7-9-07: Wand Removal Begins

Rob562

Was the wand lit tonight?

Ryan

It was until about 11:30PM, and then all lights on the wand and the southern side of SSE were turned off. (You can still see a faint glow around the edge from what is apparently the northern-side lights) As of right now (2:15AM Eastern) they're still off. I'm hoping that when I wake up in the morning, I'll be able to click "Refresh" and see a few less letters up top. ;)

-Rob

BuzzComplexCM

Original Poster
3:30 am - Tuesday July 10, 2007

The Epcot sign is totally dark. Pretty much all of SSE is dark except for one area near the rear of the sphere.

That is all.

Krozar

The guy in the bucket didn't do anything physical to the wand and its related parts. Appears more to have been recon missions to grasp what they are up against for when things do start coming down.

brkgnews

Very hard to tell due to sun glare and a lack of zoom on the webcam, but it KIND OF looks like the top half of the big star at the tip of the wand MIGHT be gone. Somebody wanna check my work? :lol:

PhilharMagician

From the angle, i would say it's in the big plaza south of the wand that would typically lead to Guest Relations. I bet that area is completely closed off.

They could theorheticaly park a large crane in the patch of grass between Energy and Guest relations but they would probably close Guest Relations and the monorail both if they did that.

You are probably right, but to close down guest relations:confused:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
merf, if the crane is located there, do you think that they drove it under the breezway of SSE (between the legs). is there more clearance coming from the WS side under the canopy?

Any chance the Prisms will come back?
if they bought them back from the person that owns them now. or made more.

MnWildFan06

I personally loved that wand,it really looked great at night,it really brightened up spaceship earth in my opinion,im sad to see it go but I have never seen spaceship earth itself up close and personal,so i am excited to check it out when its done.

joel_maxwell

I personally loved that wand,it really looked great at night,it really brightened up spaceship earth in my opinion,im sad to see it go but I have never seen spaceship earth itself up close and personal,so i am excited to check it out when its done.
you will be quite surprised how much bigger it will look since there isnt anything next to it to give it perspective.

EDIT: :lookaroun :lol:

jmvd20

It was until about 11:30PM, and then all lights on the wand and the southern side of SSE were turned off. (You can still see a faint glow around the edge from what is apparently the northern-side lights) As of right now (2:15AM Eastern) they're still off. I'm hoping that when I wake up in the morning, I'll be able to click "Refresh" and see a few less letters up top. ;)

-Rob

If the lights are off, and SSE is dark how will they see to remove the letters?

It is not easy to operate a crane in the dark... err.. so I'm told :lookaroun

joel_maxwell

i asked this question in one of the other hundred Wand threads, but if the crane is where it is.... what path did they take to get it in the place it is in. i know that merf linked the satelite view of where he thought it was... now with photos we confirmed this, but im wondering if they drove it in by guest relations or from the backside (WS under the canopy)

EDIT: whoops, it was on page 10 of this thread. i think we need to condence the wand threads.

Figment82

i asked this question in one of the other hundred Wand threads, but if the crane is where it is.... what path did they take to get it in the place it is in. i know that merf linked the satelite view of where he thought it was... now with photos we confirmed this, but im wondering if they drove it in by guest relations or from the backside (WS under the canopy)

They drove it in from WS, past the Fountain of Nations, down through Innoventions Plaza, and into its current location next to SSE.

joel_maxwell

They drove it in from WS, past the Fountain of Nations, down through Innoventions Plaza, and into its current location next to SSE.
thanks. i assumed that would be the easiest route. in my post on the other thread, to get peoples attention, i asked if they drove under SSE in the breezeway. i dont think anyone bite the bait though. :rolleyes:

thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom