1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

$75 gift card offer now available on NEW bookings to CBR

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by Paul Dolan, Feb 28, 2017.

1. DreamalittleDisney

DreamalittleDisney Member

We are looking at doing the UK free dine package in July 2018.. been trying to gauge prices and would still book CBR nonrooms showing as avaible for next July .. wonderb8f they are keeping these blocked until free dining comes out?

If It does and the resort credit stands too it's basically all meals paid for and a bit to spare!

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  2. Shellylynn6974

Shellylynn6974 Member

Wonder how long the gift card promo will last?

3. updownandsideways

updownandsideways New Member

Well they said construction will take 2 years

4. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

at least until June 2018 when the refurb is scheduled to be completed, at least that is what is on the travel agent site.

Personally, because of this, I would expect CBR to be excluded from future general public offers until then.

5. Shellylynn6974

Shellylynn6974 Member

If so, why would anyone book there? Maybe they will, but I would have to have a discount and a gift card to book there next year. Who knows? Time will tell.

I got a really good rate at the Wilderness Lodge last month, but the construction was minimal.

6. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

The $75/room/night can be substantial - I have one client that is going to get $1500 in gift card money upon check in, $750 per room, 2 rooms, family of 6.

You'd need to get a 25% discount off the highest rate CBR room to equal a $75/night gift card.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  7. updownandsideways

updownandsideways New Member

I'm hoping they still give room discounts

Courtney6682 likes this.
  8. Shellylynn6974

Shellylynn6974 Member

I think it might be possible that they will still offer discounts and the $75 gift card, just lower discounts. Maybe only during the slower times, like late January, early February.
    (when I like to go) We will just have to wait and see.

9. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Premium Member

That doesn't make sense though. It's our favorite moderate resort, and we've paid anywhere from $116 to maybe $139 a night over the last few years with Florida resident or annual passholder discounts.

When I called to book this a couple of days ago, it was around $218 with tax. Less the gift card, that's about the same as any other discount I've gotten when there was no construction going on.

I'm counting on adjusting the reservation when a room rate discount opens up in the next few months.

Me, too!

Shellylynn6974 likes this.
  10. Shellylynn6974

Shellylynn6974 Member

If we were able to get at least a 15% off discount and the $75 gift card early next year, I might consider switching to CBR, from AoA. Even though AoA is where I would like to stay. But, if that is not in the cards, no way will I consider CBR.

11. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

I just booked CBR a few mins ago for Aug 17-22nd. I swore this resort off after our stay there in 2013, but we will avoid the buses(which is the main reason we choose FQ over any other mod all the time) and uber to the parks AND get $375(plus add in the 20% discount from our AP's and it's like getting $450 in Disney gift cards) it was a no-brainer for me. We will eat at the parks or other resorts. We'll just be there to shower, sleep and collect our free money LOL. I feel pretty positive about it, so hopefully it goes well!

12. Shellylynn6974

Shellylynn6974 Member

Sounds good. Do you think the bus system there may be a little better with two village areas shut down?

Tony the Tigger and Courtney6682 like this.
  13. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

Good point!!!! We may check them out then! Thank you!!!!!

14. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Premium Member

That is a good point about the buses.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  15. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

If they have a room only reservation and not a package then they will only have to pay the deposit of one nights rate before they arrive. Once they arrive and check in they can use the gift card to apply towards the remaining balance.

16. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

I'd be hesitant to plan on this as a definite possibility. To complete check-in they need to pay the balance-due. To get the gift card they may have to complete the check-in process. They may not get the card(s) before they finish checkin.

It's kind of like when you buy a special offer at Target that's "buy 3 items, get a $5 gift card". The gift card is issued as part of the sales transaction. You can't apply that card to get $5 off that same purchase.

-Rob

Tony the Tigger and Tuvalu like this.
  17. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

On the Disney site, it specifically states that the gift card may be used for food or merchandise only....pretty sure room rental does not qualify as merchandise.

18. peter11435

It specifically states that it can be used at food and merchandise locations. It does not state it may ONLY be used at those locations. It is a standard Disney Gift Card and can be used anywhere a Disney gift card can be used. And it is being communicated to guests that they can use it towards their room rate at check in.

19. dmatt87

dmatt87 Well-Known Member

How can that be if the room is prepaid before check-in?

HRHPrincessAriel likes this.
  20. peter11435

Rooms are only pre-paid before check in if you are booked on a package. Room only reservations require only one nights deposit paid before check-in.