70's WDW video

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
I decided to go to youtube and do a search on Walt Disney World, ( titled that way on the search ), and came across a 10 1/2 minute video of WDW just after it opened, WOW :eek:. I cannot believe how bare the placed looked. And how much you could see from one side to the other. Like, from the race car track you could see across to The Contemporary, then inside crystal Palace they used to have someone with an accordian wandering around playing music. Incredible.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I decided to go to youtube and do a search on Walt Disney World, ( titled that way on the search ), and came across a 10 1/2 minute video of WDW just after it opened, WOW :eek:. I cannot believe how bare the placed looked. And how much you could see from one side to the other. Like, from the race car track you could see across to The Contemporary, then inside crystal Palace they used to have someone with an accordian wandering around playing music. Incredible.

Yeah, that was before Space Mountain was built.

Interesting to see the Swan Boats again though!

disney9752

wow nice trip down memory lane, walt disney story, skyway, 20k, mickey mouse review, all dearly departed, but not forgotten.:lookaroun looks like the video was made in 73 maybe 74 as pirates & walt disney story didnt open until 73, note mad tea party didnt have its cover yet either.:confused:

beefog

When did the swan boats disappear? I wen tin 76 for the 1st time and I don;t remember them. But I was only 5 so who knows?

Oh how I wish Pepsi was still the sponsor.

Same here. The DW and I deal with Coke products while at The World, but buy a Pepsi as soon as we get to the airport.

I still have all of the original View Master reels! It's cool to se the MK as I remeber it from the first time I went in 1974. Big empty space where Splash is, no Thunder,etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom