50" Prime Time vs. Sci-Fi Dine in

kennedy

For lunch, which do you prefer between the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi Dine-in? (and why?)

Also, I've heard the waitstaff at the 50's Prime-time Cafe can get a little exuberant in their roles. I don't mind a little fun, but I don't really want to get "harassed" during lunch. (I have nightmare flashbacks to the Whispering Canyon Cafe, where someone ordered "ketchup"). Thoughts?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by kennedy
For lunch, which do you prefer between the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi Dine-in? (and why?)

Also, I've heard the waitstaff at the 50's Prime-time Cafe can get a little exuberant in their roles. I don't mind a little fun, but I don't really want to get "harassed" during lunch. (I have nightmare flashbacks to the Whispering Canyon Cafe, where someone ordered "ketchup"). Thoughts?

lol... I know what you mean... if you dont want to get "harassed" then do the Drive in... I did the prime time on my last trip... and it was ok... Our server did not over act his role... which was good... but some of them get really nutty...lol

This next trip I think I am going to the Drive in.. :)

Upvote 0

popkid

both the sci fi and prime time are two of my favorite spots to eat in all of WDW.

you have to be prepared for a sort of dinner show at prime time, and ready to laugh it off and play along otherwise you might not enjoy your lunch so much.

sci fi is just amazing, i absolutely love it - good fun and eats! just remember, no making out in the back seats :)

Upvote 0

mwitkus

my husband and i have done both and found the prime time diner more to our liking... the sci-fi drive in is a great experience, but we found the food and service to be superior at prime time...

either place i'm sure you would enjoy... have fun!

Upvote 0

EchoOfOphelia

I 100% choose the Sci-Fi Diner, its fantastic..

Well first of all, your table.. is a CAR! Can it get any better than that? :lol: Yes.. it can! :rolleyes: Anyway..as you sit in your car you actually watch old sci-fi movie clips on the big drive in movie theater screen. And what's sad is that I've actually seen quite a few of those movies :lol: The entire atmosphere is that you are actually at a drive in theater, its great. The kitchen behind you is fronted like a snack bar. The wait staff is on roller skates and they are extremely nice, and the food is fabulous.

Upvote 0

DCL

The last time I went to the Prime Time "mom" made me go stand in the corner and had all the other kids scold me and laugh at me because I couldn't keep my hands of the table... haha it was a lot of fun, and I would definately take Prime Time over Sci-Fi.

Don't get me wrong though, Sci-Fi is still a great time, but I think they need to change the movie clips that they play. Maybe they did? I don't know... I haven't gone there in a couple years.

Upvote 0

karmann

Sci-Fi. Definitely.

Had a nightmare experience there once with another family and their obnoxious children. That place can get packed and very very tight. No escape.

Sci-Fi is fun and the milkshakes are terrific.

Upvote 0

Walter

I used to always go to the Sci-Fi restaurant. One day, I was walking around in MGM, and found the 50's Cafe, and decided to try that. Now, I always go to the 50's Cafe. I love the way that the cast acts over there! The food is better, too.

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

Originally posted by karmann
Sci-Fi. Definitely.

Had a nightmare experience there once with another family and their obnoxious children. That place can get packed and very very tight. No escape.

Sci-Fi is fun and the milkshakes are terrific.

Welcome to the boards karmann!!:sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

Brett

I'm a Sci-Fi fan! I love the atmosphere and the milkshakes are fantastic. I've never ever had a bad meal there, while the first time I went to the PrimeTime Cafe, it was definently sub-par (which is always a surprise at Disney World. Nothing is every bad!!)

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

50s Prime Time you get better and more food for equal pricing w/ sci fi where you just get traditional sandwiches.

and the staff at 50s cafe know to play to their audience. They do not go overboard if it is apparent the customers just want a meal or dont want to be bothered. But otherwise, you better watch out!!!!!

Upvote 0
Okay, Okay, SCI FI!

SCI - FI is definately a unique experience. If you have never done it, DO IT!

I do have to say, that the food is not 5 stars, more like 3 1/2, or maybe 4. But Disney is aware, as the last time I was there, the waitress told me they had changed the menu like 3 times in the past, and it was getting changed again, in about 1 week (this was like 5 months ago)
So by now, I am sure its better.
Over Prime time is good too, but Sci-Fi is awesome!

Upvote 0

goofyman

Originally posted by surfsupdon
50s Prime Time you get better and more food for equal pricing w/ sci fi where you just get traditional sandwiches.

and the staff at 50s cafe know to play to their audience. They do not go overboard if it is apparent the customers just want a meal or dont want to be bothered. But otherwise, you better watch out!!!!!

I agree. 50"s is a lot of fun. But, if you just want to eat, then go elsewhere, the staff is the show and like it or not that's what it's all about. It's a must each trip for us.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Prime Time!! We go every time (it's more like dinner and a show) Besides, I thought the food at Sci Fi was horrible and overpriced. Plus, you sit 2 people up front and 2 people in the back, so It's not like you can sit as a family and "connect".

Prime time is a great place for families, or for anyone for that matter. I have heard people say that their kids manners actually improved after visiting Prime Time Cafe.

Upvote 0

VacationMan

You know, I was not impressed with the Sci-Fi at all. The time I was in there it was full... yet erily quiet (not the movies of course, but all the Vacationers!). Like I felt that I should be wispering to the others in my part. I was dissapointed that all the seating was facing forward, no possible to eat and see others in your party, so we sat in the "Tables" in back, but those really appeared small (to my liking). Additionally the cars were small, and you could not have the same experience with a party greater than 4!

Now this was from a few years ago. We just got back and had a terriffic time at the 50's dinner. The food has always been consistently good (As was this time), and the wait staff does appear to be able to pick up on the mood of the dinners they serve, hamming it up, or laying off if they need to.

My personal feelings were that the 50's Dinner was the better experience if you want to actually talk to those you are dinning with.

Food for thought.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom