5th Gate ( Yes, I know. Please dont kick me off.)

BG Rugger

Original Poster
On our way back from MK one night on our vacation in July a rather talkative bus driver was entertaining us with WDW trivia and fun facts. One thing he mentioned was that WDW would have a 5th park open around 2010. Could he be a well connected insider with this info or just suceptable to rumors like everyone else??

AEfx

In spite of the "no way!" attitudes of many, I fully expect a fifth park by 2010-2012. After EE opens at AK, my feeling is Disney will think the park "completed", just like ToT and RnR supposedly did the same for MGM. Personally, I'd rather them concentrate on just the existing parks, but I just don't think it's gonna happen.

AEfx

Villain_70

Yes, there is a fifth park. An associate from my work has a brother works at the GF. The Villain Park is going to be the next park. It is the top choice. Because Disney has to compete with IOA they are not getting the teen crowd. So, the villains can give them the means to do the thrill rides.

Also, some trivia....MGM was supposed to be part of EPCOT, but they had so many attraction that they made it its own park.

EPCOT is also looking at adding Spain and bringing back the International Gateway.

imagineer boy

Villain_70 said:
Yes, there is a fifth park. An associate from my work has a brother works at the GF. The Villain Park is going to be the next park. It is the top choice. Because Disney has to compete with IOA they are not getting the teen crowd. So, the villains can give them the means to do the thrill rides.

I certainly hope not! A villains park would be terrible. Walt Disney wanted his theme parks to be geared toward the family, not teens. The last thing WDW needs right now is another thrill ride. They've already got tons of competition against IOA. There's Mission:Space, Test Track, Space Mountain, ToT, Rockin Roller Coaster, and soon to come, soarin, the motors stunt show, and Expedition Everest.

Hopefully your assiciate's brother is wrong, and a villain park will never be built on disney property.

Legacy

Villain_70 said:

Also, some trivia....MGM was supposed to be part of EPCOT, but they had so many attraction that they made it its own park.

EPCOT is also looking at adding Spain and bringing back the International Gateway.
And my uncle, who's a janitor at Epcot and my cousin who works at World of Disney say that nothing has been announced or confirmed. Look, I don't mean to sound like a butt or anything, but unless the person is an Imagineer, don't believe them. And even then, an Imagineer wouldn't be talking about if they cared about their job.

MGM was supposed to be a pavillion in Epcot, but in order to compete with the Studios, Eisner's first order of business was expanding the movie pavillion idea into a full park.

Epcot is always looking to adding new pavillions, it's an issue of budgets and approval from other countries. The "International Gateway", which I'm assuming involves turning World Showcase into the 5th gate, ain't happening.

General Grizz

Corrus said:
MKT you're my man... but.. gemini has been burried a long time ago...

BUT OMG. a dozen looks better :D
I think he meant International Gateway. . . but while we're being technical, let's throw in Cast entry gates! :lookaorun :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
General Grizz Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrus
MKT you're my man... but.. gemini has been burried a long time ago...

BUT OMG. a dozen looks better

I think he meant International Gateway. . . but while we're being technical, let's throw in Cast entry gates! :lookaorun

...and the angel opened the twelfth seal...and there came a pestilence on the land....

BG Rugger

5th Gate ( Yes, I know. Please dont kick me off.)

Man...a couple of bumpy days on the site and one meltdown, now we've put the fear of God into the masses. Just a tad overreactive, don't you think? :veryconfu

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was actually joking... but obviously, some people aren't as in tune with me as I thought.

That having been said, I still think of each and every one of you with the same admiration that I have for my car insurance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom