50 for the 50th

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Volcano Bat was seen doing Christmas shopping at Disney Springs this morning....

2017-12-11.png
Yes...continue to show off that you're in Disney Springs with Volcano Bat and I am not:hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
The Golden Mickeys at Main Street Theater

Summer 2020
WDW-theater-10252017-970x545.jpg

Off Main Street U.S.A. in the summer of 2020, a new Main Street Theater will open to guests with a new Magic Kingdom Broadway style production, made popular in both Hong Kong Disneyland and on the Disney Cruise Line - The Golden Mickeys.

With the new theater in line for the 50th Anniversary, and rumors swirling that the show will have something to do with the 50th anniversary, and our 50th anniversary celebration being titled the Golden Dreams Celebration - The Golden Mickeys seemed to fit the bill, at least for a short-term show throughout the 50th anniversary.
766-1.jpg

The interior of the theater will be designed with influences from the Boston Opera House, among several other regal theaters throughout the world.

For a show on Main Street - I felt as if it has to be a show that touches a lot of bases given its location. Contemplating new show based on singular films, or taking influence from the Frozen show in DCA, might be a bit to niche for Main Street, which tends to focus on many Disney characters throughout their parades and fireworks shows. So I figured that their new Broadway-style show should follow suit, and while a bit of a safe move using an already existing show, this might be a direction Disney could take just to get the theater going, and then could easily change out the show to something new and unique in the years to come.
9538670603_14f7c6729e_b.jpg

Show Soundtrack

The Golden Mickeys Song

Classic
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Some Day My Prince Will Come
Whistle While You Work
Heigh-Ho

Heroism
Out There
(The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Son of Man (Tarzan)
I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)

Symphony
Trashin' the Camp
(Tarzan)
Under the Sea (The Little Mermaid)

Villains
Cruella DeVil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)

Friendship
You've Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story 2)

Romance
Bella Notte
(Lady and the Tramp)
Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
I See the Light (Tangled)
Can You Feel the Love Tonight (The Lion King)
Beauty and the Beast Song (Beauty and the Beast)

Reprise of The Golden Mickeys Song

--------

Overall, the mystery behind the show and this theater is interesting, and I'm curious if anyone else has any show ideas that could fit in this theater, or any new show ideas? (Paging our resident show expert @mickeyfan5534 ):)

Thanks for reading and check back later tonight for a trip aboard a grand and miraculous spaceship, as well as a trip to a Florida ski resort! :bookworm:

mickeyfan5534

Summer 2020

Off Main Street U.S.A. in the summer of 2020, a new Main Street Theater will open to guests with a new Magic Kingdom Broadway style production, made popular in both Hong Kong Disneyland and on the Disney Cruise Line - The Golden Mickeys.

With the new theater in line for the 50th Anniversary, and rumors swirling that the show will have something to do with the 50th anniversary, and our 50th anniversary celebration being titled the Golden Dreams Celebration - The Golden Mickeys seemed to fit the bill, at least for a short-term show throughout the 50th anniversary.
766-1.jpg

The interior of the theater will be designed with influences from the Boston Opera House, among several other regal theaters throughout the world.

For a show on Main Street - I felt as if it has to be a show that touches a lot of bases given its location. Contemplating new show based on singular films, or taking influence from the Frozen show in DCA, might be a bit to niche for Main Street, which tends to focus on many Disney characters throughout their parades and fireworks shows. So I figured that their new Broadway-style show should follow suit, and while a bit of a safe move using an already existing show, this might be a direction Disney could take just to get the theater going, and then could easily change out the show to something new and unique in the years to come.

Show Soundtrack

The Golden Mickeys Song

Classic
Whistle While You Work
Heigh-Ho

Heroism
Out There
Son of Man (Tarzan)

Symphony
Trashin' the Camp
(Tarzan)

Villains

Friendship

Romance
Bella Notte
(Lady and the Tramp)

--------

Overall, the mystery behind the show and this theater is interesting, and I'm curious if anyone else has any show ideas that could fit in this theater, or any new show ideas? (Paging our resident show expert @mickeyfan5534 ):)

Thanks for reading and check back later tonight for a trip aboard a grand and miraculous spaceship, as well as a trip to a Florida ski resort! :bookworm:

I’ve been thinking a ragtime or 20s version of Big Band Beat would be nice in the theatre. Other than that? A Mickey and the... show would be nice seeing. I’d love to see an adaptation of Snow White, Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty as well.

As for the show itself? My only complaint is Can You Feel the Love Tonight. I personally despise that song and would prefer something like A Whole New World in it’s place. But that’s just me.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Summer 2020

766-1.jpg

Show Soundtrack

The Golden Mickeys Song

Classic
Whistle While You Work
Heigh-Ho

Heroism
Out There
Son of Man (Tarzan)

Symphony
Trashin' the Camp
(Tarzan)

Villains

Friendship

Romance
Bella Notte
(Lady and the Tramp)

--------

I always thought The Golden Mickeys would work better at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Hey, what would a park themed around Hollywood be without an awards ceremony? And also, instead of having just "Out There", I'd reinstate the epic "Trio" from Animazement (which, in case you don't know, is a medley combining "Just Around the Riverbend", "Go the Distance" and "Out There"), and move that to the end of the Heroism segment.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Spaceship Earth Refurbishment

Summer 2020
6582895195_3a76251fda_b.jpg

Spaceship Earth - the 180 foot tall derivative of a pentakis dodecahedron (geometry ftw!) is an original attraction at Epcot and the icon of the park. Going through several iterations essentially telling the same story of communications throughout time, the fundamental message of the attraction is that through communication, we have evolved and now have a responsibility to shape our future on earth. While that message will still be a core aspect of this new refurbishment, it will veer off not only to our communication on earth, but also among the stars.

With the last iteration lasting roughly 13 years 1994-2007 (reopened late-2007), the latest version, should last approximately the same time late-2007- early 2020, with this refurbishment opening summer 2020.
quote-if-you-could-meet-your-grandkids-as-elderly-citizens-in-the-year-2100-you-would-view-them-as-michio-kaku-242439.jpg

A new narration by physicist, Michio Kaku, will drive the attraction forward in time, from the dawn of the universe to our futurescape. Philip Glass will provide the score, which will be more piano focused than its predecessors to provide a calm ambiance throughout the attraction. New enhancements will include on-board timelines of your journey, as well as new scenes in the descent, removing the design your own future sequence and presenting a future to you similar to that of Horizons, but out in deep space, showing spaceship earth's place in our universe.

Welcome aboard Spaceship Earth.

Attention Travelers - Spaceship Earth is a slow moving trip through time hat shows the importance of communication in our lives. During the journey, your time machine vehicle will slowly rotate backwards, and may stop momentarily, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the time machine, and enjoy your trip aboard Spaceship Earth!

Scene 1 - Ascent
For billions of years, a grand and miraculous spaceship has rocketed through the cosmos; an endless voyage through the cold dark canvas of an ever expanding galaxy. Yet our stay as passengers aboard this vessel, may be the most influential footprint in the universe of time. Our instinctive drive to communicate, has offered us the opportunity to evolve not just on this planet, but potentially, to other worlds as well.
big-bang-big-bounce.jpg

Scene 2 - Cave
spaceship-earth-gallery03.jpg

Our story begins in a decadent, morose planet, plagued by millennia of volcanic and tectonic activity. Yet out of the darkness, comes the dawn - the dawn of mankind, and our urge to explore, hunt, and most of all, communicate.

Developing language was essential for our survival. Without earliest cave paintings, we would not have a way to share information, or learn from each other, in small tribes, together to survive.

Scene 3 - Egypt
58afe2713083c409db2ecbb828118cab--spaceship-earth-ancient-egypt.jpg

The complex hieroglyphics of the ancient Egyptians evolved the earliest forms of communications into a universal written communication of complex higher level analysis that our ancestors could interpret and understand. With our brains, we have the most complex machines in the universe, sitting on top of our shoulders. If those machines could communicate rapidly, the possibilities are endless. And thus came the invention of papyrus scrolls where proclamations could be delivers across ruling lands from a central place. We were expanding beyond our nests into the vast world around us.

Scene 4 - Phoenicians
IMG_4793.jpg

As we destined to travel, the earliest commercial highways were invented by the Phoenicians not long after, establishing the first common alphabet to aid their records across the Mediterranean.

Scene 5 - Greece
Spaceship_Earth_Classic_030_122006.jpg

In Greece, the study of philosophy, took the communicated words we spoke, and used them to debate in plazas about lofty sociological meaning and our place in the universe. Story became a fine art, and expression through literature and symphony, led to the inception of - the theater.

Scene 6 - Rome
03583831fd056dfd43d5b0c79da4dac0.jpg

The mighty Roman empire bridged three continents with an intrepid system of roads, that allowed swift communications to all points throughout the empire - East, west, north, and south, all roads led to Rome.

Scene 7 - Dark Ages
burning-rome.jpg

Barbaric invaders would however burn and destroy decades of newfound wisdom and knowledge, which brought communication into...the Dark Ages.

Scene 8 - Islam
Spaceship-Earth-10-2009-015.jpg

But all was not lost, for far across the land, from Cairo to Cordoba, Jewish teachers and Islamic scholars continued the quest for knowledge. Algebra and many other scolastic endeavors were pursued as we continued our quest for knowledge.

In western abbeys, monks toil endlessly transcribing ancient writings into hand penned books of revelation and discovery.

Scene 9 - Renaissance
spaceship-earth-gallery04.jpg

Finally, from the depths of the Dark Ages came the Age of Enlightenment - the Renaissance. And with this era, came a powerful new invention - the printing press.

Scientists, explorers, and scholars spread their discoveries now in written books and essays, multiplied and dispersed throughout the world. Poets, musicians and artists fueled by the passion of the age created timeless works of beauty and majesty.

Scene 10 - Technology Age
d4e7e1944ead50f2da216ad49af087c5.jpg

On this wave of inspiration, we sailed into a bold, new era of communication bringing an explosion of tools and technologies which would bridge people around the world as never before. The world shrunk, and connections between us became just a click away, from on earth, and beyond.
space-warp-speed-hyperspace-travel-through-starfield-nebula-4k_e1fn4yqc__F0011.png

But will we use this newfound power for good? Will we strive to reach beyond our own lifespaces, voyage into the great beyond and interstellar communications, learning our place in the universe and on...our Spaceship Earth.

Finale

space-earth-galaxies-galaxies-stars.jpg

*Attention Travelers - Please Remain Seated, Your vehicles are rotating backwards for your return to earth.*

The ending scenes will now show a telecommunications space station rotating around you as you travel back to earth. On the screen in front of you, there will be options for future communications with other galaxies. Orion-1982, Omega Centauri, Starport 1975, and so on - where you will be able to communicate with other planet beings in the universe, learning their language and through an RPG style scenario, be able to select through responses A-D, what you'd say to those societies about Earth, and what our prospects are for the future.

As the vehicles level off for the final return to earth, a futuristic cityscape is glistening to your right hand side, sending news and information at the speed of light, to all corners of our world, and our universe, as the vehicles recline backwards down the ramp and projections of the cosmos soar around you.

After billions of years of time travel, here we are - at the cornerstone of innovation and discovery. The future is in your hands, and you will shape the path of Spaceship Earth for generations to come.
-----------

Thanks for reading our little refurbishment of Spaceship Earth - updating it for the next decade or so. Check back later tonight for the next project!:)

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@MonorailRed has informed me of the possibility for a Ducktales overlay for the Agent P World Showcase Adventure that I didn't see - it would probably be installed (if it is) 2018ish since it's a minor overlay. Yet we are in mid-2020...
b29.jpg

:hilarious:

So I'm going to add a little blub in one of the earlier 2018 posts so my ocd of a consistent timeline does not act up - then hopefully if I have time tonight we will get back to our regularly schedule program (if not tonight, then tomorrow:bookworm:)

Update - added in! https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ure-of-walt-disney-world.936294/#post-7981189

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Familienfest at the Germany Pavilion

Summer 2020
kjdhf101.jpg

Hoi! Hoi! Hoi! Welcome to the Germany Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. In my opinion, one of the most underrated and beautifully crafted pavilions on the World Showcase Lagoon, the Germany Pavilion has one table service restaurant, a quick service location, and a variety of snack and shop options. Nevertheless, the growing trend of World Showcase Pavilions is to expand their food offerings, and especially popular during the Food and Wine Festival, the adult beverage consumption sometimes takes center stage - (but also the great food as well!)

Nevertheless, in this project - we will be expanding the Germany Pavilion to offer a semi-outdoor/indoor lagoon counter service festival themed restaurant - Familienfest.

New Germany Pavilion Layout
germanyfinal.jpg

German for 'Family Feast' - this restaurant will offer something that the German Pavilion is missing - a lunch/brunch location, and the utilization of the lagoon, which many other pavilions such as Mexico, United Kingdom, and more have taken advantage of with lagoon view restaurants.

While the Biergarten is a buffet restaurant, this will be an opportunity for guests to be able to try more unique German food offerings, such as...

Rouladen
2014_Rouladen_Recipe_Hero_D.jpg

Maultashen
Maultaschen.jpg

Kassler
honungslackad-kassler.jpg

And other varied dishes that aren't in the buffet or quick service that mostly leans on typical German offerings of, as Stacey from the Resort TV says, 'pretzels unt bier'

(Full menu to come from our resident chef @MonorailRed :p)
rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F7b8e591e-9b3a-4916-840c-75efdd647bc5.png

----

Did I mention beer? Anything that opens in Germany has to have a fine assortment of German classic beers. As the restaurant is themed to a summer festival in preparation for Oktoberfest, the story of Oktoberfest is hung on the wall near the bar area for guests to read.

"On October 17, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria celebrated his marriage to Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hindburghausen with one of the grandest festivals Munich had ever known. Thus began the Oktoberfest tradition. For 16 days in late September and early October, millions of celebrants from around the world are drawn to Munich continuing the Oktoberfest celebration."
1106300127.jpg

Some of the beer offerings include the Radeberger Pilsner, Altenmunster Oktoberfest, Dunkel, Hovels, and more. In addition - the menu also has assorted Red and white wines, along with Schnapps and Shots including Jagermeister and Rumple Minze.

--------

While one of the more modest additions for Walt Disney World's 50th - this new restaurant will add capacity and another unique restaurant on the World Showcase lagoon, and further extend the reach of the Food and Wine Festival to a more permanent offering in the park; in regards to the eclectic and numerous food locations available throughout the year including Familienfest

Lastly, this might be wishful thinking on my part, but after Epcot's 40th anniversary in 2022, we might look back into a boat ride for the Germany Pavilion. Can't realisically see this happening anytime soon with so many other projects going on, especially the 'construction zone' easter egg in the map above -- one can guess what that might be for an upcoming project;):)

But for now - I'll end with some concept art of what could have been a Rhine River Cruise *sigh* but with an uplifting note that there is still room for an attraction of this capacity in the Germany Pavilion
4562298-16655146-thumbnail.jpg

4562298-16655044-thumbnail.jpg

--------------

Apologizes for being a bit late with this one. The original tease was that we were going to a ski resort (ala Blizzard Beach) however halfway through the design I ended up scrapping it. Didn't like the direction and also didn't want to just release something I wasn't proud of. Had Familienfest as a sort-of blue sky idea and decided to go that design route instead.

Thanks everyone for reading and as always thoughts and feedback are welcome! :) Auf Wiedersehen!

Suchomimus

oh-boy-3am.jpg

Familienfest at the Germany Pavilion

Summer 2020
kjdhf101.jpg

Hoi! Hoi! Hoi! Welcome to the Germany Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. In my opinion, one of the most underrated and beautifully crafted pavilions on the World Showcase Lagoon, the Germany Pavilion has one table service restaurant, a quick service location, and a variety of snack and shop options. Nevertheless, the growing trend of World Showcase Pavilions is to expand their food offerings, and especially popular during the Food and Wine Festival, the adult beverage consumption sometimes takes center stage - (but also the great food as well!)

Nevertheless, in this project - we will be expanding the Germany Pavilion to offer a semi-outdoor/indoor lagoon counter service festival themed restaurant - Familienfest.

New Germany Pavilion Layout
germanyfinal.jpg

German for 'Family Feast' - this restaurant will offer something that the German Pavilion is missing - a lunch/brunch location, and the utilization of the lagoon, which many other pavilions such as Mexico, United Kingdom, and more have taken advantage of with lagoon view restaurants.

While the Biergarten is a buffet restaurant, this will be an opportunity for guests to be able to try more unique German food offerings, such as...

Rouladen
2014_Rouladen_Recipe_Hero_D.jpg

Maultashen
Maultaschen.jpg

Kassler
honungslackad-kassler.jpg

And other varied dishes that aren't in the buffet or quick service that mostly leans on typical German offerings of, as Stacey from the Resort TV says, 'pretzels unt bier'

(Full menu to come from our resident chef @MonorailRed :p)
rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F7b8e591e-9b3a-4916-840c-75efdd647bc5.png

----

Did I mention beer? Anything that opens in Germany has to have a fine assortment of German classic beers. As the restaurant is themed to a summer festival in preparation for Oktoberfest, the story of Oktoberfest is hung on the wall near the bar area for guests to read.

"On October 17, 1810, Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria celebrated his marriage to Princess Therese of Sachsen-Hindburghausen with one of the grandest festivals Munich had ever known. Thus began the Oktoberfest tradition. For 16 days in late September and early October, millions of celebrants from around the world are drawn to Munich continuing the Oktoberfest celebration."
1106300127.jpg

Some of the beer offerings include the Radeberger Pilsner, Altenmunster Oktoberfest, Dunkel, Hovels, and more. In addition - the menu also has assorted Red and white wines, along with Schnapps and Shots including Jagermeister and Rumple Minze.

--------

While one of the more modest additions for Walt Disney World's 50th - this new restaurant will add capacity and another unique restaurant on the World Showcase lagoon, and further extend the reach of the Food and Wine Festival to a more permanent offering in the park; in regards to the eclectic and numerous food locations available throughout the year including Familienfest

Lastly, this might be wishful thinking on my part, but after Epcot's 40th anniversary in 2022, we might look back into a boat ride for the Germany Pavilion. Can't realisically see this happening anytime soon with so many other projects going on, especially the 'construction zone' easter egg in the map above -- one can guess what that might be for an upcoming project;):)

But for now - I'll end with some concept art of what could have been a Rhine River Cruise *sigh* but with an uplifting note that there is still room for an attraction of this capacity in the Germany Pavilion
4562298-16655146-thumbnail.jpg

4562298-16655044-thumbnail.jpg

--------------

Apologizes for being a bit late with this one. The original tease was that we were going to a ski resort (ala Blizzard Beach) however halfway through the design I ended up scrapping it. Didn't like the direction and also didn't want to just release something I wasn't proud of. Had Familienfest as a sort-of blue sky idea and decided to go that design route instead.

Thanks everyone for reading and as always thoughts and feedback are welcome! :) Auf Wiedersehen!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Expedition Everest Refurbishment

Summer 2020

The-Night-of-the-Yeti.jpg

When Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain opened in Disney's Animal Kingdom April 2016, guests flocked to one of the most technologically innovative roller coasters in that time. I actually got to ride this at a soft opening in February 2006, and it instantly became my favorite attraction at the time. Costing roughly $100 Million to design, and standing 199.5 feet tall (tying the Tower of Terror for tallest attraction at the time), Expedition Everest put Animal Kingdom on the map, and pleased crowds in particular with its grand finale.

Touted for months leading up to the opening as a groundbreaking attraction with documentary specials on the Discovery Channel, the most intriguing part of the project was the power Yeti animatronic that would swing at guests as the coaster would roar out of the mountain interior.
4973990100_24034e1315_b.jpg

However, this technologically innovative animatronic, was built into the support structure for the attraction, and the violent swinging motion of the right arm was causing significant wear and tear to the interior support of the mountain. Due to a calculation error in the computer design, only about a year or two after opening, the Yeti had to go into B-Mode, which in terms of this attraction, meant that a strobe light would flash on the static animatronic as guests whizzed past, in an attempt to trick guests into perceiving motion as the guests moved past it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Rumors swirled that it would be impossible to fix, that it would have to tear down the mountain and restart again, but those have been unfounded theories. In actuality, the animatronic can be fixed, it would just require an extensive downtime of the attraction, and in Disney's Animal Kingdom where Expedition Everest was the star attraction, being closed for 9 months or so might not be the most economically feasible option.

However, by late 2019 - not only will Pandora have been open for 3 summers, but the crowds at Walt Disney World might be centered around other new offerings such as Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, the Disney Skyliner, and more - offering an opportunity to fix the 'disco' Yeti once and for all.

Not much else to say on this project...
shia-labeouf.png

But I think this would be a welcome enhancement for fans of the original attraction, and besides at this point, Expedition Everest would have been open for over 13 years, and be in need of a scheduled refurbishment anyway. Might as well just make it an extended refurbishment and restore the attraction the way Joe Rohde had intended it.

Going to two more places today! The next adventure will be a quick and simple addition - followed by the 'main event' of today's projects later tonight. Thanks for reading!
tumblr_static_ejdc6fdaazso4gscg840k4os8.png

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Muppets Courtyard Enhancement

Fall 2020

--with additional credit to team 'Marvel Studios' from The Great Movie Ride Competition @jyn erso @AceAstro @MonorailRed --

The Muppet Show (1976-1981) was an iconic show that served as the primary inspiration behind Muppet*Vision 3D in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Being the last project (or one of the last projects) that Jim Henson himself worked on, the show is a classic example of the Muppet style of humor and shenanigans.

With Star Wars Land additions in Disney's Hollywood Studios and what we know from insiders and information at hand in 2017, the inclusion of Star Wars Land will re-route, and enclose Muppets Courtyard. In addition, the opening of Pizzerizzo (replacing Pizza Planet) and Gonzo's Royal Flush restrooms, it offers us an opportunity to completely re-vitalize the Muppets mini-land with new entertainment and a cohesive theme.

We wanted an extension of Muppet*Vision 3D that would 'plus' the feeling of being on The Muppet Show. How to bring the characters to life in a way that was more than just a 3D show. An interactive dining experience, connected to the exit of Muppet*Vision, will extend the fun entertainment from the 3D screen into reality, as you can now dine at....

Henson's Revue
HENSON_S_REVUE_LOGO.png

3754890703087262443%253Faccount_id%253D9

Replacing Mama Melrose's Restaurante Italiano will be Henson's Revue, named after the creator of the Muppets (Jim Henson) and also named to depict the eclectic entertainment offerings within the dining experience! With music, games, and some surprises, this will definitely be a dining option for the whole family.

Theme
The theme of Henson's Revue is associated and inspired by the 1970s 'The Muppet Show'. During your dining experience, the Muppets will be performing a series of skits and musical numbers, many of which guests will be able to come down to the dance floor and interacting with.

The music is a vital to the theme theme of not only Henson's Revue, but also the surrounding area music, as the Courtyard will have an 'Awesome Mixtape' of 70s hits playing outside. As you sit on one of the new benches in the shade, marveling at the rainbow connection pavements embedded in the ground below your feet, you'll be able to sit back and relax to music from Elton John, Billy Joel, and many more who were all featured on The Muppet Show.

Now, Disney's Hollywood Studios has the 50s Prime Time Cafe (50s), the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (60s) and Henson's Revue (70s).

Each decade from the 50s-70s is now represented with its own restaurant; a unique finding in a currently progressing park!

Muppets Courtyard 'New' Area Music

'Awesome Mixtape'
Feel free to have a listen with the rest of the project!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4K-5xph6t4racuN6Kdw54v0nYh4zKZMI
Kool and the Gang - Jungle Boogie
Alice Cooper - School's Out For Summer
Elton John - Bennie and the Jets
Billy Joel - New York State of Mind
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Ozzy Osbourne - Born To Be Wild
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive
Rasberries - Go All The Way
Albert Hammond - Down By The River
The Eagles - Take It Easy

Connection to Muppet*Vision
4540009493412968264%253Faccount_id%253D9

There will be two ways to access Henson's Revue. Coming out of the original exit of Muppet*Vision on the back side of the map above, there will now be an expansion of the former Mama Melrose building to the theater. Guests will now exit the theater into a play area setting and gift shop (more details on those to come) before arriving at the check in desk for Henson's Revue. Guests can also enter via Muppets Courtyard proper.

Henson's Revue Interior Layout
7583689197960188797%253Faccount_id%253D9

In a more detailed image of the description above, guests have two ways to enter into the restaurant, and both ways eventually bring them into a 2-floor atrium arrangement, with seating on both levels.

The interior of Mama Melrose was completely gutted and slightly expanded in order to accommodate for these changes.

On an angle parallel to most of the tables is the main stage. It is here where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem will crank out some classic tunes, or Animal will rock out to 'Born to be Wild', or basically anything could happen!

In front of the stage and backstage areas for props and cast members is the main dance floor for guests, and tiered seating on the first floor brings you through the long and circular tables that can seat anywhere from a family of 2-16 guests.

On the second level is balcony seating which runs around the perimeter of the restaurant and offers a birds-eye view of the chaos the Muppets have cooked up.

In addition to being physically connected to Muppet*Vision, there will also be a story connection to the 3D show as well. On a screen behind the stage, Kermit will be seen traveling back and forth with Fozzie, attempting to host both the show and the dinner entertainment as clearly his comrades can't do either properly. References to what is going on in the show will also be heard at these times.

For instance, when Kermit introduces Miss Piggy in the show, he will then seemingly run over to Henson's Revue to check on the progress, and then when Miss Piggy's number is interrupted, he will get word and have to race back periodically.

The Menus
henson_s_revue_menu_cover.jpg

Dinner
Similar to 1970s style restaurants, there will be a buffet salad bar (a unique feature atypical at many WDW restaurants, located to the left hand side of the restaurant, underneath the overhang. Next to it will also be a dessert sundae bar, described later on.

Buffet Salad Bar
kodama_29.jpg

(8.99) Buffet style. Choose from 32 tantalizing ingredients which include

· Romaine Crisp Mix
· Baby Spinach
· Spring Lettuce Blend
· Purple Onion
· Red Bell Peppers
· Sweet Grape Tomatoes
· Cucumber Slices
· Carrot Shreds
· Green Peas
· Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
· Diced Eggs
· Broccoli Florets
· Preserved Beets
· Garbonzo Beans
· Cauliflower Florets
· Banana Peppers
· Artichoke Hearts
· Olive Mix
· Diced Ham
· Scratch-Made Hummus
· Homemade Potato Salad
· Homemade Spring Pasta Salad
· Fresh Basil & Tomato Penne Salad
· Homemade Broccoli Crunch Salad
· Homemade Corn Salsa
· Homemade Cole Slaw
· Homemade Three Bean Salad
· Cottage Cheese
· Fresh Seasonal Fruit
· Pineapple
· Fresh Apple Waldorf
· Feta Cheese

Appetizers
gejas-blog3.jpg

• Mixed Vegetable Fondue (9.99)
  • Cheese Soufflé (7.99)
  • Spinach Puffs (6.99)
Entrees
Veal-Kabobs-1.jpg

• Chef's Sweedish Meatballs topped on a bed of house made egg noodle and covered in a rich sweedish sauce. (22.99)
  • Piggy Pasta Primevera (say that 5 times fast) (19.99)
  • Gonzo's Pasta (it'll be gonzo before you know it!) (17.99)
  • Honeydew's Stuffed Turkey Dinner – A vegetable stuffing stuffed inside a large roasted turkey breast, served on a bed of mashed potatoes and topped with a reduced cranberry sauce. (29.99)
  • Tropical Kabobs – Pork, pineapple, mushrooms, and onions, rosted with a Polynesian coffee run and glazed with a sweet and sour tropical juice sauce. (25.99)
  • The American Spaghetti Stuffed Meatballs (approved by Sam Eagle) (20.99)
  • Pepe's Seafood Stuffed peppers (21.99)
Sundae Bar
e4a2050b1f8cd64fc2695e8cb7534482.jpg

Customized by the Swedish Chef! (7.99, free refills)

• Pick your base:
    • Apple Cobbler
    • Black Forest Cake
    • Seasonal Pie: Grape (Winter), Berry (Spring), Pumpkin (Fall), Peppermint Eggnog (Christmas)
    • 3 Vanilla Cupcakes
    • Cheesecake
  • Pick Your Sauce:
    • Hot Fudge
    • Caramel
    • Strawberry
    • Marshmellow
    • Butterscotch
  • Pick Your Unlimited Toppings:
    • Sprinkles
    • Chocolate chips
    • Cherries
    • Coconut
    • Chocolate Covered Peanuts
    • Marshmallows
    • 3 Fresh Seasonal Fruits
    • Crushed Chocolate Chip Cookies
    • Sliced Almonds
    • Assorted Crushed Candy Bars
    • Waffle Cone Pieces
    • Whipped Cream
Mixed Drinks
(Beaker's Experiments)
The Animal - red cherry liquor mixed with a shot of gin (10.99)
Fozzie Wozzie - 1 part tequila, 2 parts rum, 1 part lime. You'll be feeling fozzie wozzie alright. (9.99)
The Star Wars Holiday Special - vodka, rum, tequila, gin, triple sec, and a shot of lemon juice mixed with cola. It's a mess. (11.99)
Camila Tequila - tequila shot (7.99)
Bobo's Boo Boo - rum, gin, and triple sec mixed with lime juice. (9.99)

Kids
Kermit's Chicken Fingers (8.99)
Cheeseburger and Fries (9.99)
Macaroni and Cheese (7.99)

'The Show'
Show times will be held at 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm, and 9pm and last for 35 minutes each.

During the show, kids and their families will be allowed to come down to the dance floor to sing and dance along with the Muppets. The show will be a hybrid of the Country Bear Jamboree combined with elements of Hoop Dee Doo and the German Biergarten.

Each show will be different than the last, and throughout the 35 min event, a variety of things can happen including:

- Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem will come out on stage to play some of the 1970s playlist established in the area music, as well as some Muppet Show classics such as 'Cheesecake'

- Kermit checking on the restaurant running in from Muppet*Vision

- Gonzo and Camilla the Chicken attempt to sing 'I'm Going to Go Back There Someday' from the Muppet Movie but get interrupted by a power outage via an experiment in Muppet*Vision

- Each show ends with the cast of the Muppets singing one of the smash hit songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody to finish out the dinner show.

For example:
5pm show ends with Stayin' Alive
6:30pm show ends with Jungle Boogie
8pm show ends with Born to Be Wild
9pm show ends with Bohemian Rhapsody

- Each dinner show will have different events and songs throughout, so no show will be the same for the guests.

Muppet Mobile Order
While Dinner is the main event, some guests just enjoy having a sundae or a quick service serving of menu items at Henson's Revue. A small quick service window will be available at the entrance and guests can take advantage of Disney's Mobile Order System.

Simply log on to your MyDisneyExperience App, order your food, and then as a special enhancement, you will be sent a video of the Swedish Chef preparing your meal, similar to the turtle soup sketch.

--Muppet Play Area Description--
Connected to the restaurant as described before, is a play area dedicated to the Muppets. While waiting for your table inside Henson's Revue, or after seeing Muppet*Vision, or just as a break from the heat, come inside this air-conditioned play area with plenty of seats and activities to enjoy.

- Scooter's Backstage playset features an indoor jungle gym similar to Dumbo's queue and the exit to Mission:Space for small kids to play on.
- In the back corner is a 70s Arcade for kids and kids at heart to play with, featuring old games such as Pacman with a Muppet twist.
- Occasionally throughout the day, the Muppet Mobile Lab might perform a show indoors for all to see.

The Great Chicken Caper
B-Ticket
7101482167427373402%253Faccount_id%253D9

While Henson's Revue provides a much needed table service option and further expands the Muppets Mini-Land by removing a theme that didn't fit in the area, with Star Wars Land there needs to be more capacity in the surrounding area or else the park will simply be long waits everywhere.

In an attempt to quell this and also add a bit more depth to the Muppets Mini-Land and connections to the 1970s Muppet Shows, The Great Chicken Caper will be a small B-Ticket spinning teacup style attraction in the center of the courtyard. The goal of this is to hopefully offer a venue for slightly more capacity and things to do while either waiting for your Henson's Revue or looking for a quaint location to relax and unwind.

Conclusion
Overall, Henson's Revue and the connectivity with the newly improved Muppet Courtyard and extension of Muppet*Vision, will be a well-received addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios, offering the park some needed capacity and an extra dose of The Muppets!​

AceAstro

Muppets Courtyard Enhancement

Fall 2020

--with additional credit to team 'Marvel Studios' from The Great Movie Ride Competition @jyn erso @AceAstro @MonorailRed --

The Muppet Show (1976-1981) was an iconic show that served as the primary inspiration behind Muppet*Vision 3D in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Being the last project (or one of the last projects) that Jim Henson himself worked on, the show is a classic example of the Muppet style of humor and shenanigans.

With Star Wars Land additions in Disney's Hollywood Studios and what we know from insiders and information at hand in 2017, the inclusion of Star Wars Land will re-route, and enclose Muppets Courtyard. In addition, the opening of Pizzerizzo (replacing Pizza Planet) and Gonzo's Royal Flush restrooms, it offers us an opportunity to completely re-vitalize the Muppets mini-land with new entertainment and a cohesive theme.

We wanted an extension of Muppet*Vision 3D that would 'plus' the feeling of being on The Muppet Show. How to bring the characters to life in a way that was more than just a 3D show. An interactive dining experience, connected to the exit of Muppet*Vision, will extend the fun entertainment from the 3D screen into reality, as you can now dine at....

Henson's Revue
HENSON_S_REVUE_LOGO.png

3754890703087262443%253Faccount_id%253D9

Replacing Mama Melrose's Restaurante Italiano will be Henson's Revue, named after the creator of the Muppets (Jim Henson) and also named to depict the eclectic entertainment offerings within the dining experience! With music, games, and some surprises, this will definitely be a dining option for the whole family.

Theme
The theme of Henson's Revue is associated and inspired by the 1970s 'The Muppet Show'. During your dining experience, the Muppets will be performing a series of skits and musical numbers, many of which guests will be able to come down to the dance floor and interacting with.

The music is a vital to the theme theme of not only Henson's Revue, but also the surrounding area music, as the Courtyard will have an 'Awesome Mixtape' of 70s hits playing outside. As you sit on one of the new benches in the shade, marveling at the rainbow connection pavements embedded in the ground below your feet, you'll be able to sit back and relax to music from Elton John, Billy Joel, and many more who were all featured on The Muppet Show.

Now, Disney's Hollywood Studios has the 50s Prime Time Cafe (50s), the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (60s) and Henson's Revue (70s).

Each decade from the 50s-70s is now represented with its own restaurant; a unique finding in a currently progressing park!

Muppets Courtyard 'New' Area Music

'Awesome Mixtape'
Feel free to have a listen with the rest of the project!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4K-5xph6t4racuN6Kdw54v0nYh4zKZMI
Kool and the Gang - Jungle Boogie
Alice Cooper - School's Out For Summer
Elton John - Bennie and the Jets
Billy Joel - New York State of Mind
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
Ozzy Osbourne - Born To Be Wild
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Al Stewart - Year Of The Cat
The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running
Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive
Rasberries - Go All The Way
Albert Hammond - Down By The River
The Eagles - Take It Easy

Connection to Muppet*Vision
4540009493412968264%253Faccount_id%253D9

There will be two ways to access Henson's Revue. Coming out of the original exit of Muppet*Vision on the back side of the map above, there will now be an expansion of the former Mama Melrose building to the theater. Guests will now exit the theater into a play area setting and gift shop (more details on those to come) before arriving at the check in desk for Henson's Revue. Guests can also enter via Muppets Courtyard proper.

Henson's Revue Interior Layout
7583689197960188797%253Faccount_id%253D9

In a more detailed image of the description above, guests have two ways to enter into the restaurant, and both ways eventually bring them into a 2-floor atrium arrangement, with seating on both levels.

The interior of Mama Melrose was completely gutted and slightly expanded in order to accommodate for these changes.

On an angle parallel to most of the tables is the main stage. It is here where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem will crank out some classic tunes, or Animal will rock out to 'Born to be Wild', or basically anything could happen!

In front of the stage and backstage areas for props and cast members is the main dance floor for guests, and tiered seating on the first floor brings you through the long and circular tables that can seat anywhere from a family of 2-16 guests.

On the second level is balcony seating which runs around the perimeter of the restaurant and offers a birds-eye view of the chaos the Muppets have cooked up.

In addition to being physically connected to Muppet*Vision, there will also be a story connection to the 3D show as well. On a screen behind the stage, Kermit will be seen traveling back and forth with Fozzie, attempting to host both the show and the dinner entertainment as clearly his comrades can't do either properly. References to what is going on in the show will also be heard at these times.

For instance, when Kermit introduces Miss Piggy in the show, he will then seemingly run over to Henson's Revue to check on the progress, and then when Miss Piggy's number is interrupted, he will get word and have to race back periodically.

The Menus
henson_s_revue_menu_cover.jpg

Dinner
Similar to 1970s style restaurants, there will be a buffet salad bar (a unique feature atypical at many WDW restaurants, located to the left hand side of the restaurant, underneath the overhang. Next to it will also be a dessert sundae bar, described later on.

Buffet Salad Bar
kodama_29.jpg

(8.99) Buffet style. Choose from 32 tantalizing ingredients which include

· Romaine Crisp Mix
· Baby Spinach
· Spring Lettuce Blend
· Purple Onion
· Red Bell Peppers
· Sweet Grape Tomatoes
· Cucumber Slices
· Carrot Shreds
· Green Peas
· Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
· Diced Eggs
· Broccoli Florets
· Preserved Beets
· Garbonzo Beans
· Cauliflower Florets
· Banana Peppers
· Artichoke Hearts
· Olive Mix
· Diced Ham
· Scratch-Made Hummus
· Homemade Potato Salad
· Homemade Spring Pasta Salad
· Fresh Basil & Tomato Penne Salad
· Homemade Broccoli Crunch Salad
· Homemade Corn Salsa
· Homemade Cole Slaw
· Homemade Three Bean Salad
· Cottage Cheese
· Fresh Seasonal Fruit
· Pineapple
· Fresh Apple Waldorf
· Feta Cheese

Appetizers
gejas-blog3.jpg

• Mixed Vegetable Fondue (9.99)
  • Cheese Soufflé (7.99)
  • Spinach Puffs (6.99)
Entrees
Veal-Kabobs-1.jpg

• Chef's Sweedish Meatballs topped on a bed of house made egg noodle and covered in a rich sweedish sauce. (22.99)
  • Piggy Pasta Primevera (say that 5 times fast) (19.99)
  • Gonzo's Pasta (it'll be gonzo before you know it!) (17.99)
  • Honeydew's Stuffed Turkey Dinner – A vegetable stuffing stuffed inside a large roasted turkey breast, served on a bed of mashed potatoes and topped with a reduced cranberry sauce. (29.99)
  • Tropical Kabobs – Pork, pineapple, mushrooms, and onions, rosted with a Polynesian coffee run and glazed with a sweet and sour tropical juice sauce. (25.99)
  • The American Spaghetti Stuffed Meatballs (approved by Sam Eagle) (20.99)
  • Pepe's Seafood Stuffed peppers (21.99)
Sundae Bar
e4a2050b1f8cd64fc2695e8cb7534482.jpg

Customized by the Swedish Chef! (7.99, free refills)

• Pick your base:
    • Apple Cobbler
    • Black Forest Cake
    • Seasonal Pie: Grape (Winter), Berry (Spring), Pumpkin (Fall), Peppermint Eggnog (Christmas)
    • 3 Vanilla Cupcakes
    • Cheesecake
  • Pick Your Sauce:
    • Hot Fudge
    • Caramel
    • Strawberry
    • Marshmellow
    • Butterscotch
  • Pick Your Unlimited Toppings:
    • Sprinkles
    • Chocolate chips
    • Cherries
    • Coconut
    • Chocolate Covered Peanuts
    • Marshmallows
    • 3 Fresh Seasonal Fruits
    • Crushed Chocolate Chip Cookies
    • Sliced Almonds
    • Assorted Crushed Candy Bars
    • Waffle Cone Pieces
    • Whipped Cream
Mixed Drinks
(Beaker's Experiments)
The Animal - red cherry liquor mixed with a shot of gin (10.99)
Fozzie Wozzie - 1 part tequila, 2 parts rum, 1 part lime. You'll be feeling fozzie wozzie alright. (9.99)
The Star Wars Holiday Special - vodka, rum, tequila, gin, triple sec, and a shot of lemon juice mixed with cola. It's a mess. (11.99)
Camila Tequila - tequila shot (7.99)
Bobo's Boo Boo - rum, gin, and triple sec mixed with lime juice. (9.99)

Kids
Kermit's Chicken Fingers (8.99)
Cheeseburger and Fries (9.99)
Macaroni and Cheese (7.99)

'The Show'
Show times will be held at 5pm, 6:30pm, 8pm, and 9pm and last for 35 minutes each.

During the show, kids and their families will be allowed to come down to the dance floor to sing and dance along with the Muppets. The show will be a hybrid of the Country Bear Jamboree combined with elements of Hoop Dee Doo and the German Biergarten.

Each show will be different than the last, and throughout the 35 min event, a variety of things can happen including:

- Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem will come out on stage to play some of the 1970s playlist established in the area music, as well as some Muppet Show classics such as 'Cheesecake'

- Kermit checking on the restaurant running in from Muppet*Vision

- Gonzo and Camilla the Chicken attempt to sing 'I'm Going to Go Back There Someday' from the Muppet Movie but get interrupted by a power outage via an experiment in Muppet*Vision

- Each show ends with the cast of the Muppets singing one of the smash hit songs such as Bohemian Rhapsody to finish out the dinner show.

For example:
5pm show ends with Stayin' Alive
6:30pm show ends with Jungle Boogie
8pm show ends with Born to Be Wild
9pm show ends with Bohemian Rhapsody

- Each dinner show will have different events and songs throughout, so no show will be the same for the guests.

Muppet Mobile Order
While Dinner is the main event, some guests just enjoy having a sundae or a quick service serving of menu items at Henson's Revue. A small quick service window will be available at the entrance and guests can take advantage of Disney's Mobile Order System.

Simply log on to your MyDisneyExperience App, order your food, and then as a special enhancement, you will be sent a video of the Swedish Chef preparing your meal, similar to the turtle soup sketch.

--Muppet Play Area Description--
Connected to the restaurant as described before, is a play area dedicated to the Muppets. While waiting for your table inside Henson's Revue, or after seeing Muppet*Vision, or just as a break from the heat, come inside this air-conditioned play area with plenty of seats and activities to enjoy.

- Scooter's Backstage playset features an indoor jungle gym similar to Dumbo's queue and the exit to Mission:Space for small kids to play on.
- In the back corner is a 70s Arcade for kids and kids at heart to play with, featuring old games such as Pacman with a Muppet twist.
- Occasionally throughout the day, the Muppet Mobile Lab might perform a show indoors for all to see.

The Great Chicken Caper
B-Ticket
7101482167427373402%253Faccount_id%253D9

While Henson's Revue provides a much needed table service option and further expands the Muppets Mini-Land by removing a theme that didn't fit in the area, with Star Wars Land there needs to be more capacity in the surrounding area or else the park will simply be long waits everywhere.

In an attempt to quell this and also add a bit more depth to the Muppets Mini-Land and connections to the 1970s Muppet Shows, The Great Chicken Caper will be a small B-Ticket spinning teacup style attraction in the center of the courtyard. The goal of this is to hopefully offer a venue for slightly more capacity and things to do while either waiting for your Henson's Revue or looking for a quaint location to relax and unwind.

Conclusion
Overall, Henson's Revue and the connectivity with the newly improved Muppet Courtyard and extension of Muppet*Vision, will be a well-received addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios, offering the park some needed capacity and an extra dose of The Muppets!​

Still probably my favourite project from that competiton! Can't wait to see what else is posted today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom