50" Prime Time vs. Sci-Fi Dine in

kennedy

For lunch, which do you prefer between the 50's Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi Dine-in? (and why?)

Also, I've heard the waitstaff at the 50's Prime-time Cafe can get a little exuberant in their roles. I don't mind a little fun, but I don't really want to get "harassed" during lunch. (I have nightmare flashbacks to the Whispering Canyon Cafe, where someone ordered "ketchup"). Thoughts?

mandib

Sci-Fi! I didn't like the food at 50s.... and then 'dad' was telling me to eat my green beans. Give me a break! lol Plus the food wasn't great either! (Ok I know lots of you disagree)

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I would say Sci-Fi is awesome mainly because of the cars. Of course the old movies are great. I especially love the retro science clips which show the "future". Food isn't that great, but the atmosphere & experience is awesome.

Upvote 0

Horizons#1Fan

I prefer the Sci-Fi Dine in theatre. I was made fun of at the 50's Prime Time Cafe for not eating all my vegetables. :lol: But also, the atmosphere of the Sci-Fi Dine in theatre is better, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

doctor tigger

I guess that I should weigh in here! We visited both on one day the last time we were at MGM---the 50's Diner for lunch, and the Sci-Fi for dinner. My problem with comparing the 2 is that its like apples and oranges--they're so different. The themeing at both restaurants is really fun--probably the best in the park.

However, of the two, I would say that we enjoyed the 50's Diner more. We had a great "uncle" who was incredibly fun and made the wait for the food entertaining. My husband was proclaimed a member of the clean plate club, our daughter is still known as "Pumpkin Noodle" and the "humiliation" was not really that bad. THe people at the table next to us were obviously not in the mood to participate as much as we were, and our server wisely didn't pick on them that much. We also got to interact with each other at the table. The food was pretty good, and the desserts were great.

THe Sci-fi was also entertaining.--however, when you sit in the car, especially when you sit in the back, you don't really get to talk to the rest of the people in your group. Our server was nice, but not really fun. The movies were fun, but if you stay long enough they repeat. The food was ok, but not that great (and we weren't that hungry, since we ate a large lunch at the 50's Diner.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom