7 Dwarves Mine Train

thomas998

We're planning on going in June and hopefully will book the trip by December. How far in advance should I try to reserve our fast passes for this ride? We haven't used the new system yet and it never occurred to me that we might not be able to get on.
As soon as your window opens try to book them... Those and the frozen meet and greet still go quickly.

EngineJoe

It was underwhelming. Starts out okay but there is no kick at the end like in splash mountain, space, big thunder. I don't know what they were thinking when they made it and closed the old Snow White. This mine cart concept had so much potential to be like Disney seas emperors new grove mine coaster or the Indiana jones temple of peril mine coaster in Paris.

yedliW

Original Poster
We're planning on going in June and hopefully will book the trip by December. How far in advance should I try to reserve our fast passes for this ride? We haven't used the new system yet and it never occurred to me that we might not be able to get on.

If you are staying on property, you can set your FP at 60 days, if you are not, your window opens at 30 days. But you have to have valid park admission to set up fast passes. That was our problem. We are DVC staying on points, so we pay for things incrementally.. (plane tickets.. DDP.. Tickets.. etc..) we waited too long to buy our tickets, so we didn't get FP for this or toy story.. and many of the meet and greets were booked as well (but those aren't high priority for our group).

SSH

I loved the theming...thought it was so cute, but I wouldn't wait in a long line or be that disappointed if I couldn't get FP+ to ride it again. Weirdest thing though: my husband can't do thrill rides like SM, HS rockin coaster or Universal's thrill rides. He gets terrible headaches from the motion and I have to do those alone. But he can do Thunder and Splash, which to me were wilder than 7DMT. Yet this new one messed him up...go figure.:confused:

Baldy

We really enjoyed it and will definitely ride it again. Its probably not something we would need ride multiple times in one trip though.
CONS:
long lines, relatively short ride, tight fit if you are bigger or have long legs.
PROS:
The dwarf animatronics are amazing and the scenes are a great tribute to the movie
There are some great views of the park from the outside portions of the ride
Its a great ride for families to do together
Even though its not as thrilling as BTMR, its sill got a little more kick to it than most of the family rides.

Wags14

Most have already covered it. But certainly a FP is a must as wait times are atrocious.

Overall, the theming is great and the ride is enjoyable for however short it is. It just leaves you wanting more. But my eight year old son loves it and I was more than surprised that my three year old was able to ride it this year for a whole family enjoyable ride.

mbtohill

It's not hating to have a different point of view or do we have to agree with you? It's short and boring ride IMHO.... Not a must... Is that ok to say?

Of course you don't have to agree with me and you are, of course, welcome to your own opinion. I was simply stating that the negative opinions of others, perhaps improperly characterized as "haters" should not sway someone who hasn't been on the ride from going. Lighten up Francis.

EnergyKing

everyone should ride it at least once. I found it somewhat enjoyable but overall lacking. Didn't go beyond into that other realm of greatness.

KaliSplash

It's a very good ride. you must remember what it's supposed to be. This is NOT WDW's answer to Potterland. This is a FAMILY coaster in FantasyLand. If you are a coaster thrill ride seeker, this is NOT for you. In fact, WDW is generally NOT for you. Remember, Walt wanted things families could do together. Those seeking the fastest, baddest, wickedess, newest coaster tricks should be looking elsewhere.

EnergyKing

No, it could've remained relatively tame, it just need more. More is the key word. Maybe another dark cave scene with the witch popping out, juxtaposed against the earlier bright scene. Maybe one more drop. Think how much Splash Mountain has. Wouldn't it have seemed lame chopped in half? That's what this ride seems like, half a ride. And for New Fantasyland, for a Snow White ride to pale in comparison to its dark ride counterpart created in the early 70's, it seems like a fail to me.

graphite1326

I rode it and it was fun but I wouldn't stand in line to ride it again. I wouldn't waste a fasspass on it either. If we are there at rope drop (which is what we did) and can get on fairly quickly I would ride it again.

dizda

It is a nice family coaster and not a thrill ride. The ride should have been longer (and was in the original concept), but it is not unreasonable for a coaster. Try at opening and if the wait is under an hour, I would say go for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom