :)

joanna71985

I was lucky. I called right at 7, and got put right on hold. Less then 10 minutes later, I got a live person, and I was able to get the time/date I wanted...Nov 19 at 4pm!! I can't wait!

materbuddy

I tried from 7am to 2pm and all I got was ALL CIRCUITS ARE BUSY:mad:. I finally got through and it was quick with the automated system. After I got off I was reading some blogs that said that if you used the automated system and didn't leave a credit card # your reservation would be cancelled. :eek: I called back and on the 10th try I got through. I was on hold for over 30 minutes and finally talked to an agent. Everything was fine:D

rufio

Original Poster
Can I just say that my neck, fingers and arms are in pain.:mad:

Between booking and then my 3 separate calls to add and confirm my CC guar info (since I initially booked through the automated system) = 5.5 hrs of Disney phone time today...I am going to need a neck massage and some ibuprofen. It doesn't help that I use an old flip phone and could never put it on speaker.

As others have noted...this better be worth it! The only thing that kept me going in this was DD6...Belle is her fave and since this is a bday trip for her younger sis- BoG is one of her big surprises for this trip.

I know this wasn't really fun for any of us, but I'm glad so many of us were online and posting when things went live. It was really nice to have others in the same mix so we weren't all going through this ordeal alone. :)

That sounds terrible! I agree, this better be worth it! But like you said, it was nice being able to discuss with other people who were doing the same thing. Other people over on the WDW Fine Dining facebook page said that they were being told as early as 3pm that BoG was booked until summer! Obviously that can't be the case because people here were still booking at that time... Weird.

scorp111

I called originally this morning, and was able to get through on my 4th try. I was given the day/time I wanted. Came home, saw this thread, and had the wife call back to add CC number, after about a 30 minute wait, she was told by the cast member that because of the glitch this morning, that if people were given a Conf# without a CC guarantee, that for today only, the reservation would stay in the system. The cast member even checked with her supervisor while my wife was on the line.

I guess it makes sense, otherwise WDW could have a public relations nightmare, as some people that booked this morning may not be the type of visitor to keep checking back on webpages etc. They would show up on their requested date with a conf# and boom, no reservation. I am going to have my wife check again tomorrow, and then again in a week, just because :)

HouCuseChickie

That sounds terrible! I agree, this better be worth it! But like you said, it was nice being able to discuss with other people who were doing the same thing. Other people over on the WDW Fine Dining facebook page said that they were being told as early as 3pm that BoG was booked until summer! Obviously that can't be the case because people here were still booking at that time... Weird.

I noticed a post like that on there when I got home today (can't access any of this from work). I'd seen people saying Nov & Dec were booked solid (minus a few odd times/slots) by about noon, but summer? I think day 180 was some time in February- so summer is pretty far out there.

Oh well- it's done and now to plan other trip details. :D

rufio

Original Poster
I noticed a post like that on there when I got home today (can't access any of this from work). I'd seen people saying Nov & Dec were booked solid (minus a few odd times/slots) by about noon, but summer? I think day 180 was some time in February- so summer is pretty far out there.

Oh well- it's done and now to plan other trip details. :D

lol! I know. I booked December 27th right around 1pm, so I don't think they were booked solid. I didn't even think to mention the 180 day mark. Unfortunately, I don't have any details left to plan until I can book the Wishes Dessert Party! This was something I've been looking forward to! :confused:

HouCuseChickie

lol! I know. I booked December 27th right around 1pm, so I don't think they were booked solid. I didn't even think to mention the 180 day mark. Unfortunately, I don't have any details left to plan until I can book the Wishes Dessert Party! This was something I've been looking forward to! :confused:

Do you have any other wedding details you can work on? I know it's tough though...today was such a highly anticipated "event." I guess at least you have dessert party as something to look forward to from a booking perspective. My focus now has to shift to details of surprising our girls and cake design (my creation as well as the WDW cake)...and somehow do it all without spilling the beans. Ahhhh- at least these are nice troubles to have. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom