50's Prime Time Cafe

DisneyGirl20

Original Poster
I was wondering how good is the food at the Prime Time Cafe? I'm moving to Flordia soon and will visting MGM and I wanted to try it for lunch. It is a palace I should try or not. Thanks again

Lizzie

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The fried chicken and the meat loaf are infreakencredible. But the best thing about Prime Time is the cast members. I went there on 1-9-5 and our waiter was the best. He made my daughters friend go wash his hands, he made my two oldest daughters (13,11)sing for everyone when they didn’t finish their lunch all while my youngest daughter (3) got away with murder because she was his favorite. Hands down Prime Time most entertaining restaurant at Disney and the good food doesn’t hurt either.

nickcarraway

I think the food itself is eeehhhh... But the atmosphere and afore mentioned staff are what make this restaurant a fun experience that everyone should do at least once.

wannabeBelle

cj2me said:
I think it is one of the best---The meatloaf and pot roast are awesome
This is one of the best restaurants on property actually. I dont think I have missed a meal there since I discovered the place a few years back. I find the food there to be incredibly good, my personal favorites are the Pork Tenderloin and the Pot Roast. They had a pasta and shrimp dish there which was pretty incredible, but it has been replaced with a Seafood Primavera dish that I have yet to try. Priority seatings for this place are a REALLY good idea. I have been there when they were completely booked up for the evening and not accepting any walk ins at all. Have a great time!!! Belle

surfsupdon

It is one of the BEST restauarants on property. The food is delicious.

I always get the steak or fried chicken. The accompanying vegetables are great!

Meat loaf and pot roast are the items the rest of my fmaily gets, and they always agree that theirs too is the best.

I think the food is meh, but it's supposed to be - it's comfort food! It's not bad by any means, but it's not culinary either. If you like meatloaf and pot roasts, it's fine.

The atmosphere and the cast members make the place, though. Despite our so-so feeling about the food, we've been there several times because the cast members are so funny...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I heartily recommend it!
As Laurie has said, it can be summed up as "comfort food". There is a good variety, but the basic theme is home cooking. Lunch is fine, but my preference is for dinner there. Of course, the main attraction is the theme and CM/host interaction. Where else does the waitstaff stop and show you someone elses' meal prior to delivering it, or refusing to give you dessert until you finish your vegetables. As with any "interactive theater" like this, the experience vary's with the server and also the environment. Sometimes the most fun comes in watching events at other tables in your room.

With that said, the food is not gourmet. Some people just don't like the idea of fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast on a restaurant menu. They also don't understand smores the size of a laptop and Dad's sundae which is more than enough...

See the following for an example of the lunch menu, you can also find a dinner menu on this site:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ptc.htm

Do make PS as this place always fills up, even in off peak.

Laura

Premium Member
It's definitely a unique restaurant. It was a little awkward just being my husband and I when we went, but it would be hilarious to take a big group there.

Indy95

Awesome food!! I'm not a pot roast kind of guy, but I've been getting the fried chicken ever since it's been put on the menu. Delicious! Not to mention the atmosphere and cast are the best that you're likely to find anywhere!

slappy magoo

To say this is one of the best restaurants at MGM is like bragging that you were the valedictorian of night school...really, what was the competition? :lol:

Thanks I'm here all week! Don't forget to tip your wait staff!

Honestly, I think it's good, not great, but I do enjoy eating there and intend to go there again. Especially the aforementioned fried chicken and smores for dessert. Hard to mess those up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom